It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.3166: Enemy Expatriation Act: Bad mouth the US gov, lose your citizenship!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Looking at the date, I am amazed this hasn't been posted before. Nothing in a search so sorry if I missed it. While this is just another in a string of illegal and unconstitutional laws meant to solidify the unconstitutional authority of the federal government, I really don't think it will fly the way it is intended to. Along with it being a total contradiction to the 1st amendment, the neighbors might have something to say if there are any attempts to enforce it.
www.govtrack.us...
edit on 30-12-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You Americans really have some big unusual bills trying to go threw your system that boggles the mind ....Did this all start with Bush and his gang?
I was thinking 2011 was a weird year but 2012 is shaping up to be something from out of this world ...maybe there are aliens among us ...peace

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
When I hear of people having to pay taxes back to the US because they can't give up their citizenship even tho they haven't lived there for years, this actually sounds like a sweet way to accomplish both goals.

Maybe....

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Don't worry US citizens... I will do the bad mouthing for you. I do it everyday the second I log on here. Feels good to be Irish

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Please explain how you come to the conclusion that a citizen can't "bad mouth" the U.S. Government. From what I can tell it does nothing more than specify long standing reasons, that one would lose their citizenship. Modified to include those that are planning armed rebellion or terrorism through service or financing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I must disagree with your assesment of this bill.This bill involves actually physically helping or participating physically in any type of assault against the US government. This bill mentions NOTHING about speech.
edit on 30-12-2011 by candcantiques because: spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Now that is a scary thought. Sounds like Charlie needs shown the Unemployment line to me. His bio says he's sitting on the House Appropriations Committee and the House Ethics Committee. Great...So someone with this warped view of what our Constitution means to individual Americans helps decide how the Nation's money is budgeted and spent..and when he's all done there, he helps write the very rules which determine his OWN definition of malfeasance or bad behavior in office.

Oh yeah.. We REALLY need a big Flush to 98% of Capital Hill. We can make the sole requirement for running in the first election after the flush to be absolutely *NO* experience holding major political office before, EVER...not so much as a School Board position! We need CITIZENS, not these career liars, up there to sort things out for a few years at least!

By reading this...many posts I've made right here could cost me my citizenship if the wrong person were the one to interpret it vs. the law. Thank goodness this bill is brand new with ONLY 3 sponsors... It has a LONG way to go and most bills never make it to a vote. There is that.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So basicaly the Federal government now[if passed] has the power to strip someone of its citizenship?.

If thats the case and you dont understand how truly frightening and insane this is, you are lost.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I can still bad mouth all I want regardless, if I am forced to move on a Indian reservation I will do so... Lose my citizenship?... Hahahahaha, Governments making me laugh. Maybe if they were doing a better job then they wouldn't have to worry about people hating them. Instead this is an attempt to infringe on our Constitutional Rights of free speech...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

There is a HUGE difference between "bad mouthing" the US Government and supporting, or engaging in hostilities against it!

Either your title is VERY misleading, or you failed to grasp the meaning of the word "hostilities" in your source! Which is it?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What are you talking about "back taxes"? I was born and raised in the States but I haven't lived there in 25 years. I don't pay taxes to the States and I never have since I left. I don't have to pay to have this nationality. It's my birthright. I don't have the nationality of the country I live in. I wasn't born here.

And for the record, I have badmouthed the US probably my entire life. I sure won't stop now! If I lose my citizenship because of it (I should be so lucky!) I will get an alien's passport. How cool is that? Well, not. It's rather limiting, but so is the US passport these days. We aren't welcomed with open arms by the rest of the world, and even less so in our own consulates abroad. If you've never been in one, you would be appalled by it. Shocking treatment.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well lets see, what do I get with my citizenship now? The military protects me from cia created terrorists, sort of, I have to pay taxes for things I dont want. I get bailed out, haha just kidding. So yeah it wouldnt be a big loss. Have I lost my citizenship yet?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

There is a HUGE difference between "bad mouthing" the US Government and supporting, or engaging in hostilities against it!

Either your title is VERY misleading, or you failed to grasp the meaning of the word "hostilities" in your source! Which is it?

See ya,
Milt

I'd invite you to help the Department of Justice understand that distinction. I agree entirely that it's there...but the FBI doesn't seem to let little things like that get in their way, and you trust Holder, Mr Fast and Furious, to hold to the letter and never go beyond it?

Hmm.... VERY big difference, agreed. VERY large gap between the law and what is enforced, also very true. Knowing you'll win in court in 5 or 10 or 25 years when it finally gets to the Supreme Court to prove you right is small consolation in the mean time.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Fine. I don't consider myself a citizen/subject to the criminal entity that has become the US Government.

They can kiss my backside.

I have very little good to say about the current tick bleeding We the People dry. A study of history will show that the colonists were more free under King George than we are under this tyrannical nightmare we call a government. There are a lot of places in hell all warmed up and waiting for the ones who have hijacked and turned this nation into the hellhole it has become.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Perhaps if people more accurately understood what they read, and possible heard, the idiot that nominated Mr. Holder to his position as United States Attorney General, wouldn't have been elected in the first place.

Our problem is not the US Government, it's ignorant voters!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This bill is just another nail in the coffin.
They are making sure that there will be no rebellions in the future. This is their way of insuring things can not be reversed.
Americans are coming to understand that things will not change simply by casting a vote.
As more people relise this simple fact, the more the fat cats in DC get worried..............hence the bill in question.
Quad

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I really don't get the point of all of this crap... most of you seem to think it is currently, or was in the past, okay to engage in, or support, hostilities against the US. Isn't treason punishable by death??? Do you really think revoking one's citizenship is that big of a deal? Hell, aren't convicted felons already considered "diminished citizens" until they get their full citizen status reinstated?

This thread sure seems to be "making a mountain out of a molehill".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well that clears up some of that messy business of denying citizens due process and entering them into indefinite detention doesn't it?

Did our law makers forget they work for us and are supposed to be very specific with legal language?

Very sad times for America.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

The government is supposed to be "of, for, and by the people". They are not. Surely what they are doing is greater treason than anything the people could do to them. It truly is an Us vs Them situation now. They must learn to take their proper place, much as one must teach an unruly pup its place or one will surely regret it later. I think now is the time to either teach that old dog a whole new lifestyle or then it's time to get a new pup. It seems to me that the old gov't dog has seen its last day.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

There is a difference, but I wouldn't call it "huge".

hos-til-i-ty   /hɒˈstɪlɪti/ Show Spelled[ho-stil-i-tee] Show IPA
noun, plural -ties.
1. a hostile state, condition, or attitude; enmity; antagonism; unfriendliness.
2. a hostile act.
3. opposition or resistance to an idea, plan, project, etc.
4. hostilities,
a. acts of warfare.
b. war.

dictionary.reference.com...

It appears that "hostilities" does involve acts of war, while "hostility" means general opposition.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join