It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whether you're christian,Whether you're Muslim and whether you're an atheist,YOU ALL HAVE RIGHTS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Said, the egyptian guy!

You won't see this on MSM.

edit on 30-12-2011 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
yes we do.....the bible says we are all made the same way....I belive this message

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

Star, Flag, Go Viral!!!!

Once you take away or limit the Rights, Freedoms, Liberties, Safety, or Privacy of 'others,' you set the precedent for 'others' to take and limit yours.

Whether you're Christian, Muslim, or Atheist... we're all human!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I do not know this mans name, but he is my new hero. He is not screaming about Sharia law or death to America. He just wants his nation to be free of oppression.

I just hope that his revolution is not railroaded by extreme Islamic fundamentalists.

My hopes and prayers go out to the people in the middle east and northern Africa fighting for freedom.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

Maybe you should have watched the video. The speech was only a mere 13 seconds.

"We will not be silenced! Whether you're a Christian, whether you're a Muslim, whether you're an Atheist, you will demand your God-dam rights, and we will have our rights one way or the other. We will never be silenced!"

The video is an inspiration for unity. Your anti-Islamic rant had absolutely nothing to do with the OP or video linked.

edit on 12/30/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Sorry to disagree with everyone but my post was right on topic. Every religion has rights. I believe that. However some religions in this country and in Europe are being persecuted and threatened with genocide so if we are going to talk about ALL religions having rights can we please talk about ALL religions. I am a Christian, I have friends that are Jewish, Hindu and Muslim. I agree with the topic ALL religions have rights. Why is it improper to speak of some religions being persecuted by others in this thread?
edit on 30-12-2011 by candcantiques because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The message coming from that man is unique! something we should take heed.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The guy in the video did not state his religion, nor was he wearing any religious type clothing. The man did not wear his religion on his sleeve. Are we to assume he is Muslim because he partook in the Egyptian protests? Does this passionate man symbolize Islam or terrorism? Did you know that there are more yellow-skinned, slanted-eyed (Asian) Muslims than Arab Muslims in the world? When you eat an eggroll do you automatically associate it with Islam?

If you want to manifest the same level of separation on 'this' side as the radical Muslims manifest on 'that' side, then please do so in a thread espousing separation, hate, and anger. It is the type of thinking that you are illustrating that is identical to the type of thinking in the minds of radical Muslims: anger and separation.

I saw a man in Egypt calling for equality and freedom regardless of religion. You did not watch the video but express anger and separation. May your heart be put to ease my friend.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Ok I saw the video and I agree. All religions should demand their rights. All religions have the right to exist peacefully so on the flip side of the coin why are so many religions being persecuted such as I stated in my deleted post? Are we not allowed to speak of the injustices so that maybe we can correct them? If we are banned from speaking about the wrongs that are being done to certain religious groups then what happens to their rights? If we are going to discuss a topic dont tell me to only discuss the half that is acceptable. I am not nor will I ever be the type of person that will be forced to bite my toung because the other half of the conversation is not politically correct. If we are going to talk lets talk about the ENTIRE subject, that ALL religions should be free of the chains and threats from other religions.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

you just had to take this moment of human solidarity and destroy it by bringing up a conflict that wasn't highlighted anywhere in the OP huh???

we are HUMAN, beliefs aside, and that was the overt message of this thread. but then here comes YOU and your "but conflict!" and "but negativity!"...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

You state "The guy in the video did not state his religion, nor was he wearing any religious type clothing. The man did not wear his religion on his sleeve. Are we to assume he is Muslim because he partook in the Egyptian protests? Does this passionate man symbolize Islam or terrorism" Why are you assuming that I thought the man in the video was muslim? I told you I didnt SEE the video so HOW COULD I POSSIBLY ASSUME ANYTHING? I was meerely making a case for people of certain religions that were being persecuted in this country and others and just as the thread stated they should NOT be persecuted for their religion. I had no idea what the man in the video looked like because as you well know I stated that I didnt watch the video before commenting so where do you get off telling me to go to "a thread espousing separation, hate, and anger"? I do NOT agree with hate seperation and anger so why are people here in the USA and in Great Brittian and all over the world stating VERY clearly every day that ALL people of other religions must die? I do not agree with ANYONE that does not have religious tollerance. I do not believe that one religion should force their beliefs on another. I do not believe that any religion is wrong what I DO believe is that there needs to be discussion about the wrongs that are bieng done to certain religions so that we can put an end to the wrongs that are being done. Am I understood now or am I still somehow wrong and off topic?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

What but? There is the whole story then there is half a story. I want to speak of the WHOLE story that ALL religions have rights and what we can do to secure those rights for those religions that are being persecuted. Where am I going wrong here?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Mainstream media play a significant role in providing the basis for determining an individuals view of the World and everything that exists. Thus any one group in complete control of information placed on media will in effect have the power to indoctrinate practically the entire populace of the World to their way of thinking and it is this fact the higherups are exploiting.The above video can change millions!

What the hell did i just commented above? lol

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If you want to talk about the whole topic....

1. The Egyptian protests were a united-societal non-religious movement against governmental corruption.

2. The OP video mentions Christians, Muslims, and Atheists united by the demand for human rights.

Since you want to talk about the whole topic, please tell me how stating Islamic biases fits in to THIS topic. Was the OP video expressing Islamic Supremecy or Shariah Law?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I was merely making a statement that there are (or have been) Christians that have gone to jail in the USA because they were walking down the street speaking of their religion, and if ALL religions have equal rights, that this, like many other atrocities, should NOT be permitted. The ONLY way to stop such things from happening is to talk about them and fight against the injustices, the same as the man in the video. How does that bias fit into the topic? There was one religion forcibly silencing another religion under penalty of jail and monetary fines and according to the video topic this should NOT be and we should fight against such things. Or am I still off topic?

edit on 30-12-2011 by candcantiques because: Run on sentance

I have this ability to jump way past half of the conversation to its ending rather than going through the entire maze of explaining myself. I believe that is why most people didnt understand why I was making the statement that I first made. After connecting all of the dots however I believe it is evident that I ALWAYS WAS on topic, just so far down the road in the conversation that everyone got lost and believed me to be a hater, which I am not.
edit on 30-12-2011 by candcantiques because: addendum

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well, in your initial reply you cited Dearborn, Michigan. You ever been there? The previous business I owned brought me to Dearborn, Michigan once every month. There sure are a LOT of Muslims living there! Even all of the city-council, mayor, law professional, and medical billboards featured Muslim people. It's almost a "Little Mecca." Not many franchise stores... mostly all businesses are locally owned and feature high-end custom architecture. I have NEVER once ran into a radical Muslim threatening me in any way in Dearborn. All of the people there are.... PEOPLE!

That Florida preacher Terry Jones wanted to hold an armed rally against Islam while burning Qur'ans. The idiot accidentally shot his gun in the parking lot of a Fox affiliated studio, thank God no one was hurt! He planned this rally on the SAME day as an International Islamic Festival. Fully armed Christians burning Qur'ans... who were the inciters here? On top of that, Dearborn police arrested 6 men trying to assault Terry Jones during his short-lived protest rally. I do not see the law enforcement bias to support or protect Islam in this case.

I only wanted to correct you about Dearborn, because I know the area very well personally. I know you can easily bring up countless events featuring Islamic hate, violence, or bigotry.

I am not a fan of Islam either. You know what I did about it? I made my own thread to bash Islam based on evidence instead of de-railing others': Becoming Muslim: I Did Not Read The Fine Print. I even made 2 threads trying to cultivate inter-religious understanding: Human Unification Through Understanding Spiritual Relativity and Blind Men And An Elephant; Perspective and Relativity.

At the end of this 'debate' we are having... the OP is a passionate call to Human Rights regardless of religion or lack of religion. It is a historic moment in time where courageous people stood up to their corrupt governmental system. The only thing I see in the OP is Unity, Passion, Hope, and Courage. If you have something to say other than those concepts, I suggest you make your own thread.

I was hoping this thread would be a catalyst for Unity and brotherhood.... I didn't think I'd be here "arguing."

Assalamu alaikum (May Peace be upon you).

edit on 12/30/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Dearborn Michigan is where the Christians were arrested. Heres a link--> www.youtube.com...

There are some really really stupid Christian IDIOTS out there and I will NOT defend them. Normally though they deserve to be arrested for being racist bigoted jerks that incite violence. I do not have time or desire to memorise every idiotic religious jerk but I do remember the Christians that protested at the funeral of the soldier that was killed stating something to the fact that he deserved to die and they were glad he was dead. While I believe in free speech I also believe in having a little class and morals. They may have been within their legal rights but morally they were wrong and I do not ever support people like them. I am against anyone that would try to force their will on me or mine. I am for peace. You believe what you believe and I believe what I believe we act with class towards each other and as long as nobody dies because a religion dictates it I am fine. Oh and by the way, the Christian bible states

Exodus 19:13
13 He shall surely be stoned or shot with arrows; not a hand is to be laid on him. Whether man or animal, he shall not be permitted to live.' Only when the ram's horn sounds a long blast may they go up to the mountain.
Deuteronomy 13:10
10 Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
Deuteronomy 17:5
5 take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death.
Deuteronomy 22:21
21 she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father's house. You must purge the evil from among you

I am Christian and I do NOT believe in ANY of that nor do I support anyone that does. All religions should be free as long as we all evolve beyond the dark ages.

new topics

top topics

join