It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-Un named supreme commander of N. Korean military

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
You have to worry about anyone with a barnet like that.

He looks like some member of an obscure 1980s electropop band.

I was about to say that he looks like he's about 15 years old. And that's not a good thing given the fact that he's just been given the keys to a paranoid communist regime with the bomb.

I have complete confidence that the NK leadership council has selected the right guy for the job.

Who else was in contention ?

Well, there was Kim Jong-am, but he was nicked trying to enter Japan on a false passport as he wanted to see Disneyland, so he's out. There's Kim Sul-song, but she's a girl and everyone knows that girls can't be rulers of militarist-communist countries as they're too soppy. Finally there's Kim Jong-chul, but according to Kim Jung-il's personal sushi chef, who probably escaped by throwing some examples of his work in front of him and then legging it over the border as all the guards scrabbled for the food, his father passed him over because he's: "no good because he is like a little girl".
Anyone else was out of contention because they're not descended from a man who born on Korea's sacred mountain under a double rainbow, a new star and probably a sparrow with three arses.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Ah yes.

I forgot about those people.

Do we have dossiers on them for comparison ?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

What would they have to gain from reuniting with South Korea? The North Korean government would lose all that it has worked so hard to create. No international group nor any government would allow North Korea to peacefully absorb South Korea and North Korea, no matter how much it's people are hurting would never accept their return to South Korea's leadership. The leaders of North Korea don't care how many citizens die as long as their borders are protected, they have a military large enough to be a threat, and their higher ups live in comfort. Also the differences in the culture as they are now would create far too many problems for any kind of cooperation between the two countries.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epicclassman
no matter how much it's people are hurting would never accept their return to South Korea's leadership.
I find the credibility of that claim to be quite low.

I am quite convinced that people can become quite flexible in what they will and will not do in order to avoid starving to death, which video smuggled out of North Korea showing people boiling tree bark to alleviate their hunger pangs suggests is happening in North Korea.

Besides, if the Koreas are unified, wouldn't it be like the unification of the North and South in the US after the civil war? The south still got a fair vote on electing national leaders, they didn't have to accept whatever the North gave them. Likewise I'd expect both North and South Koreans to vote in national elections, after unification, not just take orders from the South.

But from what I've read about the new "Supreme commander" so far, I doubt he's the guy who will bring about unification. The only way he can hold onto his power is by staying isolated, so that's what I expect he will try to do.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Besides, if the Koreas are unified, wouldn't it be like the unification of the North and South in the US after the civil war?

The American Civil War was a little different.

The North and South were both capitalist governments.

Both had bond financing from the same sources.
many "foreign" investors had investments on both sides.

Cotton was actually a major issue, not slavery.

England played a major role (as usual).

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Something I find strange... Kim Jung Un never smiles.

Check it out:

www.google.com... PKfKiAKNmvWODQ

Even KJI was smiling in photos on occasion.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Haha I couldn't have worded it any better myself, I had a real laugh when I came across your comment. I always imagined him as old Kim's favourite, sat stuffing his face at dinner while the rest of the family talks politics - Kim throwing him an extra wing every once in a while.
edit on 3-1-2012 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
Something I find strange... Kim Jung Un never smiles.

Check it out:

www.google.com... PKfKiAKNmvWODQ

Even KJI was smiling in photos on occasion.

You must be blind, considering how the sixth picture shows him smiling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join