It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-Un named supreme commander of N. Korean military

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Kim Jong-un named supreme commander of N. Korean military

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

North Korea's new leader, Kim Jong-un, has been appointed the supreme commander of North Korea's 1.1-million-strong military, the communist nation's media reported Saturday.

The decision, one of the clearest signs, at least outwardly, that Kim is rapidly solidifying power, came at a meeting of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party on Friday, according to Pyongyang's official news agency, KCNA, monitored in Seoul.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: fix title

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
For better or for worse?

I was hoping that Kim Jr. would adopt a new policy to help the people of NK who have suffered for so long but regrettably the vibe I'm getting is that he will be just as much of a hardliner as his dad.

We all knew this was coming, let's hope it's for the better.

Maybe improved relations with the South, maybe let some families reunite.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, it's not surprising news. He's been groomed for the position, and as I understand it his older brother would rather prefer disneyland.

On a more serious note, I gathered the official stance of the government of north korea stated to the world that its policies would not change at all, despite the loss of their foremost leader.

However, I'm not so sure about that, due to their economical difficulties. Some experts believe that they will try to reunite with south korea within five years, due to their economical problems.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You have to worry about anyone with a barnet like that.

He looks like some member of an obscure 1980s electropop band.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

I was about to say that he looks like he's about 15 years old. And that's not a good thing given the fact that he's just been given the keys to a paranoid communist regime with the bomb.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

I was about to say that he looks like he's about 15 years old. And that's not a good thing given the fact that he's just been given the keys to a paranoid communist regime with the bomb.

Yah, he does look a bit like a kid !

but he is an educated boy.

He attended the English-language International School of Bern, Switzerland, until 1998 under a pseudonym.[18][19][20][21][22] Former classmates have asserted that he attended Gümligen International School or Liebefeld public school. In Liebefeld, he told his friend Joao Micaelo that he was the son of the North Korea leader, though Micaelo said he didn't believe him at the time.

(always with the cloaking routine !)

A far cry from dadio kim jong (mentally)ill.

Kim Jong UNchained

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I thought he looked like an Asiatic Rick Moranis...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hope things get better. My little brother is stationed in South Korea, the last thing I want to see is a war over there.

I was worried that if he got too much power he'd end up attacking the South. Unfortunately it looks like he's consolidating power and he won't be rendered a meaningless figurehead.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I hope i'm wrong but Kim Jong Un looks mentally ill he just doesn't look well at all, he has that psychopathic look in his eye, he's been a spoilt little brat all his life and has also probably got one hell of a short man syndrome /anger issues

I think Kim Jong Ill got wiser in his old age and more forgiving, this new Kim Jong will not be so... i think he's going to be the same as his father just worst, he will either run the country into the ground even further through his lack on experience or do something very very stupid,

edit on 31-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
I hope i'm wrong but Kim Jong Un looks mentally ill he just doesn't look well at all, he has that psychopathic look in his eye, he's been a spoilt little brat all his life and has also probably got one hell of a short man syndrome /anger issues

I think Kim Jong Ill got wiser in his old age and more forgiving, this new Kim Jong will not be so... i think he's going to be the same as his father just worst, he will either run the country into the ground even further through his lack on experience or do something very very stupid,

What ever made you think this

I see "that look" in both eyes !!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It's psychological posturing from an isolationist nation...arbitrary titles are arbitrary.

That said...there is a reason for it. What is the reason?...And why is the reason allowing piss poor populace brainwashing, inadequate populace attention and suffering among the people of North Korea?

And why do they call South Korea 'Puppets'?

Not defending North Korea...but there is a reason they are freaking uptight...why not question instead of fear mongering...?

And if they have nuclear capability...then who the hell leaked it to them...a closed country?!?!?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Kim Jong-un named supreme commander of N. Korean military

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

North Korea's new leader, Kim Jong-un, has been appointed the supreme commander of North Korea's 1.1-million-strong military, the communist nation's media reported Saturday.

The decision, one of the clearest signs, at least outwardly, that Kim is rapidly solidifying power, came at a meeting of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party on Friday, according to Pyongyang's official news agency, KCNA, monitored in Seoul.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: fix title
Anyone else think this spoilt fat little wanker will be worse than his dad?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I sincerely hope the time he spent in Switzerland while attending school will have given him a 2nd look at "life".

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Let's hope so, I would hate for him to be like his father, or worse.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Actually i would disagree with you somewhat. His demeanor is one of self-assurance. He also is highly intelligent (he speaks four languages says it all really) For me, only have to look at his eyes to know, he will not be pushed around easily by the top brass of the northern Korean military!! He might look about 17 and be a chubby looking Northern Korean Kid, but just looking at him, I knew instantly he is well up to speed on what'' happening around him.,

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD

Actually i would disagree with you somewhat. His demeanor is one of self-assurance. He also is highly intelligent (he speaks four languages says it all really) For me, only have to look at his eyes to know, he will not be pushed around easily by the top brass of the northern Korean military!! He might look about 17 and be a chubby looking Northern Korean Kid, but just looking at him, I knew instantly he is well up to speed on what'' happening around him.,

!!!! Met him, have you? I get a different vibe off the man. He was chosen because of his resemblance to his grandfather. Hopefully he also has a brain. And isn't ronery.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm sure I read that he's a diabetic, so he does have some health issues.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think the new leader will tread carefully at first, but he could be a real terror after he gains some experience. I would like to hope he'll care about the welfare of his fellow countrymen and women, but I get the impression that's low on his list of priorities. Time will tell.

Originally posted by MemoryShock
And if they have nuclear capability...then who the hell leaked it to them...a closed country?!?!?
North Korea bribed Pakistan. Whether or not the document mentioned in this article is legit, the technology apparently came from Pakistan either way:
Pakistan’s nuclear-bomb maker says North Korea paid bribes for know-how

The document simply affects who and how many people were involved.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

!!!! Met him, have you? I get a different vibe off the man. He was chosen because of his resemblance to his grandfather. Hopefully he also has a brain. And isn't ronery.

He MUST have a functioning brain.

He went to college !

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

I have complete confidence that the NK leadership council has selected the right guy for the job.

Who else was in contention ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join