It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pursuit Of Happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

What does the pursuit of happiness mean to you?

Describe the happiness you are in pursuit of.

To me, the pursuit of happiness means you are willing and able to find happiness. The happiness I am in pursuit of is simple, it's coming aware of the lack of a hellhole.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

when the spiral swings back in its attempt to dance to harmony it will take you to ever higher planes where you will find a new hellhole shining in the light .

it’s the dance that counts not the hellholes.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My Pursuit.

The point of that happiness.... in my life time I'd like to experience real change, for the better of my children.
I will die a more content person, If i know I did everything in my power to make this world a better place, for my family, my kids and for all the beings of the earth.

The pursuit of a sustainable, balanced, harmonious world for all of humanity to share and cherish.

That's Just Me

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

to me, happiness means to be at peace with myself.

I have lost my happiness somewhere in my life, when I started to think that success would make you happy, but it didn't. Then I thought I would find happiness by studying more and more, which I did, and whilst I became more successful at work and my studies, I didn't find happiness again, until the day I realized, that in order to become happy again, I have to have my childhood dreams again. So I gave up everything I had, a huge house, sold everything I had, a very highly paid career, my family, and started all over again...

Now I am poor, in a foreign country, but living for my dreams, and I have found happiness again.

I know a lot of people judge me for the choices that I made, but that is that... I am living the life I dreamt of as a child, my childhood wishes are becoming true, one by one, and that is what is important to me. I lead a simple life, but I am close to nature, I am close to my god (which is nature), and I have no need for success or material things.

I had to walk a long and difficult path to make me realize what life is all about, and that is to live out the dreams of your childhood. Those carefree dreams, in which you believed everything is possible. Now I am old(ish), and nothing could bring me more joy than starting to life for my childhood dreams again.

For me that is happiness, living for your dreams, not caring what other people think about you, and the need to be measured by their rules......

edit on 30/12/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Happiness and suffering are two sides of the same coin. You are happy when things go the way you want them to; you suffer when they don't. If you have no wants, or can fulfill them without suffering, then you have reached nirvana. For the rest of us, expect to suffer, but seek strength in defiance of it.

True happiness comes from defeating suffering, not from chasing fleeting desires.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The pusuit of happiness will cause unhappiness. The search for happiness is the acceptance of unhappiness, i have to be unhhappy to be searching.
If you are content and at peace then happiness is not needed.
Happiness is a state, an experience that comes and goes just like all the other states and experiences they never last. All states come and go but each state must appear to something that is always present. I am always present prior to all states and that I is peaceful, calm and still.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

What are you doing in a foreign country if I may ask?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Living here, enjoying nature, living my dreams

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

like what exactly r u doing, what made u give up everything, what is ur dream, what are your goals

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

like what exactly r u doing, what made u give up everything, what is ur dream, what are your goals

I give assistance to a NPO helping supressed people from supressed countries, I study nature, and am close to nature. I have always dreamt of living in a land of ice and snow, dreamt about the midnight sun, polar lights, and now I am here.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

You have it backwards. There is no pursuit of happiness; happiness is a default state. The only pursuit is scraping the grime of social conditioning off of your core so that you may return to your default state.

top topics

join