It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mainstream Info supporting the growing earth theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Today I found this article: Nucleo de la tierra crece un milimetro por año from Jaime Urrutia Fucugauchi

*Sorry, I was unable to find an English version of this article. A partial translation (of the most relevant info) says:

The Earth's intern core, a solid sphere made from niquel and iron, located in the most deeper zone of the planet, GROWS ONE MILLIMETER each year, declared Jaime Urrutia Fucugauchi

The guy is a geophysics researcher from UNAM

1mm each year in a 1200km radius sphere is A LOT of mass.

Where does it come from? I think The Source Field hypothesis fix nicely.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hmmm Interesting Not heard this theory before possibly it is merging minerals from the mantle e.t.c.

I think I shall google this!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
translation:

The Earth's inner core, a solid sphere and viscous iron and nickel that is located in the deepest part of the world, grows about an inch each year, said Jaime Urrutia Fucugauchi.

The researcher of the Institute of Geophysics, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) explained that this part of the planet has a radius of one thousand 220 kilometers, but over time becomes larger, as shown by various methods to calculate their size and characteristics.

In a statement, geophysical engineer and doctor of paleomagnetism stated that the inner core liquid surrounding an area with a radius of two thousand 100 kilometers, comparable to an ocean with iron, but instead of water.

The inner core was discovered in 1936 by Inge Lehmann's Danish seismologist, while working on the revision of seismograms and noticed that the transmission speed of seismic waves that cross the Earth's interior had a slight variation.

Seismologist and calculated these variations and found that within the nucleus had a smaller, inner, both with different characteristics.

Urrutia explained that the way to explain is that when the waves enter the outer core, the velocity decreases, it is a low-velocity zone, "but then re-accelerate in the solid phase."

The outer core has a low viscosity, is fluid and has been compared to an ocean made of iron, the other, in contrast, is solid, research abounded in 2009 awarded the National Prize of Sciences and Arts.

The earth structure continues to the mantle, the middle layer and largest balloon that is 83 percent of the planet, between two thousand and two thousand 900 800 km thick, and where internal forces are generated, such as drift continents, the expansion of the oceans and the occurrence of earthquakes.

The outermost layer is the crust, with a thickness ranging from 30 to 40 km on the continents, and about 10 kilometers beneath the oceans. The top is composed of rocks of the type granites, and denser than other, as basalts and gabbros.

edit on 30-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I would also like to add that there are theories that the earth actually grows with every impact of meteorites....

answers.google.com...

www.expanding-earth.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

just to point out - the article addresses the expansion of the earths ` inner core ` - not the expansion of the earth

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
im not a firm beleiver in the growing earth theory but apparantly about 1000 tonnes of space dust and debris does fall to earth each year, wich would defo add to its mass a bit

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

One millimeter per year, that is 1,000,000 mm per Million years => 1 Km per Million years =>

4,600 million years of earth existence, but lets only count the last 3,000 million years, that is

3000 Km

Of course, there are tons of thinks to take into account, but I think that is a number big enough to make some impact in the rest of the planet.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
never mind
edit on 30/12/2011 by DaveNorris because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join