It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living on light?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hi, has anyone ever actually tried this? Supposedly you can obtain all your nourishment without the need for any ingestion. Just curious as to the results people got before I give it a go myself. I believe it is know as Breathanairianism.

Heres a link.
:-www.angelfire.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I highly doubt it!

So your supposing all light contains naturally occuring fats and vitamins? what about water how will you quench your thirst?

Sounds like another silly fad which people will be told how they can use this if you pay for the man to reveal his secrets.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Nutritional science indicates that fasting for extended periods leads to starvation, dehydration, and eventual death. Carbohydrates, fats, and proteins are the body's only observed sources of energy.[2][3][4] In the absence of calorie intake, the body normally burns its own reserves of glycogen, body fat, and muscle. Breatharians claim that their bodies do not consume these reserves while fasting.[5]

Few breatharians have submitted themselves to medical testing; of those that have, including a hospital's observation of an Indian mystic surviving without food or water for 15 days,[6] none have undergone peer review with results independently reproduced. In a handful of documented cases, individuals attempting breatharian fasting have died,[7][8] and among the claims investigated by the Indian Rationalist Association, all were found to be fraudulent" wiki

en.wikipedia.org...

I would ask anyone who believes in living off light to come please help fix the world of hunger issues .

No?
edit on Fri Dec 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I know a couple of "sun-eaters" and have looked into it a bit. There's something there (Vitamin D etc.) but it could be more placebo than any actual nourishment.

Girl I know had a really incredible and intriguing change in her eyes, but they're beautiful and so far she doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects.

Kinda freaky, kinda cool, but not for me.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HeavierThanLight

I have never tried to replace food with light.

However, getting some quality sunlight makes me feel good. I like to "stare" directly at the sun with my eyes closed.

At sunrise or sunset I sometimes do it with my eyes open.

Feels good man, but it has never left me feeling quenched or satiated.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Did you read the wiki page you posted? Especially the bit about the deaths that it has caused? I personally wouldnt try it at all , neither should you if you want to live a long and healthy life.Humans cannot live on fresh air alone its just not possible.When she was asked to have blood tests to prove her point about her dna starnds going from 2 to 12 to absorb more Hydrogen ,well..... see for yourself, her name is jasmusheen

She stated that her DNA has expanded from 2 to 12 strands, to "absorb more hydrogen". When offered $30,000 to prove her claim with a blood test, she said that she didn't understand the relevance.[20]

people also have been dying that have followed her "diet"

Few breatharians have submitted themselves to medical testing; of those that have, including a hospital's observation of an Indian mystic surviving without food or water for 15 days,[6] none have undergone peer review with results independently reproduced. In a handful of documented cases, individuals attempting breatharian fasting have died,[7][8] and among the claims investigated by the Indian Rationalist Association, all were found to be fraudulent.[9]

Please carefully read the wiki page you pasted, then maybe consult your doctor if you are still thinking of doing this

edit on 30-12-2011 by imnothereru because: made an oops

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am new to ATS so I will not bash you on what a crazy sounding idea this is...

If you think you can live on light alone, I would like to see you try to go to the middle of the desert for 5 days with no food or water...see how well you do...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think light is more complicated than anything we know. We have barely tapped into the full understanding of light. Who knows what light can actually do???

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

the only thing you will get from the sun
is vitamin d

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Unless you're a phototroph and can derive energy from the sun to synthesize sugars from carbon dioxide, then you most certainly will die if you try this Breatharianism B.S.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Unless you're a phototroph and can derive energy from the sun to synthesize sugars from carbon dioxide, then you most certainly will die if you try this Breatharianism B.S.

Light from the sun maybe. But light in general??? How does one know all the limitations of light...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

under the guise of what is in my opinion a massive internet-meme artificially generated sociological psy-op to generate terror in evolving humans (stay with me here) .. people who ascribe to the folklore-term for human biological transformation ( and thus evolution) .. called "morgellons syndrome" .. there is an individual in Los Angeles a Dr John Martin, who has analized the fibers these people report growing through their flesh... and put his findings through the proverbial gauntlet of peer reviewed studies ..

he has come to the conclusion that these fibers are a new method of mammalian photosynthesis .. labeling them ACE pigments.. (alternative cellular energy pigments) which react to far infrared and UV radiation and transform this radiant energy into storable, useable chemical energy within the human body.

'morgellons' sufferers report a variety of unique symptoms, the majority of which are completely in line with those reported by people experiencing what is esoterically addressed as "kundalini symptoms".. which is the activation of the endocrine glands leading to this transformation.

this in mind, i'm fairly certain that the scientific, medical community will eventually be forced to come to terms and describe in the literature, that 'sun eating' or living on light... has a very real and important, scientifically provable .. place in reality.

as for people who have NOT begun this biological transformation.. i think it is just well wishing.. vague, fuzzy hoping for divine or transscendental abilities WITHOUT the mechanism that supplies the results.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have read about reports of people being hypnotized while being set up to bio-feedback machines and told to fast a few hours beforehand.Those hypnotized were told that they were eating and drinking something. Certain tests were taken before and after suggestions and the tests indicated a surge in blood sugar and other nutrients. Don't know what type of verification or review was given to those reports, but I know that the power of the mind is something we still haven't touched the surface of.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Light from the sun maybe. But light in general??? How does one know all the limitations of light...

It's called Photosynthesis: en.wikipedia.org...

a chemical process that converts carbon dioxide into organic compounds, especially sugars, using the energy from sunlight.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
I have read about reports of people being hypnotized while being set up to bio-feedback machines and told to fast a few hours beforehand.Those hypnotized were told that they were eating and drinking something. Certain tests were taken before and after suggestions and the tests indicated a surge in blood sugar and other nutrients

Even the simple thought of food or eating can release a hormone that drives blood sugar down; however, if food is not consumed, blood sugar can drop too far causing a compensatory response that leads to a "spike" in blood sugar.

Edit to add: When you're fasting, and your insulin levels are low, you will have a surge in quite a few nutrients... mainly fat and ketones.

edit on 30-12-2011 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Vitamin D production is actually a bonding process and not a production process big difference. Your body is a fleshy bag of mostly water! Since we are around 80% water we are part of a hydrologic cycle. Even when we breathe our breath contains moisture at 100% humidity. So even if you could just “EAT AIR/LIGHT” so to speak you would still need to drink. Even if your body could convert light like a photosynthesis you would need to recover that water that is lost just like plants.

Your body can live a very long time without food (some studies point upward to 40 days) I think it is much higher and has allowed people to fool or be fooled into thinking they are living, when in fact they are surviving not thriving. Deprivation of nutrients is dangerous, since humans cannot produce photosynthesis or any other “active” form of nutrient production they cannot live on light or air. I for one have fasted for a few days and find nothing wrong with it, but more than that I know I am risking biological function problems (kidneys, liver, heart damage) and death!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Oh okay, so you must be the one that knows everything their is about the universe. My problem is that our recorded history has been around for like .0000000000000000000000000001% of the universe's lifespan. So how do we really know what is going on. What says that the laws of physics are permanent, whats stopping them from changing at any instant. How do we know all the limitations of light? Yes I know about photosynthesis, but is this the only way light can provide energy to organisms? So far it is all that we have seen, but I think anyone to be ignorant who says they know all about light and what it can or can't do. I beg to differ

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Breatharianism is a related concept, in which believers claim food and possibly water are not necessary, and that humans can be sustained solely by prana (the vital life force in Hinduism), or, according to some, by the energy in sunlight (according to Ayurveda, sunlight is one of the main sources of prana). The terms breatharianism or inedia may also refer to this philosophy practised as a lifestyle in place of the usual diet. The consensus of the scientific community is that "breatharianism" is potentially lethal pseudoscience, but some promote the practices of breatharianism as a skill which can be learned through specific techniques, which are generally revealed on payment of a substantial sum of money to the claimant.[1]

Few breatharians have submitted themselves to medical testing; of those that have, including a hospital's observation of an Indian mystic surviving without food or water for 15 days,[6] none have undergone peer review with results independently reproduced. In a handful of documented cases, individuals attempting breatharian fasting have died[7][8] and among the claims investigated by the Indian Rationalist Association, all were found to be fraudulent.[9]

Go ahead......BELIEEEEEVE

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

...because people starve if they don't eat. And even still, if we were able to produce certain nutrients from light in a process other than photosynthesis (which has to be observed or even postulated on regarding the biochemical pathways involved), there are still essential nutrients that MUST be acquired through the diet in order to sustain life in a human being.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by andersensrm

...because people starve if they don't eat. And even still, if we were able to produce certain nutrients from light in a process other than photosynthesis (which has to be observed or even postulated on regarding the biochemical pathways involved), there are still essential nutrients that MUST be acquired through the diet in order to sustain life in a human being.

True... according to the currently understood model of human physiology.
according to the next level of evolving human beings that you will see in this "new world" ... such things may be circumvented.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join