It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery foam engulfs seaside town in northwest England

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I've seen this foam before at a beach in the west of Ireland. It was occuring in one particular cove and not the rest of the beach.

I don't know the beach at Clevely but maybe the physical size/shape of the beach there was ideal for this foam to form and it's just a combination of this and other natural factors.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This is a symptom of the horrific winds british isles had been having.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Gayane Zokhrabov, 58, was knocked to the ground, her leg and wrist broken and her shoulder injured, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Serious, painful, expensive injuries. He was negligent, she should be compensated.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiddlyDeePotatoes
this is what happens when you put sh1t in the clouds.
2nd
3rd

NO CURSING....or pseudo txt type...I did the exact thing and greedeyed gustapo mod hit me -1000pts....so I thought I would share; especially since you are new - we some how stand out more than those grandfathered in.

Regarding this foam....it seems that if it has happened a few times before I think we would have heard of it before now, which I haven't and have friends across the pond. It seems plausible that it is a result of some type of transformation of plankton or algae but to the degree shown here is wild.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
When the mining begins Blackpool will fall into the sea and then Manchester can have some coastline!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This story made me think of one thing, a potential culprit-

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
At first it looks like snow, or an image(haven't been to one) of those foam night club parties.
Close look, it looks sticky and creepy, I'd be concerned if I started coming after me! So, can see why people may see it as something harmful.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think it's MotherNature trying to was the world clean! Pretty amazing how nature trys to take care of its own,

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
Mystery foam engulfs seaside town in northwest England

I'm sure the test will prove that this is a natural occuring event, but it's wild to look at the picture and see just how much of the foam there is.........Amazing

I see something similar to this at many dams

Mother Nature continually amazes me
edit on 30-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Treat yourself to the luxury of Herbal Essences foam bath.....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Ah,a little more sea scum then usual.
Just means that the seas are a little warmer whipping up those nasty little storms that feed off of those warmer oceans.
Here ,in the southeastern US,we get those from very polluted waters and hurricanes.

What do they call hurricanes when they hit the UK?

"Ooh, breezy out today, innit?"

Nah, they're still called hurricanes. But all are named Albert or Gertrude.

Not really.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Seen this before on fox news a reporter was standing along with it..... later it turned out to be sewage!

google sewage foam
edit on 31-12-2011 by wisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is a weird one all right, but if it is a product of seaweed then it's potentially very good for the skin no? Someone mentioned foam parties back in this thread and that sounds like a good idea to me

We don't have to be afraid of everything.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Oh,my bad.I put too much soap in the dishwater again lol.

I mean holy smokes.Where's it all coming from?The sky?Maybe I should read the article lol?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

It has been an unusually warm winter, at least here in the midlands. That could be the cause.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wisper

I wondered about sewage, wouldn't it smell of crap though?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
A bunch of kids didn't happen to pour a hundred odd boxes of washing powder over the sea wall did they?

Or perhaps a boat lost a container full of detergent?

I remember seeing foam a bit like this. Near where a friend used to live, there is a massive fountain and stream (some kind of monument). Kids poured loads of washing powder into and it went everywhere, even down the busy main roads causing traffic to be piled up for ages.

edit on 31-12-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sewage?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If it's from algae, I bet that stuff is really good for you in some way.

Just a hunch, bottle it up and sell it as a miracle cure.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

another words its not a naturally occuring event to your area? period.
Thats before someone goes on and says its a regular occurance like many others. It seems to me that many things seem to be described as regular occurances and the norm when really......it isnt.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join