It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia GOP Will Require Voters To Sign ‘Loyalty Oath’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Loyalty Oath to the Party?

Seig Heil GOP, Seig Heil.

So if you register to vote in the GOP primaries, you're swearing an oath to vote for the GOP nominee over the Democrat or Libertarian or Independent nominee in the general election.

This spits right in the face of the founding fathers.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You really think that is a possibility with Paul's foreign policy? We would take the leash off of Israel, and allow them to handle business like that, but it wouldn't be necessary because....... We would also ease the sanctions on Iran, open up diplomacy, and start trading the things they need (like gasoline) for their oil. They would not think to close the Straits, because the Straits would be shipping their oil to us in exchange for our gasoline and other wares.

Besides, a deadlock between the Prez and the Congress wouldn't affect our Middle East presence. When is the last time a president asked for Congress's permission to do anything anyway? Not Bush, and not Obama. They send our troops wherever in the hell they feel like, they only ask Congress for money afterwards, and they make it politically unpleasant to refuse to fund the money.

I see your example as completely implausible, and actually pretty much opposite of the expected outcome of Paul's foreign policies.

link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Sign an oath are they serious? This is coming from a bunch of politicians who swore an oath to the Constitution and prompted stomped it into the ground. Sure sign an oath to them then wipe your backside with it. They apparently believe the American people are more truthful and honorable than any of the politicians are capable of.

link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Destinyone

From the hate in all of your posts, I can only assume, if Ron Paul does win in2012. You'll just fall over in a massive stroke....chill out a little. Hate is bad for your health.

Oh no hate.
When RP loses you will see what hate really is.
If RP wins as hell freezes over, I would just sit back and enjoy the show as all of the sheep's hopes and dreams are flushed down the proverbial toilet one by one by a predictable do nothing President based on his do nothing lifelong record in Congress.

Has he been letting the hate build up over the years? You do know that this is his third time running for president right? We saw no hate the other times so why the hate now? And the remark about his record in congress just shows your ignorance about Ron Paul. Now go on back to FOX.

link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Loyalty Oath to the Party?

Seig Heil GOP, Seig Heil.

So if you register to vote in the GOP primaries, you're swearing an oath to vote for the GOP nominee over the Democrat or Libertarian or Independent nominee in the general election.

This spits right in the face of the founding fathers.

It's no different than registering as a Democrat or Republican.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Don't you realize?????

"Do nothing" is a vast IMPROVEMENT!!! Far superior to doing the WRONG thing!

So, if Paul is elected, and only accomplishes deadlock and in-fighting, then I'll consider that a WIN! I'll be happy with 4 years of vetoes and government accomplishing absolutely nothing. In fact, if someone ran on that campaign platform alone, I would vote for them.

We need a whole class of Representatives to say, "Send me to Washington, I promise to not do a damn thing, and stand in the way of anybody else trying to do anything." That would help the country tremendously!

Ya, as the price of gas hits ten dollars a gallon from Iran blockading the the Straits of Hormuz and blackmailing the world to get a trickle of oil out, you will be saying how you love a do nothing President. Just one example shows how ludicrous do nothing would be.

hmm i wonder how much Iranian oil comes to the united states?

how about Zero barrels a year. so it should have no effect on our economy at all. www.eia.gov... check the link it lists all oil imports by country of origin.
they arent "blocking" the straits they are having naval war games just like ALL other nations that have navys...

the US putting Warships in the middle of that is an act of war...

deny ignorance my friends.
edit on 30-12-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

What's the problem?

Does no one else see the big "...if Ron Paul is nominated" at the end? Come on, it's RIGHT THERE.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Sometimes the political leadership of both parties is just so tone deaf, if boggles the mind how they got to those positions in the first place. Yeah, this is just genius material here. Lets look at the anger and rage of the voters, largely based around the leadership telling us what to do, how to do it and what to think while doing it in almost every area of life today.

They get that part...I think. However, what is their solution? Oh, lets DEMAND a Loyalty Oath that reeks of Tyranny seen several times over the 20th Century. yeah.. Lets FEED that anger and borderline hatred for Republican and Democrats by doing more of the very thing that has everyone mad enough to spit nails to begin with.

Democrats lost the right for my support LONG ago...and for varied reasons. Republicans have also lost it. This indicent isn't why. Losing my vote along party lines happened long before this...but THIS demonstrates better than anything WHY I turned my back on the Republican Party. They just can't help but keep working to become a larger part of the problem...and not a solution in sight.

Go Paul!
edit on 30-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What a way to say we don't care about independants!

What a way to polarize the country further!

Sign an oath to the republican party?

I wouldn't sign an oath to ANY political party - and at what point do these idiots start to see what they are doing is DANGEROUS to their country?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

Don't you realize?????

"Do nothing" is a vast IMPROVEMENT!!! Far superior to doing the WRONG thing!

So, if Paul is elected, and only accomplishes deadlock and in-fighting, then I'll consider that a WIN! I'll be happy with 4 years of vetoes and government accomplishing absolutely nothing. In fact, if someone ran on that campaign platform alone, I would vote for them.

We need a whole class of Representatives to say, "Send me to Washington, I promise to not do a damn thing, and stand in the way of anybody else trying to do anything." That would help the country tremendously!

Ya, as the price of gas hits ten dollars a gallon from Iran blockading the the Straits of Hormuz and blackmailing the world to get a trickle of oil out, you will be saying how you love a do nothing President. Just one example shows how ludicrous do nothing would be.

hmm i wonder how much Iranian oil comes to the united states?

how about Zero barrels a year. so it should have no effect on our economy at all. www.eia.gov... check the link it lists all oil imports by country of origin.
they arent "blocking" the straits they are having naval war games just like ALL other nations that have navys...

the US putting Warships in the middle of that is an act of war...

deny ignorance my friends.
edit on 30-12-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

Wow are all Paul supporters this ignorant? No wonder his kooky ideas pass unchallenged among his ranks of supporters.
The Straits are where a significant percentage of the worlds oil traffics through on tankers. Iran would blockade that in a heartbeat if RP were President then proceed to blackmail the world to let any oil through.

This represents 35% of the world's seaborne oil shipments, and 20 percent of oil traded worldwide in 2011

Source

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Why would making Ron Paul president result in what you say? You haven't offered any reasoning, just a bold statement out of nowhere. Why would Iran blockade the strait?

They have threatened to do so if we impose more sanctions, but Ron Paul is proposing LESS sanctions! They might need to hold the world hostage if they can't sell their own oil, but Ron Paul is wanting to allow them to sell their oil.

So, how does your claim make any sense?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

What a fascist way of implementing democracy. Such an irony. You are free to vote, but in order to do so, you must sign this arbitrary pledge. There's a good little sheeple. Unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Why would making Ron Paul president result in what you say? You haven't offered any reasoning, just a bold statement out of nowhere. Why would Iran blockade the strait?

They have threatened to do so if we impose more sanctions, but Ron Paul is proposing LESS sanctions! They might need to hold the world hostage if they can't sell their own oil, but Ron Paul is wanting to allow them to sell their oil.

So, how does your claim make any sense?

Because they want a lot more than to just sell their oil.
Their wish list includes, nuclear weapons, control of Iraq, yeman, UAE, modern weapons, missile technology, the end of Israel (oops so does Ron Paul, but he'd give up that bargaining chip right away too) their wishlist for blackmail will be never ending.
edit on 30-12-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Newt Gingrich needs to sign the loyalty oath in case Ron Paul wins.

Gingrich wouldn't vote for Paul

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

OK, now I know you are just trolling. Thanks for that.

Ron Paul is a staunch supporter of Israel. His faith makes him so. His foreign policy toward Israel is about the same as Netanyahu's. So does Netanyahu also want to see the destruction of Israel?

If you don't know his policies, just say so. We'd be happy to educate you. If you just want to state falsehoods as facts and then attack those "facts" then this discussion is pointless?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

OK, now I know you are just trolling. Thanks for that.

Ron Paul is a staunch supporter of Israel. His faith makes him so. His foreign policy toward Israel is about the same as Netanyahu's. So does Netanyahu also want to see the destruction of Israel?

If you don't know his policies, just say so. We'd be happy to educate you. If you just want to state falsehoods as facts and then attack those "facts" then this discussion is pointless?

The first thing Ron Paul would do is pull the plug on Israel by taking away all money and aid we give to them. In doing so we will end all influence we have over Israel, thus losing our bargaining chip to influence the actions of Israel in the region, to for instance persuade them not to act millitarily against Iran. All hell will break loose over there with a Ron Paul Presidency. The head in the sand Paulites won't care until their gas is ten dollars a gallon and they can't afford a loaf of bread even if they could drive to their local Walmart.

Ron Paul, the Apocolyptic President in waiting.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It's actually MUCH different.

For many states you have to register as a Republican 3 months prior to voting in any primaries.

For Democrats, you can register and vote the same day. And the Democrats won't make you swear an unconstitutional oath.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Funny that former members of the CIA and terrorism experts disagree with you:Iowa’s Choice: Ron Paul or U.S. Bankruptcy, More Wars, and Many More Dead Soldiers and Marines (by Michael Scheuer)

The entire article would be very worth your time. Regarding Michael Scheuer:

Scheuer was born in Buffalo and graduated from Canisius College in 1974, and went on to earn an M.A. from Niagara University in 1976 and another M.A. from Carleton University in 1982. He also received a Ph.D. in British Empire-U.S.-Canada-U.K. relations from the University of Manitoba in 1986.

Scheuer served in the CIA for 22 years before resigning in 2004. He was chief of the Osama bin Laden unit at the Counterterrorist Center from 1996 to 1999. He worked as Special Adviser to the Chief of the bin Laden Unit from September 2001 to November 2004. He is now known to have been the anonymous author of both the 2004 book Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror and the earlier anonymous work, Through Our Enemies' Eyes: Osama bin Laden, Radical Islam, and the Future of America

Perhaps the reason that Paul gets more support from the military than all of the other republicans combined AS WELL as more money from federal workers (video below) whose jobs will be under the budgetary ax if he's elected (!!) than all other republicans is because THEY are the people who actually understand what's going on well enough to know the true score, as it's their direct business:

You missed one thing about Paul and Israel's foreign aid: he would also cut foreign aid to all of Israel's ENEMIES we fund, as well.

And yes, Paul respects Israel's right to take steps it feels are necessary for its own security. No more letting them be our dog on a leash, nor their big brother saving them from their own messes (maybe they'd stop making them?). As far as Iran and a nuke, please stop trotting out that tired old dog. IF they even want one, it's likely only because we seem to respect people who have them - and bully those who don't.

And wanting to destroy Israel and the US? Well, first off - prove it. Secondly, let's consider why they might want to...perhaps because we helped wreck their country and put extremists and abusers in power there, starting in '53? Thirdly, Mahmoud is little more than a puppet as the supreme council rules Iran; they dislike the Israeli REGIME that's in power, not jews (you DO know Iran has the largest jewish population of any muslim country, yes?), and their constitution is actually pretty liberal in a few regards:

"The foreign policy of the Islamic Republic of Iran is based upon the rejection of all forms of domination, both the exertion of it and submission to it, the preservation of the independence of the country in all respects and its territorial integrity, the defence of the rights of all Muslims, non-alignment with respect to the hegemonist superpowers, and the maintenance of mutually peaceful relations with all non-belligerent States..."

...scrupulously refraining from all forms of interference in the internal affairs of other nations..."

We really need to grow up about all this already, TP.

EDIT:
Oh, and since we're getting in with the Israel love fest, there's plenty of good information on the record about Israel carrying out (some of) the most extensive and aggressive spying operations against the US, only behind RUSSIA AND CHINA. The article links to a few sources, but I like this from the Washington Post:

The CIA took an internal poll not long ago about friendly foreign intelligence agencies.

The question, mostly directed to employees of the clandestine service branch, was: Which are the best allies among friendly spy services, in terms of liaison with the CIA, and which are the worst? In other words, who acts like, well, friends?

“Israel came in dead last,” a recently retired CIA official told me the other day.

Not only that, he added, throwing up his hands and rising from his chair, “the Israelis are number three, with China number one and Russia number two,” in terms of how aggressive they are in their operations on U.S. soil.

Israel’s undercover operations here, including missions to steal U.S. secrets, are hardly a secret at the FBI, CIA and other U.S. intelligence agencies. From time to time, in fact, the FBI has called Israeli officials on the carpet to complain about a particularly brazen effort to collect classified or other sensitive information, in particular U.S. technical and industrial secrets.

While I have nothing against jews - I am not particularly impressed with Israel itself.
edit on 12/30/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Ron Paul, the Apocolyptic President in waiting

Could be. Not denying that whatsoever. Could be that is the case no matter what name goes on the desk. He is just a man. He won't save the world, and he won't end it. He has some ideas, and with some support, and some luck, and some cooperation from abroad, maybe some of the ideas could work.

Obama is also the sitting Apocalyptic President. He has expanded our wars into Libya, Syria, and Iran, and he won a Nobel Peace Prize for it. All of the other GOP candidates are saber rattling about how eager they are to rush into a war in the Middle East, and Mexico for that matter.

I'm not gonna tell you Ron Paul can prevent the Apocalypse. He isn't Jesus, nor Muhammed, nor Buddha, nor Vishnu. The apocalypse is likely coming regardless. I just plan to have a clean conscience when it gets here, and I won't have that if I vote for any of the other warmongers on the GOP stage.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This isn't a new strategy in Virginia aimed just at Paul.

First of all, we don't have to register as Republican or Democrat in Virginia and anyone can vote in the primaries.

In 2000 those voting in the Republican primary had to sign a pledge that they wouldn't participate in anyone else's nomination process. At the time the claim was that national GOP rules required loyalty oaths in states that did not have party registration.

In 2004 Bush was running alone so it didn't matter. In 2008 it was assumed Dems would vote in their own primary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join