It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault weapons ban set to expire this coming week

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
yay. I see 15 and 20 rounder's in my future with out havingto pay some stupid high price. This law should have never been put into effect all it has done is make us pay more to buy the pre-ban stuff that u can still find everyday. Now if sig arms would just make the civilian version of the 550 for a reasonable price I would be very happy.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cherokee
yay. I see 15 and 20 rounder's in my future with out havingto pay some stupid high price. This law should have never been put into effect all it has done is make us pay more to buy the pre-ban stuff that u can still find everyday. Now if sig arms would just make the civilian version of the 550 for a reasonable price I would be very happy.

I'm glad it's ending because, the assault weapons like you said can still be found, but they're not "a dime a dozen."

Bought a Uzi 9mm SMG, a banned rifle, 15 years ago for $200! You just can't beat them prices.

Republicans and the NRA, go hand in hand.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

That's not a given. No one has ever banned more firearms with a single signature than GHW Bush. Guiliani is rabidly anti-Second Amendment. It pays to study your politicians. The NRA keeps tabs on who's naughty and nice. You should sign up.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Intelearthling

That's not a given. No one has ever banned more firearms with a single signature than GHW Bush. Guiliani is rabidly anti-Second Amendment. It pays to study your politicians. The NRA keeps tabs on who's naughty and nice. You should sign up.

Thanks for the information. I've never signed up and never knew that our president's father had done what he'd done.

My brother is an NRA member and I just never thought about signing up. I didn't feel like I needed to. I will look in to that.

Thanks again.

P.S. I do need to remember that not all Republicans aren't conservative and all Democrats aren't liberal. One Democrat that comes to mind is Sam Nunn, D-Georgia. He was, from what I remember, a conservative Democrat.

[edit on 12/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i think more people are going to die because of this now. if some psycho went out to kill people and he could only get a shotgun or a bold action rifle then he could kill a few people, but now that same psycho is holding an automatic rifle and sprays into an audience or a school and instead of a few people killed its a few dozen people killed. its only a matter of time before it happens and i dont think having fun with your automatic toys is really worth those extra lives that will eventually be lost.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kakarox
i think more people are going to die because of this now. if some psycho went out to kill people and he could only get a shotgun or a bold action rifle then he could kill a few people, but now that same psycho is holding an automatic rifle and sprays into an audience or a school and instead of a few people killed its a few dozen people killed. its only a matter of time before it happens and i dont think having fun with your automatic toys is really worth those extra lives that will eventually be lost.

If we could deal with psychos in the first place, the way psychos should be dealt with, then there would be less psychos to deal with.

The reason that I'm for the expiration of this ban is the positive side that's going result from it. I, for one, believe that more crime will be less likely, given the fact that if everyone was allowed to carry these weapons. Reason being, the psychopaths and will have knowledge of our armed society and have second thoughts of commiting such heinous crimes.

I'm all for an armed society, especially in these days and times.

[edit on 12/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kakarox
but now that same psycho is holding an automatic rifle and sprays into an audience or a school and instead of a few people killed its a few dozen people killed.

Wake up and join the real world. My fingers are killing me, but I'm going to explain this once more for you. The Assault Weapons Ban had nothing to do with automatic weapons. Those were heavily regulated by the Gun Control Act of 1934.

Weapons that function identically to the banned weapons have been available all these years. The only banned weapons were the ones with certain features unrelated to function and in many cases those features were removed and the weapons with altered appearance continued to sell.

High capacity magazines will be available again or until someone writes another bill, scares the heck out the ill informed public and it is signed into law.

[edit on 04/9/12 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join