It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Sanctions Against Iran Are an ‘Act of War’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
ABC News Source

Ron Paul wants to cede the International waters of the Straits of Hormuz to Iran so that Iran can sanction the world at will.

“If the Straits of Hormuz close, this whole financial thing could come down on our head. What would happen if oil doubled in price within a month or two?” Paul asked a crowd in Atlantic, Iowa.

Yeah Paul, lets show them what works. Everytime they want something guess what they will threaten. More critical thinking.

This part made me laugh,

“I think the solution is to do a lot less a lot sooner, and mind our own business, and we wouldn’t have this threat of another war,” Paul said.

Paul made the comments to a crowd of 100 people in Perry, Iowa, the first stop on his two-day campaign swing through the western part of the state

He tells a, eh hmmm, crowd of 100, huh? look at that pitiful turnout. It's a good thing reporters were on hand to record this yellow belly talk for posterity.

Then there is this gem,

But it wasn’t all bad news for Paul, who was greeted at his last campaign stop in Council Bluffs, Iowa by about 750 supporters who gave the congressman a boisterous welcome.

“I’m so disappointed,” Paul said smiling adding “I was told that I was coming to meet with a lot of undecideds.”

So he starts off his swing tour of the State to a crowd of 100, and ends it to a crowd of 750 rabid Paul supporters. He is just leading the choir to his own orchestra, preaching to the devoted worshippers and he acknowledges that. The turnout doesn't look good for Paul.

He is making a supporting case for all of the attacks Santorum is starting to put out against him, not too brilliant to start showing off his spineless foreign policy at this hour.
edit on 30-12-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It seems to me that my nation has spent the vast majority of time since 1945 in the determined pursuit of World power and frankly, domination. Perhaps Ron Paul is naive in some ways... Certainly no more so than a Community Organizer who WAS elected while saying he'd sit down and negotiate President to President right out the gate with Iran and North Korea. Naive isn't something Paul has a corner on the market for and it's been a hallmark for a couple Presidents in living memory.

Considering the mess our world policies have led to in the here and now, I'm more than happy to see Paul give his approach a try. Paul is ALSO advocating a military capable of leaving our borderrs and stomping the stuffing out of an enemy, if we're PUSHED to that in the future. He's simply sick of seeing America jump in and CREATE such conflicts which likely never had to happen in the first place. I think the man has a very good point.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join