It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL BACON DAY!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That's right.. as if I needed a specific day to enjoy the culinary cholesterol forming slice of life we all love! (well most everyone)..

(yes.. I know that the wiki here says September, or 19th of February, see below a few posts)

International Bacon Day or Bacon Day is an unofficial observance, often celebrated on the Saturday before US Labor Day (the first Monday of September). Some cultures, however, celebrate on 19th of February, while others celebrate the day on the first Saturday in January after the new year.

Bacon day celebrations typically include social gatherings during which participants create and consume dishes containing bacon, including bacon-themed breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, and drinks. Bacon Day gatherings may also include the consumption of soy bacon or turkey bacon.

Bacon Day was conceived in 2004 by a group of CU Boulder (Colorado) graduate students. Bacon Day in Manchester UK is celebrated by several students on the 14th January, prior to January examinations as a distraction from revision. Bucknell students are also known for their bacon day celebrations, calling themselves "Meatheads", and gorging on as much bacon as possible. (source is Wikipedia)

Some people love Bacon so much, that they'd rather leave their home, than give up Bacon.

HAPPY BACON DAY FOLKS

See below for further information as to why Some are celebrating it today DECEMBER 30th
edit on 12/30/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So BaconDay is on:

-the Saturday before US Labor Day (the first Monday of September).
-19th of February
-the day on the first Saturday in January after the new year
or
-14th January (if you're from Manchester)

Today is the 30th of December...........]

What the h#ll, happy bacon day!!!!

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
So BaconDay is on:

-the Saturday before US Labor Day (the first Monday of September).
-19th of February
-the day on the first Saturday in January after the new year
or
-14th January (if you're from Manchester)

Today is the 30th of December...........]

What the h#ll, happy bacon day!!!!

Peace

Who cares. Any day is a good day to eat bacon.

We should have International Bacon Day every day of the year IMHO.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yay!!!

We can celebrate with a cake!

But only if it has Bacon Frosting!!

OiO

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Better late than never. I only eat turkey bacon now
eh... you get used to it. Happy B-day

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Further explanation about International Bacon Day (and the continued Confusion)

OK.. I can understand some of the confusion on dates.. According to different cultures and Countries, apparently International Bacon Day is celebrated on a number of Days (Because EVERYDAY 'could be' Bacon Day)

From a different WIKI: "International Bacon Day or Bacon Day is an unofficial observance, often celebrated on the Saturday before US Labor Day (the first Monday of September). Some cultures, however, celebrate on December 30th, while others celebrate the day on the first Saturday in January after the new year." Source

Today is a day of great celebration: International Bacon Day

December 30: National Bicarbonate of Soda Day, International Bacon Day

What it looks like is.. That since it is an unOfficial day of Bacon, that pretty much depending on your location, you can celebrate Bacon Day anytime..

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
What it looks like is.. That since it is an unOfficial day of Bacon, that pretty much depending on your location, you can celebrate Bacon Day anytime..

YAYY!!!

Happy bacon day everybody!!!

Peace

PS: Don't forget the rules!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Mmmh, what do I smell, bacon? ... BACON!? "The tasty smell of this food from heaven suddenly give me wings".
Slowly but surely, I fly in the sky to the fantastic gift pork offered me.

On a more serious note, I did not know there was an actual International day of bacon. I am happy to know this because bacon is one of a tasty thing I like to eat, especially in a BLT.

Tasty find,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I got to share this with everyone (Besides.. somewhere in the world.. today is International Bacon Day, lol).

I was at a Chinese Restaurant last year. One of the appetizers they had was Bacon wrapped Shrimp. Well I love shrimp, and I love Bacon, is it possible that putting these two together could create a culinary delight??? The simple answer is Oh My Goodness YES!!!

Holy Porky Crustaceans Batman! The taste sensations are too incredible to describe. If you ever get the chance to sample this orgasmic taste treat, please do so. It's a fantastic flavor fantasy that has to be experienced at least once in your lifetime. You'll learn how I am now powerless when approached by this weapon of appetizing food. I have been able to duplicate it in my kitchen, but never to the degree or quality of the Restaurant, but still pretty darn fantastic.

But this is the day to celebrate the thinly sliced pork... Soooo;

Maybe you'd like some Vodka with your Bacon.. Or maybe you'd like them combined..

Does your Lover love Flowers and Bacon?

OUCH.. Did you hurt yourself getting to your bacon?

Many other uses of BACON here...!

Boy I can almost smell it now.....

Johnny
edit on 12/30/2011 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Hey...what gives??

They didn't list my favorite snack for this season...

Tastes like actual bacon!!

Peace
edit on 30-12-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BACONHAWK

I only eat turkey bacon now as well. It tastes way better than pig bacon and less fatty.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

theres an international bacon day! why did nobody tell me, i love bacon, i think 50% of my xmas dinner was bacon this year...... oh man

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I really don't think an International Day has to be set aside for Bacon to be loved.

Everyday is Bacon day in my household. We love it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Happy Bacon Day everyone.

t is the most revered, the most loved, the most desired and most delicious of all the meats

In honor of this smoked gift from heaven, we have painstakingly compiled everything bacon into this Compendium of Cured Meat, this Handbook of Hog, this Pandect of Porkbellies. It doesn’t matter how you slice it, thick or thin. This is the one, the only, the absolute, Baconcyclopedia: The Ultimate Bacon Reference of Baconic Proportions.

Baconcyclopedia

Enjoy.

Long live and "Hail" the Bacon!

top topics

join