It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hey everyone, whos your favorite team and your pick to win the series. My fav team is the cubs, i pick them to win the series every year but in reality im hopin Kansas city just to mess things up.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i haven't kept up with baseball much, i'm a player not a watcher, and i know atlanta prolly sucks. but it's the family team so that's what i go with.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
the cubs and the red sox in the series. it doesn't matter who wins because it will be the end of the world.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Favorite team and pick to win the World Series: The Phillies !!

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i gotta pick the hometown cubs as well, although this year we actually have a decent chance as opposed to years past

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
No Cubs... South Side!!!

CHICAGO WHITE SOX!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
At least you guys have teams. Living near Detroit, you follow the Tigers and boy do they stink up the place. Even with new management, bringing the World Champ 84 Tigers to fill in the coaching roles, they still can't seem to make it work.....I think they finally won a game and are a ripe 1-10.......yahoo..

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
haha yeah the only team they could beat was the white sox

but bandit, on a serious note, i root for a cubs-white sox world series every year. that would be great for the city

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hey Illguy fix that avatar its taking half the fuc**** screen.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerProne
Even with new management, bringing the World Champ 84 Tigers to fill in the coaching roles, they still can't seem to make it work.....

Maybe the '84 Tigers should put the uniforms back on, couldn't do much worse.

A Cubs - White Sox Series would be interesting, ever happen before? Probably not, since neither have won since the early 1900's (1917 I think?
)

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The only Windy city world series was in 1906... The Sox won that one...

www.baseballreference.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is the Mets year

Cubs will never win the Series. They're the NL version of the Red Sox.

[Edited on 4-13-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
sorry guys, i can't seem to get this avatar thing down right. i'll try again

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Illguy, they have all kinds of logos at www.thesle.com... , I'm sure you could find a smaller Cubs avatar there.

By the way Illguy, congrats on winning the NCAA pool, I thought K_OS was going to make a nice avatar for the winner, but I think he went on vacation. Must be nice.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
thanks PA, i couldn't find any logos small enough on that site, but i found one elsewhere that is smaller than the one i had. and i wonder why it was so messed up.. it was smaller then the allowed pixels according to Bob88, 160x320. it was only 150x150. oh well if this one's messed up then i quit cause it's 100x101 pixels

haha i won that NCAA pool? i stopped payin attention cause i figured i had no chance. that's pretty funny. i won 100 bucks in another pool too. when K_OS comes back i'll have to see about that avatar

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Chicago Police spokeswoman Officer Alice Casanova said the man, whom she did not identify, was taken to St. Anthony's Hospital in Chicago for treatment of minor injuries, but the hospital would not confirm that.

"I don't believe that really reflects who we are as Chicago people," said White Sox manager Jerry Manuel. "Something has to be done to really put a stop before it becomes somewhat unsafe."

"As a major league baseball player, you shouldn't have to worry about your health on the baseball field from the fans," Kansas City first baseman Mike Sweeney said. "When they come on the field to do harm, that's when it gets scary."

Story Link

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The Kansas City Royals will not play Wednesday night's game against the Chicago White Sox unless security at the stadium is improved, general manager Allard Baird said.

Just seven months after Kansas City coach Tom Gamboa was assaulted by a father and son who'd run on the same field, another fan at the Chicago White Sox's home park shockingly attacked first base umpire Laz Diaz on Tuesday night.

Story here

This is ridiculous that people are this out of control. Why should you need beefed-up security at a baseball game? It's a damn shame that a few idiots are going to ruin things for others, next thing you know there will be a big fence between the field and the fans. I hope they give him an extra stiff penalty and make an example out of him. If I remember right, the father and son that did this last season got a slap on the wrist.

[Edited on 16-4-2003 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
toronto blue jays going back to our 1993 1992 world series winning years

new topics

join