It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

120 Degree Arcs Found at Centre of Earths Continents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thank you Titan Xsull
Next is Turtle Mountain in North Dakota,apparantly just a natural plateau and not a lot else.In fact so far it's the one least obviously a 120 deg arc.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There's always been a debate about exactly how one goes about finding the "center" of any irregularly shaped land mass. That's why there are about 50 towns in the U.S. called "Centerville."

As for the bit about blonds, I think we all know that blond people are superior in pretty much every way to everybody else, except possibly in reproducing. And maybe getting sunburned. They are directly descended from blond aliens, and are super cool.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
They are left overs from a previous baseball league of primitive giants who flew in by vimana to play......

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sorry but despite staring at a map of central Africa for the last hour,I really can't see this alleged arc

Originally posted by Blue Shift
There's always been a debate about exactly how one goes about finding the "center" of any irregularly shaped land mass. That's why there are about 50 towns in the U.S. called "Centerville."

At school we used those plastic draw round shapes of countries.Drilled a couple of holes near the edge roughly 90 degrees apart and hung the shape from that hole with a nail through it and a pendulum also hanging down from the nail.Mark a line where the string attached to the pendulum goes through the shape,repeat this with the other hole and where the lines cross is the exact centre
edit on 30-12-2011 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

I've been to central Australia many times I have climbed both Uluru (Ayres Rock) and the Olga's
I have'nt seen any Arcs or other manmade earthworks. The only manmade things you'll find here
are stonetools and cave paintings. Which in its own way is kind of puzzling, but that is another
story

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
I hate advertisement... show me the facts or delete the thread...

A thread DISCUSSION is meant to bring out facts from many people searching and contributing. Starting the thread with bare facts can still lead to many interesting things and eventually the truth.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx

Originally posted by WillNiendick
reply to post by DaRAGE

Maybe they are from a previous civilization, and were intended to be a safe haven from floods? Highest point on all 5 continents, with populations similar living on them. Sounds like a safe haven.

Built by who though? 50 Miles is a lot of Earth..

Don't know about the others,but Ayers rock (or Uluru in Aboriginal) used to be part of the sea bed that covered that part of Australia and is all that's left of the original mountain when the rest of it was eroded away by the wind.It's made of sandstone,so probably won't last forever.

Maybe so but i guess it really is pretty much at the center of the continent.

I had a dream years ago, I was running and afraid and I found a cave that took me to the center Ayers rock...a place I had no reason to think or dream about, inside it was hollow and i found something so important it was mind boggling (what i could not remember when i woke up)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Is there a reason why there only on 4 of the 7 continents?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Dont know if there is a reason or if it was real at all.
Thank you everyone for your fantastic posts.
Dont know how an ark and an 120 degree arc got somehow entwined

Obviously from the posts provided, this video has been debunked. Cheers. One less thing to ponder.
edit on 30-12-2011 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

This is very interesting. I hope somebody can verify it and give it a purpose. I suspect the Celts because they were crazy about mounds and they were frequently blonde.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by DaRAGE

This is very interesting. I hope somebody can verify it and give it a purpose. I suspect the Celts because they were crazy about mounds and they were frequently blonde.

Not sure you realise just how big those "mounds" are, there entire mountain ranges,

So that kind of totally rules out man made,

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

i like this idea arc and all

edit on 31/12/2011 by maryhinge because: star and flag

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by DaRAGE

As they couldn't even get back past that TINY little wall built by the emperor Hadrian,I seriously doubt it

Had another look at the Central African Republic this morning with fresh eyes,and still couldn't make out anything that even remotely resembles an arc.

It's amazing what rubbish some people will write just to to sell books,that Eric Von Daniken on the other hand seems to be a genuine kinda guy

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

It rules out modern man-made, but I'm one of those who believes that mankind was superbly scientifically advanced during some past eras.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

How do you handle this website then with all the ads and pop ups and roll overs on it. Do you hate that too?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Not really sure about all of that without the actual evidence. Videos are entertaining, but straightforward research is best when discussing things like this.

Also, the videographer makes a bit of a language leap from arc to Ark.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bemorphy
reply to post by Shdak

How do you handle this website then with all the ads and pop ups and roll overs on it. Do you hate that too?

If it means membership stays free,then yes I can put up with them

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

As for the bit about blonds, I think we all know that blond people are superior in pretty much every way to everybody else, except possibly in reproducing. And maybe getting sunburned. They are directly descended from blond aliens, and are super cool.

Hahah...made me laugh....
2nd...to OP...Ya with an advertisement in the end I don't believe much haha.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here, in Florida, we have thousands of circular ponds and lakes. They are formed naturally, from sink holes. The limestone below ground weathers away, a cave forms. They are normally filled with water. Nowadays, they frequently form when growers pump too much water out of the ground, the top caves in, forming a sink hole that fills with water and becomes a pond or lake. These arcs remind me of great meteor strike areas. I can imagine a meteor blows out a 50 mile wide hole that over time rises above the general landmass. It would seem to be possible that sandstone could be part of the formation if the crater filled with sand to a great depth, and then over a great period of time rose. I think the answer would like in looking for shocked quartz and glass spherules on the other side of the arc (not within the radius). Even the state of Michigan looks somewhat like it could have been the center of a meteorite impact. Look at the lakes surrounding it and you can see what looks like an angular meteor strike where the lakes carve out an arc around Michigan.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea
Here, in Florida, we have thousands of circular ponds and lakes. They are formed naturally, from sink holes. The limestone below ground weathers away, a cave forms. They are normally filled with water. Nowadays, they frequently form when growers pump too much water out of the ground, the top caves in, forming a sink hole that fills with water and becomes a pond or lake. These arcs remind me of great meteor strike areas. I can imagine a meteor blows out a 50 mile wide hole that over time rises above the general landmass. It would seem to be possible that sandstone could be part of the formation if the crater filled with sand to a great depth, and then over a great period of time rose. I think the answer would like in looking for shocked quartz and glass spherules on the other side of the arc (not within the radius). Even the state of Michigan looks somewhat like it could have been the center of a meteorite impact. Look at the lakes surrounding it and you can see what looks like an angular meteor strike where the lakes carve out an arc around Michigan.

Isostacy is the Earth's crust attempting to equalize. If there is the absence of a large amount of land from a meteor crater (perhaps miles deep), then the Earth below the crater will uplift to achieve equilibrium, and in that process it won't stop when it is even with the general topography, it will rise above that as the momentum will keep it rising for a distance, resulting in that higher plateau. The uplift, then, is from the earth below.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join