It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to fire long-range missiles during drill -news agency

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

You're more than welcome to look through his post history.

I have already showed how he would "like" Russia to give Syria weapons capable of destroying American and Israeli fighter jets.
edit on 12-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

You're more than welcome to look through his post history.

I have already showed how he would "like" Russia to give Syria weapons capable of destroying American and Israeli fighter jets.

Ok, I get where you are coming from, but, the US is selling arms to Saudi Arabia.
From the above source:

the United States and Saudi Arabia signed a letter of offer and acceptance for the sale of up to 84 advanced F-15SA fighter aircraft. It also includes upgrades to its current fleet of 70 F-15 aircraft, as well as munitions, spare parts, training, maintenance, and logistics.

So to get to my point, the US doesn't like Iran because they may be getting nuclear arms ( even though secretary of defense said they aren't ) but it is ok to arm the country where the majority of the 9/11 hijackers came from? Nevermind that Saudi Arabia appear to be the most important source of funding for terrorist organizations.

Plus, you know. There is no reason to go into Iran.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

No I get what you're saying. I'm not pro war, I think the whole situation is bull#. But to have an American constantly talking about how our lives will be lost, or that we'll get "destroyed" and that the other country's weapons are "unstoppable" (quoted from another post of his about Russian torpedoes) pisses me off to no end.

By all means, talk # about the government, but don't wish death upon those unfortunate enough to be forced to do the dirty work that they would have never expected to happen, ya know?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

It's obvious that on the grand scale of things, this is no danger whatsoever for the U.S. naval presence.

I wonder if they will Photoshop the missile launch like they did last time? You can fire off a lot more missiles at one time with that method.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

No I get what you're saying. I'm not pro war, I think the whole situation is bull#. But to have an American constantly talking about how our lives will be lost, or that we'll get "destroyed" and that the other country's weapons are "unstoppable" (quoted from another post of his about Russian torpedoes) pisses me off to no end.

By all means, talk # about the government, but don't wish death upon those unfortunate enough to be forced to do the dirty work that they would have never expected to happen, ya know?

Yes I do. I just worry that if Russia knew about the "secret" enrichment facility, and Russia and China are more "in bed" with Iran than they let on, it will be quite a war with lots of casualties on both sides. I don't want either. Plus, I know that the US spends a HUGE amount of money on their defense, but, that doesn't necessarily mean that they have the right weapon for the right time. You have to know that they cannot plan for all contingencies. If the US does get involved in a war in Iran, it won't be conventional warfare, it will be Afghanistan all over again, with moms and dads dying over there, because their government's were too stupid to avert this.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Honestly, we have more than enough power to destroy the Iranian army/navy as it stands in an actual war where we aren't policing/setting up a new government. Iraq was virtually a cakewalk because we essentially did our part after we took Fallujah which was the heaviest combat seen since Vietnam. The difficulty came from us playing defense more than offense, in a country we were attacking. We are trained both in conventional and asymmetrical warfare/defense. We have the best of both worlds. The part I am worried about is Iran's allies. I do think Russia and Iran are in cahoots with the whole nuclear situation, and that Iran possibly already has nuclear weapons bought from Russia. Their confidence against the most modernized, well trained, and best funded military in the world tells me that they have something dangerous up their sleeve, and our government is not heeding the obvious warning signs. They're (US govt) reckless and careless, and it's going to end up costing lives that don't need to be spent.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Either that, or they are baiting the US and allies to come in bombs blazing, to only find nothing. That would lose credibility of the the US on the world stage. Iraq did have WMD, just not the ones they said were there.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The problem is though, that Americans will die, I understand a lot of people on here don't like professional and think he is some sort of traitor, but pointing out that your countrymen will die in a war is not traitorous, just a cold hard fact of war. Could Iran beat the USA? No of course not, could they sink some of your ships? Very possibly, Could they shoot down some of your aircraft, most definitely, pointing out that is actually what is needed for some of the Rambo characters on here.

You here so much rubbish, like if they sink a carrier they will be glass, no they wont, the US cannot nuke Iran unless Iran nukes the US first, no way you can fire nukes that close to Russia and China, or Pakistan, don't forget they have nukes too and they are none to fond of the US right now.

America is powerful, but not omnipotent, America is not god though some Americans go one like she is, the saddest part is attacking Iran wont make the west any safer, in fact the reverse is true yet you get so many calling for war, baying for blood like it is some sort of game, because they are bored with their miserable lives, and I don't mean you, but you have seen the posts on here so you know what I mean.

Iran is much tougher than Iraq, or Afghanistan, much tougher and the costs will be high, Americans will die so some one else profits, and that is all war is about, profit and it is sad some many still call for rich twats to get richer of the blood of ordinary citizens who happen to love their country and civilians who have done nothing

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

I have no problem with someone pointing that out. They are likely to happen, as unsuspected things happen in war. However, when I only see him post on threads involving the Iran/US conflict, and he's always talking about the destruction that will happen to America, listing ways in which he thinks other countries are superior, and making jokes about seal team six getting 'blown out of the sky', it makes me wonder. He seems to display treasonous characteristics - not that he is; yet. I personally just think he has a fantasy based on the US failing in war. I could understand if his point was if the US fails, maybe the government will think twice about who it picks fights with, but he intentionally attacks the people doing the fighting. Not the people controlling it. His posting history will show you what I'm talking about.

I know that things happen in war and that the US certainly isn't invincible, but when someone goes out of their way to point it out on every single thread, it really makes me question their motives.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I think our government has hit rock bottom on the whole credibility thing tbh. But they could always lie and make up stories about finding something if they're that worried about image. I think money > image to them.

Iran has displayed remarkable restraint, though. The US and Israel have definitely been doing everything they can to provoke a retaliation.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I can understand how it winds you up, I do respond to a lot of post on the Iran situation, but because like an idiot I let myself get angry over some of the responses some of the idiots make, I often get accused of being anti American, which I am most certainly not, I love the principles of your founding fathers and think they should be enshrined in every country and you can get to talk to some really interesting characters from the states, but those that beat the war drum annoy me, including the same kind of idiots in my own country.

Professional does have some valid points, if Iran is being supplied by either Russia of China, perhaps even both, then they will have kit that is specifically designed to beat American defences and some of it will get through and I would rather see no lives lost, either American or Iranian, especially since they will only be dying to make gits like Rockefeller and Rothschild richer and their is a very serious risk it could escalate to a much bigger conflict or even WW3 and no country will win that but sure as hell a lot of people will die for it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Exactly.

What people on here have to remember though, is a majority of the country, military included, do not use alternative media sites for their information like we do. Essentially they're kept ignorant and in the dark with the MSM being the only news they go by. The people I serve with honestly believe they're doing the right thing, and when they join and sign the papers, they have the best intentions in mind of defending the US. The patriotism is all there. So in turn, it's not their fault that they've been brainwashed into believing everything we do is right and for the good of the country. I've woken some of my buddies up to what's going on.

I always get the "no ones forcing you to go" line. Well, yeah, they actually are. If I don't go I get court-martialed and thrown in the brig for god knows how long. I will be considered a traitor. The fact of the matter is, unless the military all throws down their weapons en masse and decides not to go, no progress will ever be made.

Fear is what keeps the people who were woken up while in service continue to do the bankers bidding. The other 80% are brainwashed into thinking they know what is right. The people who are woken up, obviously don't join the military, and look at the entire military as "psychopaths" when the focus should be on the people who run the show.

I don't know a single person who liked being in Iraq. That place #ing sucked.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join