It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to fire long-range missiles during drill -news agency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Xcathdra

Hmmm...if there was only a reason why the US and its allies would like Iran to be the next country "liberated" by its army and occupied...oh yah:

Iran ranks second in the world in natural gas reserves and third in oil reserves. It is OPEC's 2nd largest oil exporter and it has the potential to become an energy superpower.

Sure, here's the source.

Check this out, pretty damn obvious if you ask me:

Each star is an American military base

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hahahaha! That's like if you found out you had buried treasure in your yard and all of your neighbors just stand at your property line just staring at your yard!! OR or...that little kid that is always at a birthday party (if you have one at a public place) that just hangs around and stares at everyone eating the cake!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Hmmm...if there was only a reason why the US and its allies would like Iran to be the next country "liberated" by its army and occupied...oh yah:

Iran ranks second in the world in natural gas reserves and third in oil reserves. It is OPEC's 2nd largest oil exporter and it has the potential to become an energy superpower.

Sure, here's the source.

Order Code RS22125
April 26, 2005

Ah.. 2005.. Yup that clears things right up....
edit on 30-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Ah.. 2005.. Yup that clears things right up....

Does it? You have the newer one agreeing with you then? Most of everything that was happening then is still happening...except the US needs a new boogeyman.

Edit: hehehe I completely agree with your Latin!!
edit on 30-12-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Edit Part II: So they let them in to check NPP.

Plus, they invite them into their country.

From above listed source:

The IAEA carries out regular inspections of Iranian nuclear sites but has not sent a senior official for talks since August, before it released its latest report containing what was described as intelligence showing Iran's nuclear military aims. Western countries seized on the IAEA report last month to ratchet up economic sanctions.

New enough for you?

edit on 30-12-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Let he without sin cast the first stone...

In what way are sanctions the same as directives?

In what way is nuclear energy any more of a problem than oil? (I mean that totally objectively...again, in what way is nuclear energy any more of a problem (or solution, or safe, or introduce description) than oil...thinking in the long term.

I personally do not believe nuclear is a "clean" fuel to be tauted as a replacement to oil any more than "clean coal" or natural gas...nice semantic framing there.

So, the long and short of my answer would be:

How is Iran's attempt at nuclear energy, which has plenty of direct and externalized, actual and postponed dangers, any different than the scale and scope of US aggression concerning the exploitation of oil, considering all of its direct, present, externalized and prolonged/postponed dangerous outcomes? Or, for a simpler comparison: how is the US's nuclear arsenal threat any different than Iran's global economic meltdown threat?

Lose-lose. ...I'm sure we'll get to the root of the issue eventually, but i can see that "right" and "left" are going to hash out the superficialities for a bit longer.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I can't agree with some respondents who support Iran, or who seem to. Currently, North Korea is the most dangerous and most unstable country in the world. They threaten nuclear war at the drop of a hat. But it's Iran who would use a nuclear bomb as soon as they get it. Since USA got into Iraq on bad information and had to take heat from the public, they'll be too slow to get into Iran and then it's good bye Big Apple.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

I don't support Iran, nor do I oppose it. They should be allowed to do what is best for their nation. The only country I know that dropped the bomb as soon as they had it was....was....hmmm...I can't remember. Something about a pot calling a kettle black or something like that.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Since this is already on its way, I still hope Iran gives one hell of a nightmare fight to the invaders... even if they have to fight dirty, but war is never clean.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

I can't agree with some respondents who support Iran, or who seem to. Currently, North Korea is the most dangerous and most unstable country in the world. They threaten nuclear war at the drop of a hat. But it's Iran who would use a nuclear bomb as soon as they get it. Since USA got into Iraq on bad information and had to take heat from the public, they'll be too slow to get into Iran and then it's good bye Big Apple.

Don't worry...many people here on the forum would say it's another "inside job" anyway...

Of course, i agree with you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Magnificient

Don't worry...many people here on the forum would say it's another "inside job" anyway...

Of course, i agree with you.

What part of the topic is an inside job, no one here hinted anything about this drill and missile test being an inside job.

Why must people make such uncalled for statements?

What was the purpose of this statement?

You clearly had a purpose, what was it?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS:

Iranian military commander denies state media reports that long-range missile has been test-fired in Gulf

this is ontop of bbc news site, il post a link as soon as they make one avalible

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
from Haaretz

Iran Navy says long-range missile tests delayed, refuting state media

Iran state media earlier reported that long range missiles had been test fired on Saturday; state media also says Iran is willing to resume nuclear talks with world powers.

A double take ?

Willing to resume talks ?

Hmmm.

Iran Navy says long-range missile tests delayed

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Its possible Russia and China, who have been egging Iran on, might have realized Iran may have been going a bit to far. Its one thing to be able to stand behind Iran and egg them on. Its another thing when its about to come to blows, which will drag Russia and China into the fight.

All things aside if Iran wants to talk, lets talk and see where it goes. The question then must be asked is are they being legitimate wanting to talk, or are they just stalling for time?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I think that they will just stall for time. I honestly think they are trying to develop the bomb, but, only as a means of keeping attacks on their country at bay. What better deterrent than a nuke? I say good for them as long as they don't follow the USA's example. Why is the US even getting involved? Israel has said it can take care of itself, Iran has said they don't want war. Is it really just the oil? Is the US gov't getting that transparent or is it just getting sloppy?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

"unfair sanctions"? Who are to make such an accusation? Life is not fair but to side with the enemy because of fairness, that is ignorance.
edit on 31-12-2011 by blangger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Some people were saying that they wouldn't dare test the missile:

Iran tests long-range missiles as part of major naval exercise

Iran said on Monday it had successfully test-fired two long-range missiles during a naval exercise in the Gulf, flexing its military muscle to show it could hit Israel and U.S. bases in the region if attacked. In response to mounting Western pressure over its nuclear ambitions, Iran started a naval drill in the Gulf last week and warned that it could shut the Strait of Hormuz if sanctions were imposed on its oil exports, the country's main revenue source.

Israel will probably use this as more propaganda fuel for their media blitz on Iran.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by blangger

"unfair sanctions"? Who are to make such an accusation? Life is not fair but to side with the enemy because of fairness, that is ignorance.

Tell me why the sanctions are fair then, please.

Why do you consider them your enemy?

Are you aware of the definition of ignorance?

Blindly supporting your government is a form of ignorance.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join