It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to fire long-range missiles during drill -news agency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Iran's Shahab-3 missiles are long range only enough to hit Israel.

Israel has the Jericho missile which can hit the US, China, Russia, Europe. (18,000km)

Who is the real danger?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Ignorance is bliss.

"As the imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map." -Ahmadinejad
Just in case you don’t know, this is the president of IRAN. FYI

Wonder how he plans on doing that? Maybe Nuclear? No, that can’t be. He is such an honest and loving kind of guy.

www.rferl.org...

edit on 30-12-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

When a Palestinian is calling for an all out end on attacks on Israel civilians, it does indeed make a statement.

ETA -

Originally posted by kellynap43

Ignorance is bliss.

Wonder how he plans on doing that? Maybe Nuclear? No, that can’t be. He is such an honest and loving kind of guy.

www.rferl.org...

Before people start their usual the west took it out of context BS, do some research please on which press agency originally reported the comment.

For those who are researched challeneged -
The translation came from - Islamic Republic News Agency, aka the IRNA, or Iranian State Media and is run by Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance.

Also - Wikipedia source material - continuing controversy over wipe Israel off the map

In a June 11, 2006 analysis of the translation controversy, New York Times editor Ethan Bronner stated:

[T]ranslators in Tehran who work for the president's office and the foreign ministry disagree with them. All official translations of Mr. Ahmadinejad's statement, including a description of it on his website, refer to wiping Israel away. Sohrab Mahdavi, one of Iran’s most prominent translators, and Siamak Namazi, managing director of a Tehran consulting firm, who is bilingual, both say “wipe off” or “wipe away” is more accurate than "vanish" because the Persian verb is active and transitive.

Bronner continued: "..it is hard to argue that, from Israel's point of view, Mr. Ahmadinejad poses no threat. Still, it is true that he has never specifically threatened war against Israel. So did Iran's president call for Israel to be 'wiped off the map'? It certainly seems so. Did that amount to a call for war? That remains an open question."[13] This elicited a further response from Jonathan Steele, who noted that Bronner agreed that "map" or any other place noun had not been used and criticized this Wikipedia entry (as it was on June 14, 2006) for "claiming falsely" that Ethan Bronner had "concluded that Ahmadinejad had in fact said that Israel was to be wiped off the map".[23]

At a gathering of foreign guests marking the 19th anniversary of the death of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in 2008, Ahmadinejad said:

"You should know that the criminal and terrorist Zionist regime which has 60 years of plundering, aggression and crimes in its file has reached the end of its work and will soon disappear off the geographical scene."[24]

The Iranian presidential website states: that "the Zionist Regime of Israel faces a deadend and will under God's grace be wiped off the map," and "the Zionist Regime that is a usurper and illegitimate regime and a cancerous tumor should be wiped off the map."[25]

edit on 30-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Is this what you mean?

www.haaretz.com...

I don't want to go off topic but I have authored various threads as of recently that indicate Hamas is very serious about this peace process, for the better of the Palestinians, even the Israelis.

Now Israel just bombed Gaza, go figure.

Al Qaeda, get em!

Sorry for this somewhat off topic comment, I thought I was posting on the other thread.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by corporation

Israel has the Jericho missile which can hit the US, China, Russia, Europe. (18,000km)

Who is the real danger?

/waving frantically in the air

Ooo, Ooo.... Pick me! PICK ME!!!

Um, the one who threatens to destroy us and our allies and start the end of days to bring back the 12th Imam.

You are now free to add you’re on title to that definition.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Ignorance is bliss.

www.rferl.org...

He said it about America too. Loose threats...

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No from here -

Time Index :01:09

Although it looks like the same info.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I agree, Loose.

However, threats none the less.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

Originally posted by corporation

Who is the real danger?

/waving frantically in the air

Ooo, Ooo.... Pick me! PICK ME!!!

Um, the one who threatens to destroy us and our allies and start the end of days to bring back the 12th Imam.

You are now free to add you’re on title to that definition.

Iran has never threatened to destroy anybody. They have not invaded another country in 300 years.

I wish the same could be said about about the US
academic.evergreen.edu...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Israel has repeatedly called for the destruction of Iran and are even discussing things with the USA for a preemptive strike, Iran has every right to defend itself from aggression from the terrorist state of Israel.

Do you know how many people in US governemnt threaten Iran? Like Lindsey Grahm, Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachman,Gingrich. I would be out trying to develop a nuke to defend myself too.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It's so obvious that they've got their sites on Iran, and very soon.

Israel, U.S. discuss triggers for military strike on Iran

www.haaretz.com...

I can't believe some people are still supporting this.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Did you not read the Quote or cant read the quote?

The last person who justifed killing the people currently in Israel was Hitler.

Food for thought

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That is in response to the US threatning them.

Also if you are an american why are you interested in defending Israel? Are you a traitor to the USA? Renoune your US citizenship if you like israel so much that you are willing to go to war over it.

Once again they said those things because of the threats. Also he said that the Israeli regime must be wiped, not Israel. Get your facts straight. Muslims also believe in Israel, but the TRUE ISRAEL (BANI ISRAEL), not the Zionist imposter state that is committing genocide right now.
edit on 30-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The quote is largely moot.

Every side has threatened every other side of this issue.

To say that only one side is 'bad' because of it is kind of ridiculous.

Maybe all sides should take a step back and stop the rhetoric for a bit?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Do you know how many people in US governemnt threaten Iran? Like Lindsey Grahm, Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachman,Gingrich. I would be out trying to develop a nuke to defend myself too.

Funny how Freedom of Speech works....

To bad Iran doesnt allow it. If they did they might find out their people dont want nuclear weapons. They want peace, cheap food and affordable housing.. Just like we do here in the US, and in Israel, and every other country on the planet.

A country like Iran, who as you claim are building nukes because we have free speech and freedom of opinion in this country, doesn't bolster the argument for a country like Iran to make and posses nukes solely to deny those same rights to their own people.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's all a sad game. All three of these countries are screwed up anyhow...

Iran is a joke anyway. I'm not taking sides one way or the other but I don't like Iran...

-SAP-
edit on 30-12-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Funny how Freedom of Speech works....

To bad Iran doesnt allow it. If they did they might find out their people dont want nuclear weapons. They want peace, cheap food and affordable housing.. Just like we do here in the US, and in Israel, and every other country on the planet.

A country like Iran, who as you claim are building nukes because we have free speech and freedom of opinion in this country, doesn't bolster the argument for a country like Iran to make and posses nukes solely to deny those same rights to their own people.

How can threatening someone with death and destruction be considerd as freedom of speech ?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

So your argument is what came first? The chicken or the Egg?
Really?

lol I need to find a new thread

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Not a very good argument.

Most of what the US has said about Iran would be illegal in Canada under 'incitement of hate' rules.

Or are we an a$$ backwards country up here too?

Interestingly enough, most 'outside' reviews of 'free speech' list countries that do not have an actual free speech law as having more free speech than the US, but that is for another thread.

Any who, I do have a question:
Why is it illegal for a US citizen to threaten the US government, but not illegal for the US government to threaten another nation's government?

Would not free speech be available to both? Or is the US government 'above' the law...or the US citizen 'below'?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

That is in response to the US threatning them.

Also if you are an american why are you interested in defending Israel? Are you a traitor to the USA? Renoune your US citizenship if you like israel so much that you are willing to go to war over it.

Once again they said those things because of the threats. Also he said that the Israeli regime must be wiped, not Israel. Get your facts straight. Muslims also believe in Israel, but the TRUE ISRAEL (BANI ISRAEL), not the Zionist imposter state that is committing genocide right now.
edit on 30-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

How asinine of you to say. Because one supports the right to exist of another doesn't not mean you're a traitor to your own country. I want the people of Iran to be free and live as a democratic society like they chose to do. It's their clerics that have put them into a situation that they are in.

You do know that there is a HUGE movement within Iran, by the people, to remove the existing government. They had their own Arab Spring but it was squashed.

Do you not remember the hundreds killed by Iranian police over the last 3 years? I'm sick of people of trying to paint this government (Iranian that is) is the poor little guy that has done nothing to anyone! They threaten and kill their own people if they speak out. They have (and it's documented all over the place) stated (Clerics and Ahmadinejad) called for the destruction of Israel and the west sever, SEVERAL times.

Denial isn't just a river!
edit on 30-12-2011 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join