It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul supporters fight back, defending Kelly Clarkson after she tweeted support for Ron Paul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
LOL fox news

Among Clarkson’s critics on Twitter was user @kat_george, who tweeted: -- Ew just found out Kelly Clarkson luvs Ron Paul lyk, 4eva and stuff. Soz Kelly, not your fan anymore.

source

Sounds like a real political expert source there!

Same article:

"For some Paul is seen as a homophobe and a racist. So for her fans, that may be sending them a message that she concurs with his homophobic and racist ideals," explains "Cult of Celebrity" author Cooper Lawrence.

The only people that see him as such are the media.
edit on 12/30/2011 by martianmallow because: ETA another quote

edit on 12/30/2011 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i think its worth mentioning that her record label "MCA RECORDS"
was one of the first traitors that sponsored the evil SOPA act.

she aint no angel

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
UPDATE

UP to number 4 from 41 on amazon.com in less than 24 hours.

Looks like she's headed for the top!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

I like Ron Paul, I just do not think
Kelly Clarkson's support is such a big
deal like it is being made out to be.
I'm glad she likes Paul but what makes
her better then me or you liking paul
because she sings and dance?
It makes no damn difference.

Publicity dude. It's not about merit or value (she's better than us), it's a functional issue. She can get the word out to scores of people with the stroke of a key. Cause to celebrate for the supporters imho.

Cheers
edit on 30-12-2011 by followtheevidence because: quoting fiasco

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Ron Paul's friends don't own the media, his opponent's friends do. You're going to hear a lot of negatives about him, but most people can see through the facade. Personally, I think he's our best bet for domestic reasons, but probably not our best bet for international reasons.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Number 3 now .
I say and have written in other places..... Well done Kelly for supporting truth and freedom. The mainstream media lie and twist things, a lot are now realising this. I am not even American but if I was I would support Dr Ron Paul. Anyone that has taken the time to listen to DR Paul and his policies will realise that he is not homophobic or racist.He is a libertarian, meaning rights for all.
I do not generally listen to Kellys type of music but my wife does. I will be buying her album on itunes and amazon.
We are all free to think what we want and stand up for our own beliefs. Ron Paul is the last chance for America.....

Did not however buy on Amazon but from her site , cutting out the middle man

regards

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If Obama couldn't get his agenda passed, why do people think Ron Paul can? He'll be up against twice as much obstruction as Obama is. Because both parties in Congress pretty much want to maintain the status quo.

You are missing the point. It doesn't matter if Ron Paul's legislation gets passed when he is President. He has no ability to do it (no President does). The ONLY reason to vote Ron Paul is what he can prevent. I guarantee you that you will be less tracked, less monitored, and less infringed upon during the 4 years of a Ron Paul presidency. The corruption coming out of the White House will be obliterated for 4 years. Thats it. Unless we elect hundreds of Ron Pauls to congress nothing will change long-term.

I'll vote for a 4 year delay in the nail being tapped down on our coffin.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
They used to say Britney Spears had all the marketing power in the world because every middle aged Mom wanted to be her, and every middle aged Man wanted to do her, and all the teenage girls idolized her, and all the teenaged boys wanted to agree with the teenaged girls. Hey..... that gives me an idea...... how do we get Britney to endorse Ron Paul.

Key phrase -- "used to". Time can be cruel. No one gives a # who/what she likes/dislikes in 2012.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I find it quite interesting that Paul supporters alone are able to boost her sales to the top of the charts.

I've long suspected (or rather, been fairly certain) that the depth of his support was grossly underestimated (or just under-reported) by the MSM.

This would seem to provide some strong evidence that the Doctor has one hell of a following at this point. It looks to me like a literal groundswell.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Haha, this gives me a good chuckle. Her album sales are going nuts at the moment.

This article is from around 6pm today, and says her sales are up 442%

money.cnn.com...

One day after she announced her support for Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul on Twitter, sales of pop singer Kelly Clarkson's most recent album were surging Friday on Amazon.com.

Sales of Clarkson's album Stronger shot up 442% between Thursday and Friday afternoon on Amazon (AMZN, Fortune 500), moving the album from #38 to #7 on Amazon's sales list.

I looked at her facebook page, and now some people are saying her sales are up 1350%.....wow haha (im looking for a source for this other than FB, but I doubt ill find one till tomorrow)

edit on 31-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

According to this:
www.amazon.com...=zg_bs_tab

She's up to #1, a rise of 1,350%, at the moment. May go even higher (percentage-wise).

ETA: Her other album is at #3 there, though I admit that I know nothing at all about how many albums she has, their release dates, etc.
edit on 31-12-2011 by VariableConstant because: added

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Thanks, I was looking for that page. Looks like the Facebook posts were true, the 1st album is up 1350%. I also have no idea how many albums she has, but I wouldnt be suprised if their sales were going up to

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spikerkingliberty
Thanks for your post, but most of all thank you Kelly Clarkson. Finally someone that isn't part of the satanist music industry standing up and supporting what is right. I wish more celebs like her would show support for Ron Paul.

I believe that Ron Paul is going to get the republican nomination because when it comes time for the presidential debates the media is going to such a good job in bashing himl that votes aren't even going to matter. Sad but will be true unless people wake up and start showing public support for Ron Paul.

Interesting... I wondered how long it would take for this particular goober-like philosophy to land on reality as we know it.

I was pro Ron, but now I have to investigate a bit further. If he feels or believes the same way you appear to about "satanist music industry" then he's out of my "vote for" book... And that's bad. I'm fast running out of candidates who even fit into "barely sane political beliefs system" um... System.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
I was pro Ron, but now I have to investigate a bit further. If he feels or believes the same way you appear to about "satanist music industry" then he's out of my "vote for" book... And that's bad. I'm fast running out of candidates who even fit into "barely sane political beliefs system" um... System.

I guess things like Constitution and privacy are unapealing to you...

... yeah his view on music is a good reason not to vote for him...

Are we really this dumb as a nation?

UPDATE... She's now at the Number 2 spot on Amazon.com

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Sorry, I'm frustrated.

Ya know Jerry Brown - - born into politics said - - he used to be able to invite a Republican to dinner - - sit around - - discuss - - hack things out - - and come to a compromise.

He said this new breed of Republicans don't care. They have no interest in talking or discussing anything - - its there way or the highway.

Simple:

You have an entire generation who grew up and had to endure the sexist, male hating, white hating, moderate to conservative hating educational system and entertainment industry.

As long as leftist's and feminist's control the educational system and entertainment industry, a second American civil war is an unavoidable certainty. And as Academia becomes more extreme in it's hatred of males, you should expect to see a correlating extremism a few years down the road against leftism.

Because after enduring such hatred and bigotry you cannot compromise, you cannot surrender, you cannot yield or grant mercy to such horrible and vile people.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by Annee

Sorry, I'm frustrated.

Ya know Jerry Brown - - born into politics said - - he used to be able to invite a Republican to dinner - - sit around - - discuss - - hack things out - - and come to a compromise.

He said this new breed of Republicans don't care. They have no interest in talking or discussing anything - - its there way or the highway.

Simple:

You have an entire generation who grew up and had to endure the sexist, male hating, white hating, moderate to conservative hating educational system and entertainment industry.

As long as leftist's and feminist's control the educational system and entertainment industry, a second American civil war is an unavoidable certainty. And as Academia becomes more extreme in it's hatred of males, you should expect to see a correlating extremism a few years down the road against leftism.

Because after enduring such hatred and bigotry you cannot compromise, you cannot surrender, you cannot yield or grant mercy to such horrible and vile people.

Whatever!

You seem to have personal issues.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join