It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Candidates Snubbing Keokuk, Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Presidential Candidates Snubbing Keokuk

KEOKUK, Ia. (WGEM) -- Keokuk can be the gateway to the White House for presidential candidates but this year, that campaign trail has gone cold. Just five days until the Iowa caucus, and not a single candidate has set foot in Keokuk and residents have noticed.

This, to me, is kind of weird as it's been almost like a tradition of Presidential Candidates visiting Keokuk. In Lee County, there are roughly 40,000 people which isn't something to shake a fist at, I'm just curious to see how this will effect the Iowa Caucus! Again, this is shocking to me. The during the 2008 elections (or prior too, I should say), I remember going to Keokuk to see the Candidates and a 'Meet n Greet'. It's kind of a shame, I would really love to meet RP

Any of you forum-goers residents of Lee County? What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Funny how this is not an important state when during the Obama campaign this appeared to be a big deal....such crap...Link
Maybe this is not a big deal but in the past both sides made a big push to get Iowa in their corner...now people are downplaying it to make it appear that it does not matter....

join