It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leap Years, Do they effect predictions and prophecies dates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I am writing this thread quickly as i am searching for answers while searching for God and to also uncover what i believe to be a conspiracy regarding time.
I wrote a thread recently regarding God's seventh-day Sabbath and i cant help but feel that the faults and deceptions all boil down to Time.

Take a look at the thread above if you wish but this thread i would like to briefly put what i believe to you ATS members and hopefully you can share what you know and share your thoughts on the topic.

In regard to the thread title.

The holy scriptures regardless of which religion you follow were written long before man decided to throw clocks into the equation and as well as that man decided to add leap years.
Now what i would like to know in relation to leap years is what effect does Leap years have on prophecies and predictions and also prophecies from the ancients, the Mayan calendar for instance.

Think of it this way, scriptures were written THEN man chose to fiddle with time therefore altering the date somewhat.

If leap years were not used what would the date actually be now for instance?

I have kept this thread brief as i am wanting to hear from you and your thoughts. Thankyou.

So I ask Do Leap years effect prediction and prophecy dates of the ancients etc since leap years were implemented after they were made? I believe so. Why? To discredit God?
edit on 30-12-2011 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

As most predictions turn out to be utter rubbish . I doubt the fact that next year being a Leap Year will effect the ultimate outcome .
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

46 BC with the creation of the Julian calendar and this was the start of the leap years wasnt it?

Leap Years in the Gregorian calendar (named for Pope Gregory, who made it official) occur every 4 years, in year numbers that are evenly divisible by 4. So 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016 are all leap years....

So since the start how many days have been added due to leap years?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Every solar year is 365 and a quarter days so without the leap year our seasons will be messed up.

Can people from ancient times can accuratly predict dates for current and future events? I'm not so sure they can.
edit on 30-12-2011 by lewman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Adam Riese says its 514 days. Simply math.

(2011+46)/4 = 514 R1/4

Edit: But if they calculated in solar cycles, were still good because with the additional day every 4 years, we rule out the 365.xxx day cycle the sun really has.
edit on 30-12-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2011 by verschickter because: spelling & addition

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I believe any prophecy that mentions a date to be bogus.
Solely because, Humans have free will.
So any prediction made, is the most probable outcome at the time if things where to continue as they where going.
But because of free will, one persons actions can completely change the overall outcome.

The only acception i would mention, would be prophecies predicted using a planetary calender. The sun is always going to set everyday, hence a date could be worked out.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Of course they do.

God created day and night and seven days.

Man added leap years hour and minutes.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think you make an excellent point, that more often than not, is ignored when someone speaks of the past.

And, Leap years will be phased in and out over time as well, I am sure.

All depends who is in charge at the time.

top topics

join