It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieisinlove

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

Can you back up how these people seem to be "incredibly naive" and "manipulated by forces they do not really understand"? And what does not eating meat have to do with anything?

While some of the "Namaste crowd," as you put it, can be judgmental... so are a lot of people. Your post is judgmental. Additionally, you share the same mindset as some other people. Does that mean that you're an example of "group-think" as well?

Some might say that it's incredibly naive to think that the world can and should continue with people creating wars, being cruel, thinking there are classes of people, etc.

hippies and veganism

do we really need to explain the concept all out?

it's not nice to hit cows in the head and people who want to be nice or want to pretend to be nice if they are trolling, don't hit cows in the head or cause cows to be hit in the head.

well, some of them.

And how exactly does that make people naive or manipulated by forces they don't understand?

I just don't understand exactly how being loving and wanting to care for living things and the planet is naive.

Man, people will complain about anything, won't they? "THESE PEOPLE ARE TOO LOVING!"

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. god only knows what i was thinking about at the time.

well, now that i understand your question... i think most thinks it's rough and tough to kill another beast. Since that has been the way or survival for man for a long time, most think that people simply cannot live without it... therefore they are so niave they think they can go without eating.

I didn't even become vegan... just vegetarian and do you have any idea how many people have said startled at my decision "WELL WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO EAT"

ummm....everything else?

edit on 3-1-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

Well, I guess I'm biased since I'm a raw vegan kundalini yoga hippy, but I personally think it's naive to think we can go on abusing the world and the people in it without horrible repercussions. Or, rather, that the horrible repercussions we're currently facing aren't due to the fact that we've been abusing the world for so long. Minus the political corruption, world hunger could be solved if everyone -- or even just a percentage of people -- went vegan.

The OP said that people such as described would have limited horizons and would be devoid of passion. It's weird because I tend to think people who are as described are more passionate -- only about the right things, rather than petty arguments.

Oh well, just my opinion. I'm not zen enough yet to not have one.

i do not disagree with this.

i also like the point you made about the waste involved with all the cattling. they can't grasp the spiritual repercussion... just disregard that as idea altogether. yet they ALSO cannot even grasp the material value involved with a little modification that could even help them be more healthy.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'm not asking why i chose to be here. i think i already know the answer to that. i don't think that all is one and one is all even comes close to being a good answer because the bad part of all could be something that the ALL wants to be rid of... and therefore it WILL TRANSFORM IT.

how do you know that is not the mission of many?

how do you know they are not doing that RIGHT NOW.

I've made no argument against such a view.

Would those many be able to have that mission if there weren't people to be "transformed"?

If "all is one and one is all", doesn't part of one have to choose to become "transformable" in order to be "transformed"?

The desire to transform creates instantly something that needs to be transformed.

I make no argument on which is better or worse. Each perspective gives a unique answer. All true, none "right".

and ftr, you basically just called me a bad person who cannot feel love in crappy people because I'm not SOOO good that my goodness doesn't over power all the bad i see.

To me, that's crazy.

You have no idea how much I am aware of the potential for my own negativity, yet i harm no one.

I'm sorry you felt that was what was being communicated to you. I from my vantage point don't see anything bad in you and don't at all think of you as a bad person. Nowhere in my words or feelings were any bad feelings directed at you, only compassion and hopeful excitement for your next moment. Honestly. All interpretation of you being a bad person who cannot feel love is taken internally. I have attempted with the tools available to me, to offer the best mirror for the areas you are projecting that show your own coloring of situations that... again from my vantage point... are affecting how you interpret the events and people you do experience.

I have absolutely confidence you are a "good person" who knows love. I also hear you telling me that you also know "bad" and "bad people" while seeming to ask why. I offer the best answer for why. So that you may know why you are good. Once this is understood, they cease to be bad.

you say to achieve this higher state, you must not find fault in all these things that are NOT external to you and are a part of you.

yet you want ME.... TO CHANGE SOMETHING.

I don't want you to do anything except what you want to do. If you want to change, then change. If you want to change something, then try to change it. If you don't want to change it, then accept it. Nothing more.

I say a lot of things. You shouldn't listen to anything I say. Unless you want to.

if nothing is external TO YOU, then how can you possibly argue with me if what i am saying IS A PART OF YOU AS WELL?

apply that same principle TO ME and understand that I might be one with purpose in the actions or words of my own that maybe you just don't understand.

I'm not arguing with you. And I absolutely know what you are saying is a part of me.

A person who rants about minute details of Baseball statistics is a part of me as well. The portion of me writing this message however, is currently not focused on those Baseball statistics, just like it is not currently focused on being "separate" from you. Everything you are struggling with/upset with I too am upset with/struggling with. However I can choose to leave my vantage point and join you in your fight that you don't seem to enjoy, or I can remain in my current vantage point, remembering my previous trips down the same path you are currently on, and offer my notes.

Notes are nothing more than that... they aren't laws or rules... just notes. From one vantage point.

If i am you, then internalize ME and understand that MY WAY is transformation of things which I think should never be.

Then stop asking someone else why you feel things.

EDIT... this is so freaking aggravating. I did not ask that guy why i'm here.

I asked WHY ARE SOME SO CRAPPY, because i truly truly believe this and i believe something needs to be done about them.. in so many words.

You believe they are two different questions. I don't. The answer to one is the answer to the other.

If something needs to be done, then do it. What is stopping you from doing everything that needs to be done?

To put it another way: A person feels that EVERY grain of sand on every beach NEEDS to be sorted by size. How would you help them on their task?
edit on 2012/1/5 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
my problem is not that i do not see purpose in even unfortunate things. My problem is not that i do not see my own purpose. You are excusing the fact that you assumed this issue about me. you also excuse the fact that other people might get upset by things you say, by saying it is all their interpretation.

No, it isn't.

there is a flip side to each coin. YOUR words can be just as accountable as my interpretation.

you see, everything is connected, until you disagree. THEN, it's my interpretation causing the problem. that is YOU externalizing something. admit that you are not a master of this philosophy and we will have much less of a problem in my eyes.

I do not completely disagree with what you say, but i firmly believe that the only way you can say it... it to do exactly opposite of this "all connectedness" & place yourself on the good side of that interpretation.

If all is already perfect in your eyes, then why was there any reason to reply?

You must admit that even you believe things cannot just be ignored into a state of utopia which is what this philosophy of all being perfect suggests, else you would do nothing. You would feel the need to change NO THING.

It's not that i do not get the philosophy, it's that YOU think you are more enlightened than the average joe i guess and feel that you have grasped something they cannot grasp. How can you say everything is already perfect when there is such a thing as 'imperfection" ah, but that is just the faulty interpretation, right? how can there BE a faulty interpretation if everything is just as it should be?

If these problems are meant to be "drivers" to keep us busy... then that means the worst thing we could do is tell ourselves we are so enlightened that they simply no longer bother us.

i'm just trying to get you to see this huge contradiction and why it would make so many people angry to say.... there are only problems in life because you perceive them as such.... yet that same person is eyeballing a problem in the philosophies of others.

YOU are not even practicing what you preach.

look, I don't have a real problem with you unless i think you are taking this so far that you just want to immobilize people by convincing them of this complacency with everything... even if they don't agree with it. Emotions were not meant to be simply buried that way... you push them back into the sub, they resurface.... unless you are living off of STRONG medication to the point where it at least does not rear it's head in this life.

i honestly feel that you are explaining something to people, because you think they might be a little dumb... when for all you know, they have considered things like this on and on and on in great depth.

listen... so all is a whole?

ok... to each whole, there are two halves.... there are MANY more smaller pieces.

those pieces do not have to be the same. You have duality, you have positive and negative. they say energy cannot be lost but it can certainly be transformed.

so why in the world do you think that a concept of "there are pieces within this whole that i don't want to be a part of"...and this drives my present character, my present brain...since my brain is just a part and not the whole... to be what it is. why do you think that concept cannot be just as real and valid as any other?

...and don't even try to say it's a matter of how happy you want to be... that is all relevant to the current life. i see myself as a VERY happy person... until i am in the company of certain other people and i am TRYING to do something about it. that is not self made misery and i am NOT a miserable person.

i am simply stating that if everything has so much purpose, then why do i see such purposeless deeds manifest in the actions of people who for all we know... would make a much better tree?

that way they cannot project their will unto others, like murderers who take lives.

some things simply DID NOT have to be.

Can you not just concede to the definition of "needless".... because the concept very much exists!

If the concept exists, then surely... some things are truly needless. how could it be any other way?

YES... i can fully encapsulate the notion of the full spectrum, i just do not think that those words are a good way to inspire anyone to a more adjusted state.

if someone is upset... you say? "no, all is perfect"..... then so was their opinion and emotion that lead them to the state of being upset. this is NOT a good way to say it in my opinion. Why? because it sounds like you think you have an authority to insist upon something that in this constant fluctuating duality *it just might be wrong*

why can't you instead say, "try to see the upside, the benefit to this problem, the chance it could manifest for you"

seriously, you think i cannot conceive of such a thing? i do it every day. please do not dumb me down that way.

i think your words are sterile and maybe lethargically untailored to the individual you speak to.
edit on 5-1-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

I say a lot of things. You shouldn't listen to anything I say. Unless you want to.

Notes are nothing more than that... they aren't laws or rules... just notes. From one vantage point.

I'm not trying to fix anything, change anything, or tell you what you should or shouldn't do. I'm certainly not putting myself on the side of "good" as you are exploring it. I know very well the "bad" side of the coin when views like this are taken to be "right". I'm not right... I'm simply sharing and sharing honestly.

Why did I reply? Because you seem to need someone to wrestle through all of this with. I'm willing to offer my vantage point. I'm aware that I am/will be/can be growing out of the exchange too. I am always finding new ways of putting things into words that will appeal to different vantage points, and am excited when I experience or see something new!

If you don't like what I'm offering, that's ok. If you don't believe me, that's ok.

I replied because I wanted to. I don't see anything wrong with your feelings about certain other people except that YOU don't like them. Since you don't like them, I offered one vantage point of how to experience it differently. Consider it one way to get to London from Paris, but you can certainly take a different route.

I'm not proclaiming to be a master of any philosophy... I'm simply offering my personal experience to someone who asked. Remember you asked me. The fact that my personal experience has benefited from and shares ideas with philosophies is about as remarkable as the fact that running and dancing both can use feet to accomplish their experience.
edit on 2012/1/6 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Special thanks go to all the ''Namasties'' for putting the thread on the ATS video recap. Good job, dear friends!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Likewise thank you for bringing the concept of Namaste to a broader audience.

Water cares not where it flows, it simply flows.

Namaste!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There is something I would like to clear up against the statements made against the "Namaste" crowd.Such things as you can not challenge these people or argue with them because they view others as "less developed" or "havent found the light yet".I believe that some of these Namaste people are just more polite than other of us who have adopted the same "love and light" theory and is a sign of respect to each and every other soul,as a greeting more like it and not all of us are keen to such formalities.And with the issue of seeing people as "haven't found the light yet" is simple and completely viable in my opinion,I would like to refer you guys to a narration relevant to what I wish to get across:
1:30 on

(OOOPS sorry I totally forgot I had already posted this video in this thread srry Mods if you need to make the posts count I suggest deleting my prior post ty

"having the answer to the question doesnt mean that the person who is asking the question is ready for the answer" - 2:00

"the big question is,is the person who is asking the question in a vibrational place in which they can receive the answer?the thing that is so very interesting about that is the vibration of the question or problem is a whole different vibration from the vibration of the answer or solution.......there are people who all over the world but there are people who come even to gatherings like this who sit in the audience and sometimes even in the hot seat who ask such powerful questions that they evoke equally powerful answers,but just because we express the power of the anwer doesn't mean they get it because they are still wadded up in the vibration of the question" -2:30 -3:30

I bring these points up because they are most universal the what I mean and what is meant for people who "haven't found the light".Just as a preacher can not preach to a sinful drug addict in changing his ways because the answers the preacher has are entirely higher and different to the vibration the addict chooses to surround himself in...only upon personal experience say NDE or death of loved ones may the enviroment around the addict become more suitable for the answers the preacher was trying to get across.feel me yet?

edit on 12/29/11 by ArtOfTrance because: srry for double post on the video :/

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

I'm not trying to fix anything, change anything, or tell you what you should or shouldn't do. I'm certainly not putting myself on the side of "good" as you are exploring it. I know very well the "bad" side of the coin when views like this are taken to be "right". I'm not right... I'm simply sharing and sharing honestly.

Why did I reply? Because you seem to need someone to wrestle through all of this with. I'm willing to offer my vantage point. I'm aware that I am/will be/can be growing out of the exchange too. I am always finding new ways of putting things into words that will appeal to different vantage points, and am excited when I experience or see something new!

If you don't like what I'm offering, that's ok. If you don't believe me, that's ok.

I replied because I wanted to. I don't see anything wrong with your feelings about certain other people except that YOU don't like them. Since you don't like them, I offered one vantage point of how to experience it differently. Consider it one way to get to London from Paris, but you can certainly take a different route.

I'm not proclaiming to be a master of any philosophy... I'm simply offering my personal experience to someone who asked. Remember you asked me. The fact that my personal experience has benefited from and shares ideas with philosophies is about as remarkable as the fact that running and dancing both can use feet to accomplish their experience.
edit on 2012/1/6 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

ok, fair enough then, but let me just say one thing.

i find it very unusual that you mentioned walking across a tile floor. everyone loves to walk across a nice tile floor. It's good to be able to have such luxuries in life especially when I, myself, decided to redo the floor of my last rental and everything got so messed up for me, including losing my job and being made to feel fear on top of fear from people breaking into my house to people approaching me in public.

i never got to enjoy that tile floor.... and now when i walk across my floor... I have to make a back breaking stoop every time.... because i am so afraid of so many of these pleasant speaking lying men in society, that I cannot be assured i will have rent money from one month to the next.

So i live in a van.

walking across a tile floor being a loving act.... Ha Ha ha ha.... too funny.

I would LOVE to have a tile floor.

but what i love even MORE... is truth, my freedom, not having others project their will onto me, not having others pick at my brain and look for various ways, even small ways of making me feel to frustrated to go on and generally like dirt. I think i choose well although i'm certain they will keep trying.
edit on 6-1-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
the self is all, and it is about mind control. To control ones mind is the begining, and the end is liberation of spirit, joyousness of knowing the Self is pure and undiluted.

The Self, infinite and immortal, stands as the witness to all actions, the consciousness beyond the body, but that which moves the body. We are not body but soul. How could we be body when we move body? The joy of the self abides, it is the same essence in all things, it is everything. Those who see separate existence are deluded, those who see all as one are enlightened. So as it was with the ancients, so it is now.
edit on 7-1-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
No.
Just people exercising basic phychology in 'belonging'.

Akushla

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Psychological coping mechanisms in a world run amok. Everyone's searching for a way to make the world "make sense".
edit on 8-1-2012 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hi OP

I am of the love and light variety add some balance and the picture of me is complete except I would like to answer some of your statements above as the individual I am rather than a person belonging to a group label.

Who are these forces that manipulate 'us'?
I do tend to walk away from discussion that i see are unnecessary or lead to nothing constructive. I am a very practical person and If i do not see that a discussion is more than a competition in who can seem more right or wrong then I will opt out. (i have no need to be right or receive insults for having been wrong) If however the discussion is based in wanting to learn (this goes both ways) or simply just sharing ideas even if opposing I am more than willing to participate and state my case. However what I will not do is judge you for believing a certain thing or not. I simply see people for who they are as they are at any given time. I am more interested in why you think a certain way than if what you think is 'right' or 'wrong'. Your process getting to a conclusion is what interests me. I am not interested in convincing anyone that my way of thinking is 'better' than.... to me it seem kindergardenish when it comes to philosophy at least. Of course I have opinions on things that directly affect reality.

As for the negativity. People have a right to chose what is let into their sphere. Personally I avoid negativity that is unnecessary. Rudeness, condesending language, threatening behaviour and otherwise personal remarks in the context of philosophical/scientific or other discussion is not something I will allow in my sphere. I will opt to walk away, which i think I have a right to do. As do you.

I have no automatic group thinking as far as I know. I agree where my mind has come to the conclusion that, based on its understanding, there is something to agree too and will disagree where it sees fit also.

I do agree with you that many people in general feel the need to belong to groups so they label them selves a thing and adopt a whole complete set of language, mannerisms, ideals and separatism to suit. I do not or at least try not to do so. Mainly because I think too much to let someone else do it for me ;P

Yes I agree there is alot of people adopting philosophies that they do not understand and i think this runs across board and is true for all religions/philosophies or life styles. People want to feel part of a group. So some people who use love and light might not actually have a philosophy attached to it other than it sounds better than amen or hello and goodbye. I think the difference lies in the people not the philosophy. Label yourself what ever you like your actions are always going to be a reflection of your understanding of the world regardless.

Anyways just my thoughts on your post and nor here nor there in any case my point might have been to say not everyone who uses a certain set of words are the same....

Love, light and balance
(What I feel, what I see, how i try to be)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The other site im on is a so-called Love and Light" site,and i feel,at least the L+L folks harm none..However yeah one has to be careful there, to not be considered in "negative" frame of mind if you are angry,depressed,etc.Dont get me wrong,one always does get a lot of love and support,and most folks there are wonderful,kind,well-meaning people,i have met 3 of my closest and much loved friends on there.I just feel that i cannot always be as blunt as i would like to be,as i have a very pragmatic and "say it as it is" side to me,which may hurt the feelings of a member,or offend,and i dont wanna do that,ever,as ive received so much love,support and friendship,in fact that site indirectly saved my life.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I am also part of this 'Mind Control' crowd you speak of.

The only thing which keeps me going day after day, is Love.

Love and Light.

Now if you're offended by Love - which is Creativity, or Light - which is Information.

Then it is you sir, who is being controlled by malevolant forces.

Love, Light, Freedom and Happiness - they all have one thing in common...

All of these aspects of Life, are free. You are free to think what you want, but what makes you happy?

Love? Freedom? Light?

An implosion of all these aspects will make a very positive impact on your life.

Those that cannot see it, there is still time.

Accept your place in humanity, forgive yourself and others and love everybody and every single living organism on this planet.

Earth, is a living library. Use it too it's fullest extent, whilst you still have the time to do so.

Lots of love, peace and harmony..

Kluute.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

i find it very unusual that you mentioned walking across a tile floor. everyone loves to walk across a nice tile floor. It's good to be able to have such luxuries in life especially when I, myself, decided to redo the floor of my last rental and everything got so messed up for me, including losing my job and being made to feel fear on top of fear from people breaking into my house to people approaching me in public.

I was actually referring to your initial wording that described "being a tile" as a negative. I never doubted your appreciation for tiles from your vantage point, nor did I assume you do or don't get to enjoy the tiles.

The tile is also you... and you have a desire to enjoy them but feel others are getting to enjoy them instead of you. Whatever form of "enjoyment"... it is us putting our preferences upon the tile and then expecting the tile to accept whatever interactions we put upon it.

This is not to say we shouldn't walk upon tiles... but coming from the "all are one"... the way we think about tiles reflects the way we will think about ourselves when we see others or our self as a tile. If a tile is something that is "below" you, then you aren't truly loving the full scope of the experience of walking upon a tile... being both the walker and the walked upon.

Either the tile "loves" being walked on, cracked, admired, had poop smeared on it, or it hates it, or it has no sensation at all and is unaware of being a tile. Whether it does any of those is entirely dictated by our own internal judgments. So long as we keep our mind focused on being EITHER the tile OR the walker rather than identifying with the total experience of tile + walker in all circumstances... then we continue to be like a wheel which says it wants to go somewhere, but wants to do so with every point always at the top.

This is not saying you should "accept being a tile and stay there"... it's expanding the vantage point of the nature of our real relationship between each other.
edit on 2012/1/13 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'm not suggesting it is easy... but when you see through the illusion of your separation from the people who do bad... their badness becomes really funny because you can finally see just how utterly confused they are. Or how confused you've been... it happens!

One of the most powerful "bad" repellents is laughter.
edit on 2012/1/13 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Quit a lot of replies in this thread attempt to make a distinction between 'spiritual' people and the rest.

How can that be? We are all spiritual beings. That stuff that runs through your body, that magical energy that keeps your blood pumping, your lungs breathing and your senses sensing -that energy- is spirit. If you are not a spiritual being then you are a corps.

Take that magic current (spirit) out of the body and you can kiss it goodbey...

Whether you choose to immerse yourself into the material word, and see yourself as your body or whether you actually work on your spirit energy in order to grow towards that brilliance which lies latent within you, your spirituality is always moving. Moving either forward or backward. Whether you are aware of it or not. It just is.

So, to those that deem themselves corpses, non spiritual humans, your skulls and bones do not intrigue us.

Even those 'Namaste' (Humbly Hello) people who may not have the perfect answer or are appearing conceited or whatever judgement you make on them, that 'guru' you were talking about, they are all actively aware of the magic stuff, that electric current that makes the difference between being human and being a corpse, and in their own way, they are trying to move forward. What is more important? The desire to grow? Or not doing it at all because you cannot get it perfect?

Even if their spirituality seems superficial or flawed, the actions and desire to improve will eventually trigger the depth. It is like the chicken and the egg. Even if the actions of attending meetings, practicing meditation, etc, are not yet deeply sincere, eventually the feelings will catch up and be shaped by their devotion to self improvement.

Why not just be humble and be quiet when you think you know better than the 'Namaste/Humble Hello' crowd? Maybe you do know better, but why give your ego wings by demonstrating it in a crowd? And this, my friend, does not show knowing any better. (Those that know, do not need to advertise it.)

Spritual progress is the ONLY thing that will stay with you beyond the grave. It is more sure than taxes.

So what if we are not on the same rung of the spiritual ladder, life is not a competition!

I feel like this is a valuable reply worth reposting.
Love and light?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GreatMystery

Dear Great Mystery,

It is very kind of you to express your appreciation of my 2 pence worth. Yes, life is a Great Mystery indeed! An illusion so real we are fooled into its existance, captured by it, and imprisoned by it. Finding the way out should be our biggest mission in life.

Thanx for your good wishes. Wishing you everything that is kind, true and necesarry.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

i beg to differ on that. it is my belief that thoughts and emotions are a powerful thing. if someone truly sais love and light and they mean it, i do believe that their pleasant thoughts transmit into you. you dont have to meet someone to really wish them well. and if its such meaningless words from someone you wont ever meet, whats it matter anyway? why you on the internet finding this out? not everybody has two agendas.

so i say to you with sincerity, love and light. i hope you find your way in life. truly

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join