It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think it was Alan Watts who was reminded of a story of an emperor, his advisor, and a commoner. The commoner told the emperor, "My lord, our people complain of how hot the roads are, and how it hurts their feet to walk upon them." The king thought about this, and came up with a solution. "Go out and slaughter thousands of your cattle, and cover the roads with their skins so that the roads may not be so hot." The advisor spoke up. "Perhaps, my lord, it would be best to kill fewer cows, and wrap their feet with their skins, so that the road may be comfortable to walk upon wherever they go."

A lot of people have the mentality of changing the world through external force. Many religions do this, unfortunately. They tell us that others are the problem. But the truth of the nature of things is that you are the problem. Yes you. You get angry, you get sad, you feel pain and allow it to affect you negatively. You are the one who take life experiences and make them tragedies rather than moments to learn. That's you.

The best solution to the world's problem is not, "Let's love everybody and bring about peace and equality." The problem is, equality tends to come about through their efforts as tolerance, and tolerance is a terrible thing. To say you "tolerate somebody's lifestyle" means, in the back of your mind, you still position yourself higher than they.

I'm not going to tell you what YOUR solution should be. I can't, it wouldn't help anything anyways. My solution for myself, however, is to tell you that I love you unconditionally, I forgive you for everything bad you've done to me, and I will try to live a virtuous life, not only for the technicalities of what that offers, but because, perhaps, my life will be a token that will allow you to change yourself for the better. I can do no more than that.

But when it comes down to it, I can love you with all of my heart, but you must love yourself. I can forgive you a thousand times over, but you must regret your actions and forgive yourself. I can offer myself as an example, but you are the one who will either choose to do good or bad. Whatever you choose, you will reap your rewards. This is the wheel of sharp weapons returning, whether in this life or the next.

Love is a universal thing, that knows no bounds. I love you, just as much as I love, say, Obama, or "freedom fighters" over in the Middle East. Because that is what I require of myself, to love. I don't agree with bad decisions they make, and I feel the pain of the innocents who are pained by their actions. But at the end of the day, the Buddha cries so that you don't have to.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
I am sorry but i would rather live life loving than hating. Hating hurts because it is only yourself that feels it.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)
That's kind of a pragmatist take on it, no? You have no qualms about doing that which feels good, but shrink from that which hurts. Too bad, because pain is one of the best teachers there is.

Love that is conditional (99.9% of the "lightworkers" I have met, virtually or in 3-d reality, only know this kind of love) is not the highest form of love, at all. It is simply another ploy by the universal Ego to try to maintain control in a simulation it never really had any control over to begin with. But it has been a fun experiment, hasn't it?

To give something your attention is to sustain it. Therefore, that to which your attention flows is that which you love. "Hate" and "love" are both forms of love. Hate is attention (love) laced with anger, the love you're talking about (since obviously you mean Love as the opposite of Hate in your blurb above) is attention (love) laced with mushy sentimentality.

I submit that you don't have the first notion of what I mean when I tell you that you are equal to the good AND the bad of someone like, oh, Adolf Hitler for example. Can you parse that? The "evil" in Adolf Hitler resides also in you! Can you hear that without plugging your ears and screaming "NONONO!!!" When you can accept your equality to Josef Stalin and Pol Pot and Jeffrey Dahmer, then I might seriously consider something you have to say about Love. Because, only if you accept that you are All, can you know what unconditional love is (acceptance of All that is).

ETA: Just to be clear, I don't believe there is good or evil, but only what IS, and I choose to regard what IS as the highest good, because in my logical model, there is no force capable of thwarting the will of the Infinite, and the Infinite has provided ample evidence (according to my own criteria) for the hypothesis that it possesses a will of its own.
edit on 30-12-2011 by seamus because: clarification

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think the problem with the Namaste crowd is they are limited to a single paradigm that they think is superior to all others. When there are endless paradigms available to use, the measure of a paradigms worth is how you can apply it to your current situation. Locking yourself into a single one is like a carpenter who will only use a hammer, not very useful.

I deal a lot with lucid dreaming and in particular dream control. The common reaction I get from the Namaste crowd is why should I learn to control my dreams? Just go with it instead, let it happen on it's own, presumably because exerting control is somehow evil in this paradigm. Even though we are always in control of our dream, the trick is just to realize it. Even though this type of control applies just as much in the waking world. But these Namastites seems to think that if you're behind the wheel of speeding vehicle, then choosing not to grab the wheel is somehow not a choice, because to admit so would be evil?

Love and light is not useful in every situation. For those without the knowledge that control brings, that paradigms are tools to be used and discarded as needed, then love and light is probably a good harmless default in most cases. It can just be annoying when you try to apply it to the wrong situations, or to situations where there are obviously better options available.
edit on 30-12-2011 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Seeing as you're such an expert on meditation, I'm positive you are aware that deep thought is a form of meditation.

Now, let's see... Who has helped advance our species by using deep thought?

*facepalm*

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

My claim is that "new age" type "spirituality" is ineffective in actually achieving anything significant.

As proof, I hold up all of human history looking for a single disproof of my claim. Who, solely by meditation and spiritual intuition, has advanced our species in any significant way?

OH my, new age is all rehashed philosophy and the lot, a little of this and a little of that, as the Sumerian astrologers were precursors to astronomers, the scientist of today was the prophet of yesterday.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest

Originally posted by justsaying
Great thread!

I used to be a part of the "love and light" crowd. After a while I realized that as much as I thought I was developing spiritually, I was still part of a "group" (or an unofficial religion) that saw itself as enlightened and superior to others who were not as "enlightened". It really started bothering me, because these were the same beliefs those who follow organized religions attested to themselves. These so called people of the light still had egos, still sucked up to the people with the power, still sought attention to be special, still were trying to be the new Jesus in the white robes and could lead everyone to the light. Oh please. They were still consumed with themselves.Elitism and snobbery know no spiritual boundaries.

Seriously, there are as many paths to God as there are people on this planet. No one is above anyone else. Every religion has some elements of truth and the rest is BS, only each of us must decide what that BS and truth are. That takes trial and error, and in my opinion only, many lifetimes. My truth has come down to recognize that God is within all life, do the best I can, try not to give into fear and anger but get underneath them, help as many people as I can, help as many animals as I can, and try not to be so selfless that I forget that I matter too. Forgive. Have fun, lots of it and enjoy as much as this life as I can. And mostly, believe in love, but love enough to let go.

Exactly -- I'm speaking from experience as well. I dealt with ''love and light'' individuals on a constant basis, sometimes still do, and yes, they seem to be friendly and helpful, but I knew some of them before and their thought patterns just.. switched off. They regurgitate ''proof'' by citing websites supposedly in contact with inter-dimensional entities, etc., etc... and when things don't go their way, they shut down and meditate.

They are nice, polite and all, but can also be incredible back-stabbers, all in the name of ''love and light'', of course.. this is a huge cult in the making, and I'm not saying this lightly, it's based on experience (unfortunately). They DO have positive qualities, of course they do have them, but, overall.. something deeply sinister is developing here and we'll be seeing where it takes us soon, I'd wager...

Did you see the guy who'd started a separate thread on here, claiming we just don't understand? The thread was shut down. Then he called someone on here, ''eurotrash'' or something like that. What more can be said.

Yep, I saw this. They can't see it yet. I couldn't either when I first discovered 'the light' and all the entitlement that went with it...it took me years to get off my high horse, lol.

I read somewhere that you can only get enlightened once you don't care anymore whether you're enlightened or not. As long as you're still playing the New Age game, you're as far away from it as the next guy. In Sedona, there was once a funny article in a spiritual paper titled "My Spirit Guide Can Beat Up Your Spirit Guide." That just about sums up the mindset of many L&Ls. You wouldn't believe how much competition and nastiness is going on in those circles -- "greet each other with 'Namaste' and then proceed with backstabbing."

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople

Seeing as you're such an expert on meditation, I'm positive you are aware that deep thought is a form of meditation.

*facepalm*

You got me there. You are so right ( But who is this *facepalm*?).

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

"greet each other with 'Namaste' and then proceed with backstabbing."

That can be found in ever aspect of human life, sounds normal.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by applesthateatpeople

*facepalm*

You got me there. You are so right ( But who is this *facepalm*?).

ew ew and painting, or music, or poetry, musicians really are deep.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hey guys and gals, men and women, boys and girls....hello to all of you open minded folks of ATS.

Glad I found this thread.

I have only one thing to say to you all:

I LOVE YOU!

That is all...back to your normal programming....

I actually am sincere, I just have a severe case of sarcasm and, some say I need help. You know what
though?

I think they are all just being sarcastic.

edit on 30-12-2011 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

OH no not again I was going to make an I love you post, don't ya just love the synchronicity.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

My claim is that "new age" type "spirituality" is ineffective in actually achieving anything significant.

As proof, I hold up all of human history looking for a single disproof of my claim. Who, solely by meditation and spiritual intuition, has advanced our species in any significant way?

OH my, new age is all rehashed philosophy and the lot, a little of this and a little of that, as the Sumerian astrologers were precursors to astronomers, the scientist of today was the prophet of yesterday.

I think you mean the Babylonian Astrologers. Wikipedia: History of Astrology

Also, as an Astronomer I take offense at your equation of Astrology with Astronomy.

There were Scientists way back then and there are Prophets today. Different job descriptions totally.

Scientist: The Free Dictionary
Prophet: The Free Dictionary

edit on 31/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Goodness....not another lovey dovey thread.

You totally got my sarcastic yet, somewhat meaningful post.

dare I type....

namaste...

ooohhh, i went and did it

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

synchronicity...you say???

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

That's ok, yes Babylonian, its just that we progress, I hate that word, but we do, and I do believe it is like stepping stones,

I just can't express myself.

Don't take offense,

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric

Goodness....not another lovey dovey thread.

You totally got my sarcastic yet, somewhat meaningful post.

dare I type....

namaste...

ooohhh, i went and did it

I have never said namaste in my life, it sticks in my throat, like when I was a kid and my mom would force me to say thank you, I have problems.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

That's ok, yes Babylonian, its just that we progress, I hate that word, but we do, and I do believe it is like stepping stones,

I just can't express myself.

Don't take offense,

None taken (I like to think I have a sense of humor).

Cheerz,

or should I say

Fairy-dust and Unicorns!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

"Hate" and "love" are both forms of love.

I agree,

The same brain circuitry is involved in both extreme emotions – but hate retains a semblance of rationality
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sending out love and light is a positive and beautiful thing in this world where we are surrounded by hatred and darkness.

I don't understand why someone would criticise a bringer of light.

It does not matter whether a lightbringer is from earth or elsewhere - they still cast light in the darkness.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Sending out love and light is a positive and beautiful thing in this world where we are surrounded by hatred and darkness.

I don't understand why someone would criticise a bringer of light.

It does not matter whether a lightbringer is from earth or elsewhere - they still cast light in the darkness.

Lucifer, translated into English means "Light Bringer".

Just sayin'.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join