It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows 'retaliation' against South

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

NORTH Korea today vowed unspecified retaliation against South Korea for its perceived insulting response to the death of late leader Kim Jong Il. The threat came in a statement on the official North Korean news agency and was also read on state television. "We will make the [South Korean leader] Lee Myung-Bak traitor group pay till the end for the eternally unforgivable sins they committed on the occasion of the state funeral," it said. The TV highlighted the comment in a sub-title under the announcer, which was repeated for about 10 minutes.

www.news.com.au...

I see they continue to whine, and the new leader has something to prove. Or does he? Let's just hope he doesn't go wacko and try to fire a nuke...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Like father, like son. They didn't waste anytime going back to old habits.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If this kid really picks a fight and U.S. jumps in i give it a week till hes dead.
edit on 30-12-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

thinking about it now is the best time to topple that regime. this kids got no experience and no respect and noone to pass the dictatorship to. do they really wanna give him 50 years to play dictator with these threats in week 1?
edit on 30-12-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

i arrived in south korea a couple days before the recent death and since then no one here has known what to expect...i had higher hopes until this and a couple other stories coming out of the north today.

link   

i arrived in south korea a couple days before the recent death and since then no one here has known what to expect...i had higher hopes until this and a couple other stories coming out of the north today.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

You'd definitely have clearer news so please keep us posted on what (if anything... cuz we are talking about North Korea... lol) happens.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
..thats a pretty blunt hello from the new nkorea!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Nothing better than a big # you to kick of the new regime

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

not really, we dont get news just because we are here in the situation. i have to get here on the net just like everyone else. by the time something happens its already too late and theres no way id be getting on the net before rolling out, or attempting to roll out.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Thank you sir for your service to us. Keep safe and us posted.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Just another step towards global warfare.........

SGTSECRET- I hope this all stays calm, for yours, and everybody else's sake.

There's enough trouble in the Middle East without this,

And North Korea Has Nuclear Technology,

Keeping my eyes on this one.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Notice the report doesn't say what was said to provoke such a response?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I served in Germany during the cold war. So, I know what it's like to have the "delay as long as possible then die in place" mission.

Good luck and God Bless.

And thanks for serving.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Would pay little attention to such comments, North Korea may have a large army, but they are poorly fed, short and their weapons are often obsolete.

As for nuking the south, well they would just get a nuke straight back so I fail to see how this is a likely scenario

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
Would pay little attention to such comments, North Korea may have a large army, but they are poorly fed, short and their weapons are often obsolete.

As for nuking the south, well they would just get a nuke straight back so I fail to see how this is a likely scenario

"obsolete" ak's get the job done =D

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Are the North Koreans suggesting that this man was to be honored by anyone else other than his immediate cronies who would have had a good life under this tyranical douche. He made the lives of his own people and his neighbors miserable. The only people that did not hate him are the people who believed his "it's the worlds fault" retoric.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord

Well said. I know my 150 year old Martini-Henry makes deer just as dead as a brand new 300 Win Mag.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

If I remember reading previous articles surrounding the death (more the world's reaction) correctly they didn't say anything at all really more than an "ehhh probably isn't going to change anything, but I hope it does" (paraphrasing of course). I believe the US took the same approach in response to his death.

Perhaps that is the "eternally unforgivable sin". Although it does say during the funeral so I am not sure if they did or said something that constitutes an eternal retribution (according to N. Korea) campaign.
edit on 12/30/2011 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

no, their weapons are largely decrepit, and I would question the amount of ammunition they have to sustain any campaign as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Gator

Well said. I know my 150 year old Martini-Henry makes deer just as dead as a brand new 300 Win Mag.

Yes, all very exciting, but in terms of an army their decrepit weaponry makes them a very unformidable enemy (amongst other things)

Also, we in the west are helping to sustain such regimes as they see various despots being lynched or executed, so it is not like they could just relinquish power gently

top topics

<<   2 >>

join