It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Online Education For All!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I pretty glad to hear that!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
College is free for all if you know how to do it. I never figured out how people could get so far in debt.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

This is awesome!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ItsEvolutionBaby

What's wrong with lockheed Martin? They were very good to me when I worked there for 26 years.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

You had a choice!
I was doing pretty well as a flower child till Kennedy started talking about putting a man on the moon.
During the obligatory alien abduction they gave me a Rorschach test and I saw a bat instead of a womans hip.
Got Shanghai'd to one of black programs instead.
They run those programs like an Achaean black ship from the Iliad.
Died before I was ten.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is all well and good for scholars but I still see young people can't find jobs because they have no experience and nobody seems to be willing to give them experience...even with a paid college education. Do any of you feel there may be a stigma attached to 'free' online education that can't be qualified nor quantified?

(post by GiaAncona1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it think

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Now if I could only remember how to tie my shoes I might be able to learn how to spell without a spellchecker.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: timski
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it think

Then again, if you lead a thirsty horse to water, it will most definitely drink.

(post by jackjonas removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by leadabode removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
This is all well and good for scholars but I still see young people can't find jobs because they have no experience and nobody seems to be willing to give them experience...even with a paid college education. Do any of you feel there may be a stigma attached to 'free' online education that can't be qualified nor quantified?

Good question.

I can partially reply, from the standpoint of the IT industry.

Needs there have become SO specialized that higher education degrees are barely required anymore. Much more focus was given to people who had completed particular technical certifications in whatever technology knowledge is sought after at any given time.

An absurdity factor was introduced by candidates with NO practical experience, but had managed to "book learn" themselves into earning advanced certifications. Maybe they knew the technology ... but then there is whole other aspect of knowing how to productively work with others and be part of a team.

Dunno. Off hand, I would say we may see higher ed going out of the business of offering technology-oriented study programs, other than in a general sense. There is a strong need for degree'd engineers, and universities will continue to offer those programs. But for other technical directions, not so sure.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes, it's getting ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join