It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SECOND High Ranking BACHMANN Staffer...Wes Enos..leaves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
firstread.msnbc.msn.com... =home_multiline

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann's campaign lost another high-ranking staff member on Thursday after that staffer defended another former Bachmann official's defection to a rival campaign.

Wes Enos, Bachmann's political director, has left the campaign, spokeswoman Alice Stewart confirmed to NBC News on Thursday evening.

The resignation comes on the heels of last night's announcement by Iowa state Sen. Kent Sorenson, who had served as Bachmann's Iowa chairman, that he had stepped down from that position to support Texas Rep. Ron Paul's campaign instead.

Yesterday, Enos publicly defended Sorenson, an Iowa state Senator, against charges voiced by Bachmann that Sorenson had accepted money from the Paul campaign, in violation of state law. (This narrative is disputed by Sorenson himself.)

I'm wondering how many more from the camps of the Interventionist-Establishment-Status Quo-Empire-Statist-Corporatist candidates will defect to him.

edit on 30-12-2011 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/12/2011 by Sauron because: internal quote tags to external quote tags

edit on 30-12-2011 by Byrd because: Corrected title.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Another one seeing the ways of Ron and going over to help him out.
Love it. Couldn't love it more.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Should Ron Paul supporters be excited to be getting staffers that have been supporting Bachman???

Isn't that saying that Bachman and Paul are very similar???

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Should Ron Paul supporters be excited to be getting staffers that have been supporting Bachman???

It says whatever you think it says.

To me it says "abandon ship for a winner".

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They shoudl not be happy that the CAREER politicians are changing ship.

A good leader with a rotten staff will not be that effective.

The CAREER politicians who are changing now are just hoping the are not loosing there influence and job.
They do not support the believes, they support the most chance of getting more bucks and influence.

They should not be let in, they should be trialled in court.
edit on 30-12-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Wow the Bachmann campaign is imploding LOL! So will see how this all plays out. You gotta wonder if this is a ruse to try and get people into Dr Paul's camp. However I don't know if these guys will be actually doing anything more then just endorsing him.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

I agree but these staffers have contacts, followers, numbers, skill at ground level organization. They're PAID to do a job, not so much 'believe' something. They are ASSETS in that manner. And with them comes a certain skill set that WINS elections.

I know it's "politics as usual" but it's to the benefit of the RP camp.

I personally think Bachmann is all out NUTS, but her defectors give RP more support so I'm not going to throw them out with the bathwater.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
What this is saying to me is Ron Paul had better take care about who is flocking to his cause and banner. Here are two people who have betrayed their former candidate they'd led to believe had their loyalty. It seems rather clear Bachmann wasn't given any respect or courtesy in this, and Paul better watch this carefully. HE could be the one they betray next.

One a traitor, always a traitor and bolting camps at this late hour...right before the voters get a say...is wrong. There is no other way to put it. If they'd done this a couple weeks ago or after the primaries, I'd think differently. Something really stinks here though and I hope Paul is wise enough to watch these two and whoever they bring with them very carefully.

After all, it isn't like Ron Paul hasn't been the target of some really rank garbage already. Hopefully this isn't an attempt at a new low.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Looks like Bachmann is also loosing support from a super PAC that supported her, although the super PAC defected to Romney

www.thedaily.com...

A political action committee which had planned to support Michele Bachmann's presidential campaign has very quietly defected to Mitt Romney — and it's spending big on his behalf.

Citizens for a Working America, the so-called Super PAC which aired TV ads against a Democratic congressional candidate last year, had indicated earlier this year that it was backing the Minnesota congresswoman in the GOP nominating contest. But the group instead made a $475,000 Iowa ad buy on Christmas Eve in support of Romney, according to Federal Election Commission data published today.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I love Ron Paul,have since 2008,but even this seems scripted to me,then again I look for plots in everything,

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

ROFLMAO.... wow, what spin!

You KNOW it's not true, and yet you say this??? We spend how many hours together during the last debate talking about how they were different?

Let me remind you...

edit on 30-12-2011 by pianopraze because: clarification

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Vamos ! I want more staffers ,people ..i think in the end even Mitt Romney wife will vote secretly for Ron Paul

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Those staffers have a good chance of bringing some of the Bachmann votes so that part is good. Also, Bachmann is splitting the Tea Party vote with Paul, so the sooner she drops out the better. And on some issues they are similar while in other issues like Foreign Policy, they are way apart. Perhaps her staffers were more in-line with Paul's views than Bachmann's, so the jump makes sense?

I think it is a good thing overall! Especially for these last few days before the Caucus, its good to see another competitor self-destruct.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

It says whatever you think it says.

To me it says "abandon ship for a winner".

So it does not matter to any of you which ship they originally chose to get on when the playing field was completely even?
Seems like that would matter even more to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I saw this on CNN yesterday, while Blitzer was talking to Bachmann. Apparently, Bachmann believes she just got a massive amount of support yesterday..."unbelievable amount of momentum" she says

(she starts bragging around 4:30ish)

I have no idea where that support is. Maybe voices in her head? The latest poll shows she only has 6%

news.yahoo.com...

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., earned just 6 percent. Two percent preferred former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, and 7 percent of likely caucusgoers are undecided.

edit on 30-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

So far, I don't think they have joined Paul's campaign, they have just given their verbal endorsement of Paul. I think it is great if more people realize Paul is the best candidate and voice their opinion to that regard.

If they start actively joining his campaign, that is a different story, and their motivations would have to be investigated. If they have a track record that is in-line with Paul's and their intentions seem honest, then great. If they seem to be flip-flopping to get on his coattails, then I'd hope his campaign would not fall for that.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well, Bachmann's bats in the belfry crazy anyway, so she won't miss her staffer much. On a more serious note Santorum now seems to be the one with the rising poll numbers as he becomes the next non-Mittens candidate. It's amusing with a large slap of pathos attached to watch what's going on with the Republicans at the moment.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hopefully once bachmann finally accepts the writing on the wall that she has no chance of winning and is merely wasting republican campaign money, she will herself endorse Ron Paul and ask her paultry few supports to support Dr. Paul. Afterall, she did endorse Ron Paul in his 2008 campaign and had nothing but good things to say about him back then.

Of course that won't happen because of her recent call for attacking and bullying everyone to keep the military industrial complex thriving and making big profits.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Bachmann is cooked, oiled tarred and feathered. Give it up Mrs. We do not want a president who is more interested in Israel than the USA. We are americans and will defend the USA from Israel at all costs necessary. I am a true born and raised american who will defend America from Israel

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I don't think it helps Paul with the anti-gay issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join