It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Not all countries operate that way. For example my family's farm in Canada has wells that tap into the aquifer below - as do many other landowners in the area. One of these landowners is pumping the aquifer's water and bottling it for sale. ...This would not be possible in the US but it is in Canada and I suspect in other countries too.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think it outrageous BG claiming ownership of YOUR and our water. They should not be able to get away with this.
Yeah, Next, is the air we breath....and who knows if it keeps up we'll be taxed for our flatulance next! Extra taxes on the bad whiff!

We, as Americans, need to stand up for ourselves. Tired of being walked all over.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Having rights is a state of mind...if they say you don't...do you??

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The real reason is hidden.

They don't want you drinking rain water because it contains fallout, carcinogens, heavy metals.

The Earth your parents had ain't the same Earth you have.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The next step is to # on The Declaration of Independence dismantle the Constitution and pretend the Bill of Rights never existed. The Bill of Rights was laid out to remind government that "We the people" have certain rights that are a given no matter who thinks they are in charge. So take away the rain and life, liberty, property, the pursuit of happiness and the right to protect and defend those rights is next. You nullify one existence given right, the people don't declare bull #, allowing precedence to be set and the rest will eventually be taken away as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I got an email from the San Diego water district about a new program to prevent watershed. They will reimburse you for purchasing rain barrels and collecting rainwater. I think is around 50 cents per gallon and up to $200.
San Diego water

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive
Australian farmers who collect rainwater in their dams have to pay every year... its complete BS.. How can the government tax something they dont provide? Whats next? paying for the oxygen we breathe?

No that is a UK thing, not American

UK Oxygen Tax

However you DO need a prescription for bottled oxygen in the US

edit on 17-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

It used to be illegal here in Australia in some states to have rain water tanks connected to your home as well, but as until recently about 90% of Aus was in drought they changed that to make it illegal NOT to have rainwater tanks in most states!
Governments are mental!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I don't pay anything for water, it all comes from rain water stored in the tank. No added chemicals and no cost.

Rain water cleanses the air... it washed up the dust from your roof...

in other words it collects and concentrates all those airborne chemicals in your rain barrel...

How many ppm of radioactive material from Fukushima is in YOUR barrel?

Sorry to rain on your parade

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join