It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over our water

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Its smart to make this illegal. We dont want the ignorant masses to drink the chemtrail products. Lol thats why they outlaw it because they know half of its chemtrails and people will be getting sick and wonder why.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Two gatoraid bottles of pure grade chit dog. Aww sit 2 for 15 yo? Is this spring or tap? Aww Dog this ain't no spring or tap bs, this is pure grade rain hommie..

U

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

If you think that is logical you need to take a hike!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
No surprise there we don't have rights anymore.

YOU only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

Giovernment is a FICTITIOUS ENTITY!!! It has no body and NO SOUL!! We the people have dominion. DEMAND proff of subject matter jurisdiction!! Where does the government DERIVE it's authority FROM????????????

Come on people, use some damn common sense. Tell the city officials they will be out of a job if they don't pull their collective heads out of their rear ends!! YOU do not NEED water rights, it is a natural right to collect food, NO HUNTING LICENSE, NO FISHING LICENSE, NO LICENSE NEEDED PERIOD. Respect the ordinances and the rules and regulations BUT YOU NEED NO LICENSE!! Jurisdictional authority, the sooner WE enforce IT on THEM the sooner we free ourselves and our children!!!

Come on. Please don't buy into this corporate BS license CRAP!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I think water should be controlled by the government, and not by a corporation

Going a bit off topic, in the final analysis this is my problem with libertarians.

The problem in a nutshell here is that there is (or soon will be) more humans and human activity in large portions of the west than there is water to support. And, as they say, everybody is downstream.

Without effective government, big corporations call the shots without any restriction.

An over-simplification, of course, but not off target.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am from Salt lake city. I did hear something about this not to long ago, it's ridiculous. I run a Greenhouse/Nursery, and often use rain water for my plants. Honestly, rain water shouldn't belong to any one person. How is that something you can control? It falls wherever, and that's that.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is a mad, mad, mad, mad world we live in. The water that falls from the sky belongs to the gov't?

What the hell am I reading? Where am I? What year is this?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adlai

Just becaue a corrupt government makes a right infringing law doesn't mean that it's actually a law. The people make it the law.

What I'm saying is I'm tired of people going along with the government without even realizing it. The ndaa doesnkt make anything legal. It can't supercede he constituion ad is thus invalid. So instead of saying "oh no, the goernment made this illegal, they can't do that" say "haha, silly government. Pretend time is fun, isn't it?"

You may not speak (or type) that eloquently, but I like the way you think.

Do you know why I think people just take what the Government gives them? Because they think they're in charge. Even though we pay their salary via our taxes AND vote them in, which effectively makes us their boss, everyone thinks its the other way around.

The thing is this. Most people in Washington whom we vote in have other means of making money and, more times than not, what they get paid by way of our tax dollars pales in comparison to what they REALLY make in whatever endeavor they have on the side. Be it real estate, big oil, the stock market, whatever. This is why lawmakers in Washington don't look at it like" We work for the people" because the bottom line is that we don't pay that well.

tmpunplugged.com...

So why do they do it? Why do they become politicians in the first place? Especially in the case of the top guy on that list who's only rich because HIS WIFE is the one with the money. ( This gives you an indication of the type of "men" we have in charge in Washington) Power, control, and the means to expand on their own personal wealth. That, in my opinion, is why they do it. Especially the third one.

Think about it. What better way is there to build more wealth than to pass laws which will have a direct or indirect influence on the WAYS that you make your wealth. People need to put less focus on the theory that Washington wants to control us by passing inane laws like this rainwater issue, and put more focus on the fact that when a law is passed it's more likely to be becasue someone can profit in someway from it. This is just one example:

This is what they get paid in Wahington:

www.chron.com...

See the salary for New York state?

www.empirecenter.org...

The only reason I'm using this next example is because this is the largest private employer in the world. This helps put the money issue in perspective:

www.glassdoor.com...

A store manager for a supercenter for a corporation that makes less of a profit only to the U.S. Department of Defense makes, on average, more than a top lawmaker in New York state which LEADS the states in salaries for lawmakers.

Still think that lawmakers do what they do because they CARE about you? Start paying attention. They care about their bank accounts. That's it. That's the way it's always been. You wanna find a person in charge wo's worth following, listening to and respecting? Respect the people who REALLY help keep this economy on its feet. Managers in stores like the one I linked. Something tells me they EARN their paycheck.

Class dismissed. Let's dance.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This actually isn't that crazy.
Some states are more mountainous.
If the people at higher elevations collected all the water then there wouldn't be enough for people at lower elevation.
And then the people who have collected water could start selling it and take advantage of the people without it.

Pretty simple really.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I guess we will have to start charging them for the gas it takes to mow the grass and the wear on our roofs because of this rain. I believe eminent domain should play role in this.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

As a once owner of farming and ranch lands, the water that ran through my property was in my opinion mine to draw upon and as it happened, we had several ponds on the property where rain water was collected. I should add that we had wells on the properties where we got most all of our water. These points having been made, it was 25 years ago and even then I had to fight with the county and their insistence on coming on to my property and regulating my uses which, I refuted and refused at every turn and have suggested others do who are still farming, ranching and need the water. My point, people need to stand up for what they believe in, regardless of what the Government wishes to dictate...that is the last stand position..active resistance.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Illegal, hrmm isn't possession 9 tenths of the law, well that's what everyone else says

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
why even care when we don't act ? lame

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't usually say anything so brash, but screw that. I will divert rain water for watering plants until someone actually forcibly stops me. No one owns the rain that falls from the sky, laws of the land be damned. They say they won't enforce the law for ordinary citizens. That's good. They better not. As someone else said, that really would be the last straw. I say that as a pacifist who nonetheless acknowledges that others are not, and many people will not stand for it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The Law is an ass - Time to use the law of common sense.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
WE are the ones who give the government the power to screw us , day by day we see more groups like Anonymous, Occupy, etc getting more power and trying to make things right. I see some king of anarchy in the coming years and it won't be pretty.

Our goverment is about power and money, they don't give a crap about our rights. Doesn't matter who takes the office, if they have good intentions they have to play the game.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Let them arrest me, I collect great big containers of rainwater and keep my veggies, flowers and lavender / herbs watered.

Also, strangely enough, the squirrels will drink my rain water but not touch the tap water I set out for them????

My dog also prefers rain water but she gets filtered water just like we do.

Next you know, if everyone keeps complying they will start charging us for air.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So if I get drunk and drown in a puddle of rain water my wife can sue the FED for billions ? If not millions ?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good now we can legally sue them for screwing up our water in the first place.

I swear the gubmint aint nothing, but school children playing an imaginary game.

It will suck for them when recess is over...

Its time learn again children.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns
WE are the ones who give the government the power to screw us , day by day we see more groups like Anonymous, Occupy, etc getting more power and trying to make things right. I see some king of anarchy in the coming years and it won't be pretty.

Our goverment is about power and money, they don't give a crap about our rights. Doesn't matter who takes the office, if they have good intentions they have to play the game.

No kings/queens. Just a bunch of good people, doing good things because they remember what their parents and their parent parents and their parent parent parents... you get the point.. said: "Treat others as you would treat yourself."

Its so simple and yet no one seems to be able to wrap their head around it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join