It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this on Antarctica?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A base or a place to store things..maybe it has to do with globell warming..lo....Or maybe housing ..dont really know...one of the poster mentioned a base..sound like it to me..anyways good find...thank you for hhe post

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by seedyg

If I had time I used to have some really cool ones of Mars but I am not at my home computer.

www.fas.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Hoping to beat Phage on this.

On Mars and on Earth these are called Yardangs

Very strange features created by wind erosion. But in this case it could be some manmade features helping to make the yardangs. Cool find, I have found many like this on Mars too! Freaked me out at first glance till you understand that different weather patterns create this effect with wind blowing in different directions.

well apparently yardangs aren't created in snow, and don't form in the presence of much water, thus they are commonly found in deserts.

so, this just means that those creations aren't snow yardangs, perhaps they are rock yardangs with snow on top of them? possibly.

this whole yardang deal gives me all kinds of ideas about "mounds" and flat topped pyramids...and the fact that they are naturally made by the wind/air..hmm

i think it's safe to posit that since air is making these deposits of sediments, that an "aeolian" vortex must be what makes them. interesting.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

I assure you Antarctica is a desert. This is a eloian process and yardang may not be the most correct definition as this is with ice (I do not claim to be a geologist). This is ice and hard enough ice can act like several types rock.

edit on 30-12-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

It is the Sarie Marais IV Base operated by South Africa.

Brings to mind the Jamaican bobsled team.

Jamaican Bobsled Practice

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

It is the Sarie Marais IV Base operated by South Africa.

Brings to mind the Jamaican bobsled team.

Jamaican Bobsled Practice

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Looks like more antenna arrays to me, something like HAARP but no where near the same level of power. There is also a mast antenna between the labs/housing and the line of large antenna, plus a few additional out buildings.

What I would be more concerned with are all those blacked out areas. In some that can be seen as actually shadow, they have a blue tinge from the snow reflecting light back. But some of those places are totally blacked out. WTF is going on in there?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Nice find

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Thanks for the clarifications guys, I figured they were research pods, but then I thought that maybe they were researching those strange formations. Crazy planet we live on.

AAC

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You can do a screenshot from your iPad, in any App/process by pressing both the bottom and top power button at the same time - the screen will flash white and you'll hear a camera shutter. Pic will be saved in full res in your photos App.

You're welcome

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

OP, if you press and hold the main button on your iPad, and then press the power-on button at the same time, your IPad will capture your screen as a photo. No need to take a photo of your iPad!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eonpeon

OP, if you press and hold the main button on your iPad, and then press the power-on button at the same time, your IPad will capture your screen as a photo. No need to take a photo of your iPad!

Read the whole goddamn thread next time........ Especially right above you!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sanae IV research base.
And these things on picture are storage containers.
edit on 31-12-2011 by piotrburz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Looking at that on google earth.
Looks like consistent tracks in the one area, like snow mobiles or something.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ohhhhhhohhh I KNOW WHAT IT IS!

That is what happens when a submarine punches up through the ice... Maybe they were doing a ice punching drill. and that is why they are all in row, to test for accuracy when surfacing.
edit on 31-12-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Interesting post. I definitely see lots of tracks in the snow. According to Wiki, the first 3 Sanae bases were buried and crushed by snow and ice.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I would rather not have to download the program in order to get a good look. If you would be kind enough to post a screencap, I would greatly appreciate it...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you put the coordinates into google, then select maps, that will get you there too.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
the picture is very small. i just got an ipad and will take a look at ge.
I can look on computer as well
edit on 19-1-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I looked on my computer and see it . To me it looks like the natural tewrrain covered in snow.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join