It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian challenger urges joint currency with EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Source AP

MOSCOW (AP) — The Russian billionaire challenging Prime Minister Vladimir Putin in March's presidential election said Thursday that he will push for a common currency with the European Union and liberalize the nation's political scene if elected.

So The Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov, is not an American EU Puppet eh? what you think of this now then eh?

urges joint currency with EU
I dont think the russians would welcome that idea or move its more likey Mikhail Prokhorov money switch came from the Americans.

That echoed the demand of participants in recent protests in Russia spurred by allegations of ballot-stuffing and other violations in the Dec. 4 election. Prokhorov attended the latest rally over the weekend, which drew up to 100,000 people — the biggest protest in Russia's post-Soviet history.

Big deal Russia has population of 200 Million.

Some observers have speculated that Prokhorov may have had the Kremlin's blessing to join the presidential race in order to cater to voters angry at the government while creating a semblance of genuine competition.

Yeah about that just who are those observers? western NGO agents?

Prokhorov has admitted that the Kremlin would like to use him, but insists he will play his own game and try to foster positive change.

So urging a joint currency with EU is a positive change hm i dont know about that i wonder the greeks are still holding up dont forget ATS Mikhail Prokhorov is an owner of the American BaseBall team.

So what you ATS think of Mikhail Prokhorov now?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Mikhail Prokhorov is an owner of the American BaseBall team.

Actually, its a basketball team the new jersey nets. He tried VERY hard to get Carmelo Anthony from the Denver Nuggets. On topic: He had better be careful, Putin is not above making sure he has an "accident". While this sounds like a great idea, I am sure the russian majority does not want their money devalued trying to save the dying euro, imo.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think this is the perfect excuse to invade russia. Now, back to reading this patriot hitlist.

ETA: wait what am I saying...this must mean Russias on our side, right? I can't even wrap my head around this
edit on 30-12-2011 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There are certain stances you can take to guarantee you don't get elected ... Prokhorov just took one of those stances.

Sham candidate? Maybe.

new topics

top topics

join