It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks Rise As Year Ends,New York Stocks Rise After Domestic Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
In New York
Source MarketWatch
U.S. stocks gained after investors took heart from stronger U.S. economic data, snapping a three-day losing streak, but finished off session highs after another warning about Europe’s sovereign-debt crisis.

Initial jobless claims filed in the U.S. last week were the lowest since May 2008, the Labor Department said, the latest indication of strength in the weak jobs market. Also helping sentiment, a gauge of mid-Atlantic manufacturing activity jumped for December versus the prior month. Read more on jobless claims and the Philly Fed’s activity index.

A slew of other U.S. economic data greeted investors. U.S. wholesale prices rose slightly in November due to higher food costs, but the underlying rate of increase in producer prices remained tame,

U.S. stocks rise; sentiment bolstered by data

Jobs in 2012: Growth, but recovery years away

"There's some reason to be optimistic" about jobs in 2012, but don't overdo it, says Wells Fargo senior economist Mark Vitner. "It will be a matter of years" before we see strong economic or job gains.

Right this economist Mark Vitner says that the comeback of jobs would take years? how about there is no recovery at all? and just who is Wells Fargo?

Source

So is he Trustworthy? NO.

Heres more by the Global and Mail
Source Global and Mail

and
at the picture for the story.

The close: Dow, TSX see big gains amid hopeful signs from Italy, U.S.

In My Personaly view and opinion 2012 will be worse where i live food prices are rising and where i live finding jobs is nearly impossible unless you family connections who may help you find a job or let there boss know about you.

I have talked some of my freinds over the net who live in America they are more worried about paying the rents rather then the food prices at least for now at least thats one of my freinds who lives in state of texas worries.

So what you think ATS?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This week there's very little volume, so don't put too much stock in stock values.

When the stock market goes up, the value of the dollar generally goes down. To see how much value your money lost, check here: www.dollartimes.com...

Always fun to put your salary in for say, ten years ago, and see what you need to make now to have the same buying power.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's all a rigged game... i wouldn't put any value in the up and down of it.. the only way they make money is sell high and manipulate the market get it fall then buy it up again... i watch it but it is very comical

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Very thin volumes in trading, on all 3 markets (Asia, EU and US).

January will see DOW dropping under 10,000.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Man Asian 2011 stock results are in and locked for the year and described as this:

EXPERTS predicted shares would rise up to 17pc in 2011. They fell 14.5pc. So, in 2012, who do we listen to?

Mo re bumps ahead for Australian equities in 2012 after 14.5pc fall in 2011

And this....

Asia stocks end 2011 sharply lower
edit on 30-12-2011 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All a sham, just temporary seasonal hires and spending money on credit. Come January and February you will see how bleak the economy is.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sure.

We'll be told some of the truth after New Year's when the hordes of temp/holiday workers get axed, businesses close by the droves after their last holiday season attempt to stay afloat, holiday sales will be reported as dismal, Bank of America sinks (followed by others), defaults on credit cards, etc. skyrocket, and the "Winter of Discontent" settles in.

The bad news is that that is just the beginning.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

That and every time a DOW listing blows it they just remove it and add a better performing company.

The S&P is the index to watch, an actual broad view of the economy and it grew by less than 1 point. .0003% gain to be exact.

top topics

join