It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Tick, Tick, Tick...! So many North American EQ's in the last few days...?

page: 1
7

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Just noticing quite a few "Little Ones" in the last half a day or so. Anyone else watching this?

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...



Everywhere else has been having larger ones of course. China, Russia and always Japan and Indonesia along with NZ. But the US and Canada are still bubbling and I'm at the point of looking every morning expecting to see a big red dot on our continent.

Alaska has always had those 4-6 mags and California is constant for at least 2-4 mags but I still get the feeling that it's "Bubbling".

No fear mongering here. Just an observation. NOT the end of the World and certainly NOT saying it's a HAARP conspiracy. Why? Because I don't know enough to say that it is.

Maybe Puterman will weigh in?

Peace



edit on 30-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ive noticed this the last couple of days as well.

I hope its blowing off steam as opposed to getting ready.



posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Ive noticed this the last couple of days as well.

I hope its blowing off steam as opposed to getting ready.


I hope so as well.

The question is where will it be getting ready? Seems to be sporadic areas and maybe that's a good thing.



posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
nice thread. i'm in ontario canada,and we're not known for big quakes,but recently 'scientists' warns that ottawa should get ready for a big one because it is on a main fault line! i experienced my first quake ever a few years ago,and everything just rummbled for a bit. it was small maybe a 2.5,plus i was 100 miles from the epicenter.
i can't (and don't want to!) imagine how a 'real' quke feels lik!

what can ya do though? nothing! its like the weather,everyone talks about it,but nobody does anything about it!!!
(or do they!!!?)



posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
nice thread. i'm in ontario canada,and we're not known for big quakes,but recently 'scientists' warns that ottawa should get ready for a big one because it is on a main fault line! i experienced my first quake ever a few years ago,and everything just rummbled for a bit. it was small maybe a 2.5,plus i was 100 miles from the epicenter.
i can't (and don't want to!) imagine how a 'real' quke feels lik!

what can ya do though? nothing! its like the weather,everyone talks about it,but nobody does anything about it!!!
(or do they!!!?)


I'm in Canada also and tho I have never felt a quake here, I have been thru a few in Asia and let me tell you...they are the weirdest feelings you will ever have.

The little ones that don't shake anything but upset your center of being are the strangest. You just know something isn't right but nothing seems to be wrong. Hard to explain but you get "Off Kilter" so to speak.

Peace



posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Are you sure these are really more than normal?? I watch the alerts daily and this doesn't strike me as a rise in EQ's especially? Maybe I'm wrong. I sure hope not, I'm going back home to S. Cal. In just a couple of weeks, to visit my parents whose house is right on a faultline, and I'd rather not be there just in time for any big shakers!



posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I have noticed this year that Texas has had quite a few earthquakes.....I don't think that's normal, not that many....is it?



posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think the only way we could really trust that there has been an increase is if we were to create some charts by date, with a corresponding Richter scale chart to go with it.
Otherwise it's just perception, which increases and decreases depending on awareness. Which is especially heightened on here when threads about Yellowstone start or we discuss a recent large quake.

I'd love to see some actual stats showing an increase, rather than people just suggesting they think there has been.
And no, I don't have time

edit on 30-12-2011 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I think the only way we could really trust that there has been an increase is if we were to create some charts by date, with a corresponding Richter scale chart to go with it.
Otherwise it's just perception, which increases and decreases depending on awareness. Which is especially heightened on here when threads about Yellowstone start or we discuss a recent large quake.

I'd love to see some actual stats showing an increase, rather than people just suggesting they think there has been.
And no, I don't have time

edit on 30-12-2011 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)


You are correct in that the OP was meant as my perception and that is why I used terms like "anyone else noticing?"

Yes, it was myself asking if I might be the only one seeing an increase in tremors and locations as well. Just after I posted this there was a 4.3 in the Gulf (coincidence I know) and I sat up again.

I see mags all over the ring of 5+ and when we get to North America, they pop up in Alaska but Canada on down is a little tame right now on the mag levels. But the incidents are increasing.

Was hoping for Puterman to come in and shed a little thought and wisdom but alas...


Peace



posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
When there is no activity over a period of time, then I will worry. Lots of mini quakes is a good thing, Unless it's around one of the volcanoes, then there is a good chance for an eruption.



posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
www.newscientist.com...
Brand new island rises from Red Sea depths

This appears to be relatively new. I couldn't find it so far on ATS and if its really not yet a thread its a new article, it could be very interesting.

So land masses are rising up, between Africa and Middle East faults, and what that mean on this side of the world or the pacific. Surely such activity would be core, related to all of the CME's, we're getting solar storm winds day after day, so I'm pretty sure its nonstop CME's occurring. Its always the sun that drives the core.

So with acitivity wouldn't some kind of balancing act need to take place?



posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Can we just let Hollywood fall in to the Pacific?

It really isn't needed anyway.

Actors thinking they are politicians.....what next?



new topics

top topics



 
7

log in

join