It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet 652 in-flight emergency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
www.lazygranch.com...

Map and scanner audio at the link. I find it funny this didn't make the news, but then again, it isn't like any of the passengers are going to talk to the press. [Hello...I was on a flight to "I Can't Say" and we lost an engine...Nah,]

Now here is an interesting question. The pilot could have gone to Creech (Indian Springs). That would have eliminated the hairpin turn. Creech certainly has a crash crew. I suppose that would have left a very visible 737 parked at Creech. The route to Groom is pretty rough, so I can see avoiding landing there. Desert Rock may not have a crash crew handy, though the N2S2 certainly has heavy rescue. N2S2 performs heavy rescue for parts of Nye County.

Since fire rolled at McCarran, it is not like there weren't any witnesses.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I really wonder what cool new things are at my favorite AF base. Good find though

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
How were the positions of the aircraft so well mapped out? Was this civilian radar or something else?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I pulled the locations off of flightaware.com. I wanted to see how closely the route was to the fix FIDOE. I took screen captures of everything on flightaware for that event since it will eventually be dropped from their server.

flightaware.com...

I caught another diversion a few years ago, but no scanner audio. I also heard a Janet do a touch and go at KDRA when on top of Tikaboo. I don't know if that was related to an IFE or not. The plane had just left Groom Lake. No audio on that either. I remember the event mostly because as Groom coordinated with the KDRA, the result of the "negotiations" was that the Janet 737 could make ONE touch and go. Like geez, it's going to wear out the runway.

I got a tip of another engine loss a few years ago, but nothing showed up on flightaware. That is quite possible since they don't have to divert back to KLAS. That is, they could just finish the flight on one engine as planned, or at least without changing departure/arrival airports.

Given the amount of flights they make, I'm sure the Janets have had their share of incidents. But unless there is loss of life, such as in the Beech crash near Tonopah, you will never read about it.

Obviously since Groom itself is a black hole of information, maintenance issues of their private fleet is just as lacking in clarity. You can read the FAA records for the older Janet aircraft here:
www.inplanesight.org...

I'd appreciate these records not being uploaded to other sites since they were purchased, hence the comment at the top of the page regarding "wheresjanet". I've bought some, and a number of the records were purchased by others and donated.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What on earth are you talking about?
I have no Idea by reading your comments what in the heck this thread is even about.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You know, it would help if you didn't generalize and be so vague - That's what I call a hypocrisy.

Please re-read the thread with some actual education under your belt next time...

Oh and ps, if you're going to ask a question directly to one particular individual or o a specific post, QUOTE the damn thing or 'reply-to' that person.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Seeing that the Janet flights are the the airlines that take the employees to Area 51, and one of the planes had an emergency landing, I would imagine that is what the thread is about.

It helps to go to the linkin the OP if any questions are needed.

Pred...

new topics

top topics

join