It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your "favorite" conspiracy theory, unsolved mystery or urban legend?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The Bloop is probably my favorite mystery. Some sort of sound deep in the ocean, matching the hallmarks of a biological origin, and far louder than any known creature can emit (it was heard by multiple sonar stations over 5,000 kilometers).

en.wikipedia.org...

I think it was Cthulhu burping in his sleep.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BriggsBU

I'm familiar with that one too, pretty interesting! Our oceans are so vast and mostly unexplored, it's hard to imagine what could be in the depths.. I know new species of sea creature are discovered all the time.. virtually every time there's a new deep sea exploration.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Never heard of it before.. I just checked the site.. a little discouraging when I read the update

Don't let that throw you, it's really a fantastic story worth listening too whether it's true or not. It gets really freaky when they get to the second hole and decide to lower a sheep down into it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voyager1
reply to post by DisasterButton

I had just mentioned this Dyatlov story to a lad today. Its disappointing that there are no real answers for the 3 severely injured people and no explanation of the radioactive clothes. And the missing tongue doesn't seem to be in line with the no soft tissue damage to the other severely injured people. I suppose it might be possible in the misery of freezing to death to bite ones own tongue off? It doesn't all add up that's for sure.

It just makes no sense! Perhaps that is why I stay so intrigued. I do love a good mystery, as unnerving as it is. I have heard quite a few theories about the absence of soft tissue damage - the most interesting being that the injuries were sustained prior to being "dropped" to their final locations. Very odd stuff indeed. I doubt we will ever make sense of it.

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by Voyager1

In the case of the missing tongue, my first thought was perhaps an animal might have eaten it.. i've heard of that happening before.

As for the radiation and internal damage, I have absolutely no clue.. it's odd that the government investigated this, locked away the files for years.. then when they released the documents, they released them with some missing.

An animal would make sense, but there was absolutely no damage done to the face or lips - strange! So much is missing from the story, yet at the same time, I want to believe that it is somehow right in front of our eyes. Guess we will never know. muahahaha.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
My newest and favorite conspiracy is one I came across on the recent thread about Dr. Peter Beter by NoRegretsEver, where he linked this page www.wanttoknow.info... which kept me occupied for quite a few hours reading about conspiracies of world events during the 70's and 80's. I wouldn't doubt some of the conspiracies in that reading as being fact.

Second to that thread would be another recent thread about much of today's news being faked, In this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join