It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your "favorite" conspiracy theory, unsolved mystery or urban legend?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm coming to the end of my "Staycation" that I've been on since the 21st and in that time I've been watching documentaries, reading books and browsing youtube for interesting topics.

Do you have a particular favorite mystery? conspiracy theory? paranormal topic? urban legend?

And if you do, do you also have a favorite documentary about it? =) I'm looking for material to keep me occupied for my last few days off.

I recently watched a youtube series about S4 and Area 51 which I thought was pretty interesting

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

great question!
There are so many intriging subjects, but i would have to say my fav topic is UFO/ET
I also love ancient mysteries and lost civilistaions.

i'll get back to you with some links of videos I enjoy.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

Ancient mysteries are great.. it's interesting to think that the ancients were probably FAR more advanced than we think they were.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My newest interest is the Black Eyed Kids. Link Urban legend, maybe. Something about it gives me chills though. Very creepy from some of the stuff I have read here and elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
CIA Drug Ops Conspiracy-Unaired Documentary-Full Length
I love me a good conspiracy documentary. Found this one on YouTube killing time. I didn’t see it here on ATS but thought it belonged sorry if it’s a repost star and flag please.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I have read up on them before and saw threads here and there talking about them, I for some reason just don't buy into it that much but I am very admittedly a hardcore skeptic .. My approach to any paranormal/supernatural topic is that it's most likely not true and has a mundane, normal explanation and then I look for supporting evidence that might change my mind.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

One of my favorites is about disappearances.Not of single people but entire groups of people. Here's a good place to start not sure if there are any in depth videos though, it only got a 15 min blurb on Unsolved Mysteries and the only reason I even heard of it was that.
Powhatan and the Roanoke Settlers:
Source
edit on 29-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: fix paragraph

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hey there! One unsolved mystery that keeps me researching still is the Dyatlov Pass Incident. If you haven't heard of it, check it out. There are quite a few threads about it here on ATS that are informative/factual.

Wiki page - en.wikipedia.org...

Its an incredibly fascinating and most certainly creepy event that chills me to the bone to just think about!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

One of my favorites is about disappearances.Not of single people but entire groups of people. Here's a good place to start not sure if there are any in depth videos though, it only got a 15 min blurb on Unsolved Mysteries and the only reason I even heard of it was that.
Powhatan and the Roanoke Settlers:
Source
edit on 29-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: fix paragraph

That is an interesting topic indeed... I miss unsolved mysteries, and the show Sightings .. wish they would make a come back!

I'll check this out

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DisasterButton

I'd forgotten all about that event, I have heard of it but never really did much in depth research.. thank you for this one =)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here is a good one.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisasterButton
Hey there! One unsolved mystery that keeps me researching still is the Dyatlov Pass Incident. If you haven't heard of it, check it out. There are quite a few threads about it here on ATS that are informative/factual.

Wiki page - en.wikipedia.org...

Its an incredibly fascinating and most certainly creepy event that chills me to the bone to just think about!

Oh yeah that's a good one, too.

And very chilling in many ways!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Yea I will admit that the fact that the bek thing is a more modern thing that the internet has blown up. Still I wonder how much truth is in there. I mean actual encounters, even if only 10% are true that makes it intriguing.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Dean Koontz wrote a book many years ago about mass disappearances, I think it was called "Phantoms" if my memory is correct.
It was a fiction story, but he added some true story's at the end of the book. Very fasinating.
www.deankoontz.com...

Im going to try and find the book now.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Cryptozoology, namely Sasquatch/Skunk Ape/"insert other names", big cats(showing up in odd places) chupacabra and the like and some of the obscures/lesser known even. My beginning into mysteries(then further conspiracies to urban legends) was interested as a child in cryptozoologic creatures followed closely by the paranormal. Coming close in second would be Ancient Civilizations. I'm still worn out on the UFO/Alien research that I've done in the past, but look into it sometimes. Paranormal, while it would normally be my first choice or close to, I am also skeptical of many claims.
edit on 29-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: more

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Recently i have been fasinated in the MKULTRA conspiracy, after watching a doco on Ursula and Sabina Eriksson, the crazy Swedish twins.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DisasterButton

I had just mentioned this Dyatlov story to a lad today. Its disappointing that there are no real answers for the 3 severely injured people and no explanation of the radioactive clothes. And the missing tongue doesn't seem to be in line with the no soft tissue damage to the other severely injured people. I suppose it might be possible in the misery of freezing to death to bite ones own tongue off? It doesn't all add up that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

In the case of the missing tongue, my first thought was perhaps an animal might have eaten it.. i've heard of that happening before.

As for the radiation and internal damage, I have absolutely no clue.. it's odd that the government investigated this, locked away the files for years.. then when they released the documents, they released them with some missing.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I've always loved the story of Mel's hole. I mean what's not to like about a bottomless hole? From the original hole to the discovery of a second hole near an indian reservation, this story is just great!

melshole.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
I've always loved the story of Mel's hole. I mean what's not to like about a bottomless hole? From the original hole to the discovery of a second hole near an indian reservation, this story is just great!

melshole.org...

Never heard of it before.. I just checked the site.. a little discouraging when I read the update

Some folks on message boards and blogs are linking to this website claiming that the story of Mel's Hole is verified and true, simply because this site exists and the story was broadcast on national radio. I would like to stress that to date, no verifiable evidence has ever come to light proving the existence of the holes, or of Mel Waters himself. Numerous searches have been led by interested parties seeking to locate the Ellensburg hole, with no success. None of the details in either hole story have been verified.

Please, enjoy these broadcasts and the story they contain—they're incredibly entertaining—but take them with a healthy dose of skepticism. It's unwise to simply believe something that someone tells you, especially when they don't offer any evidence to back it up. The true path to enlightenment begins by seeking knowledge that is sound, rational and evidence-based.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join