It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy September 11th!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Happy September 11th!

It's that time of the year again. The September 11th holiday. It only makes me wonder one thing. Why is 9/11 such a dark occasion? If I asked you what the most joyous holiday was, almost everyone would agree that it is Christmas. Christmas is the remembrance Christ's birth, who was brutaly crucified for our sins. It is a yearly holiday where families spend time together, and give one-another presents. Children are raised to remember Christmas as a joyous occasion. They are shown wrapped gifts and are forced to anxiously wait to the actual day, so they can open their �Christmas gifts.�

September 11th was a sorrow-filled day for the entire nation, and for many throughout the world. Why should it be equally filled with sorrow on the anniversaries of the day? Should we not celebrate the freedom and liberty with have? Give me gifts I say! This may just be one man�s selfish attempt to get another cool holiday, but I say to you, it is just!

Happy 9/11 to all, and to all a good night!

[edit on 9-9-2004 by JabbaOnTheDais]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JabbaOnTheDais
Christmas is the remembrance of the crucifixion of Christ.

Wait...What??

Im atheist and even know what Christmas was about...His BIRTH!!! Not his Death.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

My brain's on crack.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
yeah dude, you screwed that one up a bit with the whole cruxifixion eh?

but We're having a show tomorrow (september 10th) in which we are honoring the terrorist of the year. (call us evil, eh)

And I feel aboslutely horrible for saying this, but this is the internet...none of you know what I look like or how to beat me up eh....but does anyone else feel like it's just another day? Oh yeah, thousands of innocent people were slaughtered on this day a few years back. It affected the whole country. the world is in shambles. we are at war.......how is this supposed to change MY life?

I know i sound like an arrogant bastard..but its true. for alot of us...its just another day.

and i feel horrible for feeling nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Happy 9/11 to all, and to all a good night!

thank you, happy 9/11 to you too. i will raise my glass three times, at the times that the 3 planes hit

[edit on 9-9-2004 by Ashlar]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

My brain's on crack.

Yeah, we'd have to do something more along the lines of Easter. Like hide WMD's in the backyard and send in a couple hundred thousand kids to find them. The joke being, there are none.

Happy 9/11 everybody!

top topics

join