It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illusion of Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The Illusion of Freedom

Deceive, Divert, Distract, Divide and Direct

5. Deceive - Tell them that they are free and show it by differentiating from previous forms of control.
People are no longer bound by Kings and Queens and are instead allowed to decide who should lead them. A country for the people run by the people.

4. Divert - Generate fear from outside forces while promoting the idea of protection by internal forces as a distraction to direct focus elsewhere.
War, terror, disease, weather, etc.

3. Distract - Allow them to have more than they need while leaving them wanting more than they have.
If I were a slave I wouldn't be able to own a home and have 3 flat screen TVs?

2. Divide - Create divisions among the people as a distraction and hinderance to united ressistance.
Republicans vs. Democrats

1. Direct - Manipulate their thoughts using censorship of information through the modes by which they receive their news and entertainment.
The mainstreem media. This one is important because it appears they slipped up and the internet is threatening this very necessary step. Their solution to this problem...the numerous bills going through congress to limit the expanse of the internet under the subjects of defending information from hackers and copyright protection.

Note: This is just something I've been wanting to write out for a while because it's crossed my mind a few times. I imagine the methods of controlling people had to adapt with everything else.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

They use other illusions as well. Like the illusion of justice. The illusion of fairness. The illusion of morality. The illusion of representative government.
The matrix is breaking down, however. They are naked now, and their actions are transparent if their words are not.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
As the late great Bill Hicks once said ~ "If you think you're free, try going somewhere without money."

Truer words I reckon.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Freedom of choice, good video from Mr Carlin. Its kinda funny but really true.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Wow, brilliant bit and the message is so beyond true.

Also, great thread and OP. Really pinpoints the delusion we're in.

So do we just watch the freak show and comment on it, or do something?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I love Carlin, tyvm for the related video!

top topics

join