It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signature and Avatar Size(s)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I find myself leaving ATS for long periods of time, then coming back, and things being different. One of these things is most often the size of Avatars and that of Signatures. And, I dont if its just me, I have a hard time finding what the Maximum Resolution for either of those. If one of you wonderful members on here could help, I would be very gracious. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Edit to add: I really like your avatar & signature!

This is what I found in the "member center" for avatar guidelines.

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size)

No profanity. No 3rd party advertising for any website(s).

No images that are similar to, or mimic any official ATS staff, FSME, reward, or other images used by ATS to designate special status without prior permission from me, SkepticOverlord, or Springer.

Signatures:

A maximum of five lines of text, with any graphic image counting as one line (only one image is allowed).

No advertising of your personal or other websites until you have been a contributing member for at least 6 months. All URLs must be approved by an ATS Administrator or Site Owner prior to display.

edit on 12/29/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well thank you Sir! Or..Mam!
That answered at least of half of it. Now if only i knew the size of the Signature...My image editing software, being lame as it is, deals in pixels instead of amounts of lines of text. I know, its pretty old school.
But, thanks again anyway!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Im a new member,and I edited and resized everything on Paint on my computer.On the bottom left of Paint it shows how many pixels the image is.Also when your Selecting and resizing it also shows how many pixels the Selected area is..pretty nifty Microsoft but I still like the Old Paint MS...oh ya and if you got the Old Paint MS Idk if it has that nifty pixel feature

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLife
Well thank you Sir! Or..Mam!
That answered at least of half of it. Now if only i knew the size of the Signature...My image editing software, being lame as it is, deals in pixels instead of amounts of lines of text. I know, its pretty old school.
But, thanks again anyway!

DJ will do. No sir needed.

I'm a graphic designer/web developer myself.
If it's any help to you, the size of my banner in my signature is 468px x 80px.
So, you can feel safe making your banner that size I would think. I've had mine for 6 months or longer.

Hope that helps.
edit on 12/29/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join