It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the European Public Know about it's own Economic Collapse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It seems to me that the majority of Europeans do not even believe that their currency could possibly collapse and they use any bit of good information to justify any good news.

Is this widely true or only among some people.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Probably the same as it is here in America. Most don't understand, most who do don't care for one reason or another, and the rest post on ATS.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am from Europe and I pretty darn well see a very good possibility that 'our' currency can die. For most Eurozone countries (countries that have the €) a lot of inhabitants didn't ask for the Euro. A lot of them wouldn't shed a tear if it went.

I think the 'any good info to justify' you are talking about are nothing more than institutions with interests in Eurozone debt who are trying to goodspeak for their own gain.

People in Europe are fed up with the Eurotocracy...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I don't live in Europe but those politically minded european friends I have are all brainwashed as far as I know. At least we in america admit we are in deep crap

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
ya europe is screwed!! simply put.

and im happy it is, i just feel sorry for the young and old that will suffer from the collapse, i will give a helping hand where i can.

the rest?? well its their own fault for not seeing the wrightings on the walls or turning their backs from it.

i'm as much prepared as financially(unemployed) possible.

bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
It seems to me that the majority of Europeans do not even believe that their currency could possibly collapse and they use any bit of good information to justify any good news.

Is this widely true or only among some people.

I would actually say that from my own perception at least, those in the Euro are well aware of what's happening, even though their media is not reporting the facts.

Those in the UK and the USA seem to be primarily living in lala land, swallowing the BS of their media.

It looks to me that most media outlets are being manipulated to highlight and simplify positive news and over-complicate and "jargonize" bad news.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

I'm actually of a similar mindset. I have rent to pay, but that's pretty much it. I operate some online business, and it gathers enough income for me to comfortably live and save at the moment. I'm able to stock up on the things I need when I have to.

I think we need an economic collapse. We need an event to teach kids the value of money and work. We need an event to remind people what is actually important in life. We need something to get rid of the mega-rich, and I hope this does it!

Also, I really, really, really hope (and I know a lot of people will not like me saying this) that the property market in the UK COMPLETELY collapses, to the point where a single young man can actually AFFORD his own home without getting into a marriage of convenience or knocking some girl up!

Millions of people here have been artificially inflating the housing market for decades, pricing out the next generation for nothing but their own greed. I just want a place to live in for the rest of my life, and I don't care if I don't make a profit from it, I just don't want to have to spend 90% of my income for the next 30 years (if I could even get a mortgage) on just having a roof over my head!

new topics

top topics

join