It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most interesting UFO Documentary I have ever seen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have been a 'believer' in the UFO phenomenon for quite some time. Because of this, I always wondered why we (humans) have never made open contact with an advanced alien race.

In my mind, I figured it was because mankind as a whole is very spiritually ignorant. After all, the majority of our race still adhere to dogmatic religions to the point of self-destruction.

I thought if Aliens were so far ahead of us technologically, they must also be more spiritually advanced.

While I still think benevolent, advanced species must necessarily exist, it had never occurred to me that perhaps there are other groups that, while more technologically advanced, lack the emotions / spirituality inherent in man.

The following video series completely changed my point of view. The creator does an excellent job collaborating credible sources and testimonies, and has completely changed my viewpoint on what these 'visitors' may be up to.

I did a search, but apologies if this has already been posted.

Without further adieu...

edit on 29-12-2011 by ddaniel because: typo

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Lots of people dislike Greer so expect "lost all credibility" posts.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Lots of people dislike Greer so expect "lost all credibility" posts.

Please refresh my memory, why do people dislike Greer?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Nobody knows about any kind of contact whatsoever except those who say they did, and they are just about as random a bunch you could wish for, from lumberjacks to a prime minister's wife. The irony in what you say, is that the most celebrated mass open contacts with aliens could well have been the foundations of many religions in themselves. The chicken and the egg.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Did you watch it? It's far from pro-Greer. Quite the contrary...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

I did a search, but apologies if this has already been posted.

what did you search on ? I did a search on "UFOs, Aliens, and the Question of Contact" and found these as the first 2 results

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But we have all made duplicate posts from time to time.

All in all not a great video in my view, its not a true documentary. Its all theory and no content. A narrative played over clips from Hollywood movies and other peoples documentary's. I wonder if this guy has permission to use all the copyrighted clips?

edit on 29-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Downloading all of these video's at the moment.. hopefully they're decent.

Cheers for the links.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Violence

You could just download the one main video so you don't have to be bothered watching a bunch of clips.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Apparently i'm not very good at using the search feature, don't know how I screwed that up.

Sorry guys. I don't start topics often.

I still think the videos (or video lol, thank you ludshed) are worth giving a watch.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ddaniel because: i'm 3/4 retard

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed
reply to post by Violence

You could just download the one main video so you don't have to be bothered watching a bunch of clips.
www.youtube.com...

Oh for christ sake. Couldn't you just U2U the OP instead of trying to make him look foolish? Good lord.

For what it's worth, I like it BETTER in parts. And if I want to watch it all at once, I could opt to watch it off a playlist.

OP. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Dear lord, you get your panties in a bunch much? I took the time to find one single vid for the people like myself who don't like watching in parts and then shared that with you. If the op didn't take offense, because there was none meant, then maybe you should find more constructive ways of wasting our time.

On topic, the guy at 9 minutes in is wearing that same aircraft pin as Georgio "the hair" from ancient aliens.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

the guy at 9 minutes in is wearing that same aircraft pin as Georgio "the hair" from ancient aliens.

Haha nice, I hadn't noticed that. I love me some Georgio...

edit on 29-12-2011 by ddaniel because: img

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Dear lord, you get your panties in a bunch much? I took the time to find one single vid for the people like myself who don't like watching in parts and then shared that with you. If the op didn't take offense, because there was none meant, then maybe you should find more constructive ways of wasting our time.

On topic, the guy at 9 minutes in is wearing that same aircraft pin as Georgio "the hair" from ancient aliens.

I guess I read it with an 'attitude' that might not have been present.
I apologize.
I thought you were mocking OP and saying that with a sarcastic undertone. And without anything positive within your post, I thought you were ragging on the OP.
So I'm sorry.

I think that's why ATS implores us to say something 'nice' so a general tune can be picked up. We lose a lot of inflection sometimes within our posts.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
thank you so much for this, it has opened my mind greatly

once agin thank you for sharing, =]

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It was alright I guess, I fell asleep during it because I'm not really interested in Alien abductions.

But cheers nonetheless!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, it definitely fed my conspiracy and aliens for th day

It also brought me to think about Greer being the disinfo or misinfo which I hadn't seen in that way, I just though he was misguided, or lucky enough to meet these so called benevolent ones.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
A very interesting film, but I have a number of issues with it. I think enough evidence, if you could call it that, points to the existence of inimical forces. I suspect that this film has gotten at least part of the story right. There's stuff out there that have been milking us for millennia, getting fat off our misery. There's clearly involvement on multiple levels - non-physical of a certainty, and possibly physical. Religion, for all it mouths about goodness and love, generally results in hatred and destruction, and often seems to be pushed by invisible agendas. I think this film has that right.

But the conclusion of the film - that we humans have to somehow lift ourselves up by our own bootstraps - is profoundly flawed. For once, if, as the film tries to establish, the malevolent forces masquerade as good forces, can modify our perceptions of reality, and can basically mind**** us so that we believe anything they want us to, how precisely are we supposed to discern 'the truth' as we are invited to do? For all we know, any attempts to discern the truth will produce results that the evil overlords want us to see, rather than any such thing as a real objective truth. I think it's blasé and arrogant to suggest that if we just 'try hard enough' we will magically sort our way through the lies and misinformation and outright manipulation, particularly when we live in a society where it is becoming LESS easy to find information, rather than more. It's become excruciatingly easy to find misinformation. Information, not so much. And we cannot look at anything like this objectively - we are human and subject to human psychological processes, as the film likes to remind us - and are entirely subject to pollution of the truth via hope and fear. We cannot escape that no matter how hard we try.

The involvement of potential benevolent beings is likewise a quandary, which is one thing I agree with this film on. Anything coming in to 'help' us may very well be coming in under false pretenses. It's not beyond human tactics to stage false rescue missions; it's certainly not beyond the tactics of things more experienced than us, particularly those experienced as intrigue as would be suggested by the history of the hostiles. But at the same time, I disagree with the film in that other life forms out there might actually care about humans. It's not a logical sequitur that just because many of us don't care about the fate of the animals our neighbours eat, other beings don't care about us meat popsicles (clearly the makers of this film have never heard of animal rights activists). Nor is it the inescapable conclusion that neutral or benevolent beings would just leave us to our own devices, particularly when we are stuck in a logic trap so neatly designed that there is no way for us to extricate ourselves of our own devices. Our situation here is like the mentally ill person on the street panhandling and abusing substances. Many of us will just walk on by, but there will be those who will want to help. And that person on the street will never improve unless something or someone intervenes, if only to spur them to help themselves. If benevolents exist, we need them to step in, or we become doomed to a hell on earth. They can consider me as formally appealing for help, on behalf of all of us mentally damaged humans on this planet.

More and more of us have the feeling that things are coming to a head, and soon. What will the future bring? I don't know. I do know that I will not mindlessly sit here and hope, but if I see a way in which I can act to bring about a positive future for this planet and the humans on it, I will act. Even if all I can do is make noises on the internet like the rest of us here. I believe I came here as something not human, in order to be human, and work from within to help bring about a better future. Even if all I am is a delusional nut, I'm going to do what I can to help.
edit on 29-12-2011 by errihu because: just because I'm a starseed doesn't mean I can grammar lol

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel

the guy at 9 minutes in is wearing that same aircraft pin as Georgio "the hair" from ancient aliens.

Haha nice, I hadn't noticed that. I love me some Georgio...

edit on 29-12-2011 by ddaniel because: img
ha,ha he always looks like he just blew in from the dessert

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Thank you very much for your post! I haven't seen this one yet. I just made a thread a few days ago that chronicled a lot of different ufo documentaries, and this one was not in it!
I've never even heard of this...sooo, thanks again!
Star and Flag to you OP!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Because he carried around a picture of a Moth stating that it was an Alien Being. MMN has many posts here on this board regarding Greer among many others.

Greer is a con artist in other words.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join