It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

No I don't believe that, Genesis was written by Moses and there is no truth to be found in the Quran. God does not make cosmic “mistakes”, those who think that haven't studied the bible well enough. God does not change His mind, nor is there ever a reason for God to “repent”. You have simply misunderstood the verse and used it to your advantage to try and promote the lies the Quran. I encourage you study the bible further and you will see the light in Gods preserved truth.

If God doesn't make mistakes, then everything Mankind has done to piss him off has been planned. It's like rigging a red light to never turn green, while a police officer (God) sits behind a bush and waits for people to either run the red light or abandon their cars in the road to find food or use the restroom. Both are illegal, however to punish someone for either of these actions is entrapment. Understand?
Either God is fallible for not creating a light that turns green, or he's an a$$hole.

edit on 31-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Big Bang is a scientific theory that's never be proven and I do not believe in it. I believe God made the universe with his word.

"Find me one - and I mean ONE - claim in the Qur'an from the field of science, math, biology, hydrology, embriology, whatever - which is not in accordance with the modern science.

The Bible accurately records actual people, places and events, the Quran is a jumbled up mess.

Here's some quotes from some scholars:

Need I go on? The Quran is a messed up fraud.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Stop copy & pasting other peoples thoughts!

Are you so weak, such a coward to have an opinion of your own?

So low! So low! So low!

You are not able to write something yourself, to use that brain of yours, so you copy stuff from any other people about something.

Deal you yourself with those 3 scientific phenomena.

The first one (Big Bang, mentioned in the Qur'an) you dismissed. As I expected from a close minden bigot like you.

What about the 2 others. You will also dismiss that the universe is expanding, as Qur'an and science attest?

You will also dismiss that iron came from meteorites, as Qur'an and science attest?

I pity you.
edit on 31/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Find me one - and I mean ONE - claim in the Qur'an from the field of science, math, biology, hydrology, embriology, whatever - which is not in accordance with the modern science.

Just one.

Go on. Shoot.

And We have (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with lamps,
and we have made such (Lamps as) missiles to drive away Satans, ...
-- Sura 67:5

so what do i win?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Lol. Starred

2nd

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
The problem seems to be that here you have Christians in this corner, and non-Christians and anti-Christians in that corner. ....

Actually I believe 3 of the 4 who have answered the question are christian.

And so far the tally stands at

2 - the flood was local
2 - the flood was global

I'm also very curious to know everyone point of view on the other claim about the flood.
I was told, in a post on this thread, there were only 40 animals on the arc.

How could there be only 40? That would mean there are only 20 different species of animal on this planet.

Lets take this back a few thousand years. First of all, Take all of the sea animals out. Salt water and fresh water are hard to mix, so salt and fresh water animals could have survived. Second, the land animals wouldn't be as diverse as today. Noah only needed to take one of each Kind onto the ark, back That taken into concideration, there would have been far fewer species of animals to have to carry. All dingos, wolves, dogs, and other canines would have been taken care of by one breeding pair. Once the ark landed and the animals were set free, the conditions would have been perfect for accelerated breeding. Also, genetic evidence suggests that the entire human species was brought down to a number less than 100 indivuals about ten thousand years ago, so in reality, there is more evidence FOR Noah's ark than against it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

Find me one - and I mean ONE - claim in the Qur'an from the field of science, math, biology, hydrology, embriology, whatever - which is not in accordance with the modern science.

Just one.

Go on. Shoot.

And We have (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with lamps,
and we have made such (Lamps as) missiles to drive away Satans, ...
-- Sura 67:5

so what do i win?

Can you PROVE scientifically, that meteorites on their way do not come in contact with energy or energy beings for that matter (which Jinns are)?

Your turn.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

To point out he is a born again Christian and doesn't know alot about the bible only what he reads on Christian websites.
He doesnt answer any of my posts because he said jealousy wasn't in the 10 commandments, I called him out on this so he edited his post and just called me a Troll.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
The problem seems to be that here you have Christians in this corner, and non-Christians and anti-Christians in that corner. ....

Actually I believe 3 of the 4 who have answered the question are christian.

And so far the tally stands at

2 - the flood was local
2 - the flood was global

I'm also very curious to know everyone point of view on the other claim about the flood.
I was told, in a post on this thread, there were only 40 animals on the arc.

How could there be only 40? That would mean there are only 20 different species of animal on this planet.

Lets take this back a few thousand years. First of all, Take all of the sea animals out. Salt water and fresh water are hard to mix, so salt and fresh water animals could have survived. Second, the land animals wouldn't be as diverse as today. Noah only needed to take one of each Kind onto the ark, back That taken into concideration, there would have been far fewer species of animals to have to carry. All dingos, wolves, dogs, and other canines would have been taken care of by one breeding pair. Once the ark landed and the animals were set free, the conditions would have been perfect for accelerated breeding. Also, genetic evidence suggests that the entire human species was brought down to a number less than 100 indivuals about ten thousand years ago, so in reality, there is more evidence FOR Noah's ark than against it.

This is getting good, 10000 years? hold on I thought the earth was only 6000 years old hahahaha
True about the human race thing though but that was due to the harsh conditions of the Ice age.
edit on 31-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Also, mentioning real places in the bible is not proof it's a true story. That would be like; 2,000 years from now people tell stories of the great war with the machines, and the rise of the great Messiah John Connor. They'll know the story is true because, 1.) it was written about by the apostle James, and 2.) there is evidence that Los Angeles was, in fact, a real city.

eta> Thanks for adding me as a respected foe. I just got the message (2 in fact, which means you hit the button twice. You must really really mean it). I feel privileged.
edit on 31-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm not going to bother arguing with you on new years eve about the accuracy of the Qur'an. You know its a fraud just as well as I do. Just aslong as your aware the God of the Qu'ran is not the God of the bible, or the universe. So you are worshiping a false deity.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I'm not going to bother arguing with you on new years eve about the accuracy of the Qur'an. You know its a fraud just as well as I do. Just aslong as your aware the God of the Qu'ran is not the God of the bible, or the universe. So you are worshiping a false deity.

You are such an arrogant piece of work, you know that?

You refuse to even read the book, and dismiss it. You close your mind.

You are what is wrong with this world.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

You forgot one problem. If the Flood was local, God would have repeatedly broken His promise never to send such a flood again.

Orrrrrr... "God" didn't create the flood (in the way you invision it)... and it's just a story. The only true evidence to ever surface about a flood (pun intended) came from a Tel Aviv University research team who discovered proof of massive aquatic activity in the Mediterranean Sea that "closely" corresponds with the Noah timeline. However, it is unclear if that activity was the result of a flood or tsunami, though the core sample sediments show that the waters were extremely fast moving which closely resembles the activity of tsunamis and not flooding. The affected area was massive, not unlike the massive flooding seen in the Middle East last year, but still localized.

If the Flood was local, how could the waters rise to 15 cubits (8 meters) above the mountains (Genesis 7:20)? Water seeks its own level. It couldn’t rise to cover the local mountains while leaving the rest of the world untouched.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Notice how he smiles when he says that? like he enjoys saying that he is right and you are wrong....
Boy Jesus would have a field day with this guy.
I agree His type is the problem to many problems in the world....Ignorant, bigoted and self centered.
Yes Iam talking about Rev Gen

edit on 31-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Trust me I know and it appears you do to. When you ask God to start revealing all of your sins it can be quite astounding. You see willful sin is the sin that you do not out a reaction but something that you think about, no its a sin, and continue to do it anyway. If I know that lying is a sin, I think about the lie I am going to tell and tell it anyway that is willful. If someone asks how's my day and I give it no though and say fine, even though I'm having a bad day, I have reacted according to my human nature. This is not willful sin.

So you see anything that you give thought to, realize that it is a sin and do it anyway. All other sin is reacting according to our human nature. Or it is even possible for us to commit sin that we are unaware is sin, still not willful. We should try to eliminate all willful sin. And if possible we should try and controll I reactions so that we can eliminate as much reactionary sin as possible. I don't know if it is possible to eliminate non willful sin but we should do our best.

I hope that you understand that I am not an anyway saying that Grace is not enough. But the bible just doesn't stop there. We are called to represent Christ in the best way that we can. If we listen to the Holy Spirit like you have about Judgment than we know we have God as our guide.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Rev Gen has just proved so many of the OP's thread....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It's that Christian Artogance for you. When people have their head up their ass you cant ague with them.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I refuse to read it for the following reasons, if you can refute each of these I may consider reading it:

1) The Koran (Qu'ran) is a terrorist manual which condones fighting, conflict, terror, slaughter, and genocide against those who do not accept Islam; The Bible is a missionary manual to spread the gospel of peace to all the world (Romans 10:15).
2) Muhammad was a sinner.
3) Muhammad would spit so followers could smear it on their faces.
4) Muhammad gets the Bible all wrong.
5) I don't worship false Gods, I worship the true living God YHWH. I have nothing to learn from Alah.
6) The Quran is a messed up fraud.
7) Muhammad was a thug.
8) Muhammad stole his son's wife.
9) Mohammed ordered death to the Jews
10) The Koran says, "I will inspire terror into the hearts of unbelievers" (Qu'ran 8.12); God inspires His terror into the hearts of believers (Isaiah 8:13).
11) There is no love in Islam - Only fear and hate.

The arrogance is with you my friend, you do not even know what's in your own book. Yet you believe it blindly because you heard some "inspiring" verses (which you put in your sig).

Tip: Try looking a bit deeper into the texts of the Qu'ran you will see it for the evil it is.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You said :

Just one.

ok

Can you PROVE scientifically, that meteorites on their way do not come in contact with energy or energy beings for that matter (which Jinns are)?
Your turn.

Easy – science doesn’t do jinn's or satan’s ect so I win

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

You said :

Just one.

ok

Your turn.

Easy – science doesn’t do jinn's or satan’s ect so I win

Haha, ok. But if you would have a scientific open mind, you would indeed consider the possibility that there are energies, and there could be energy beings, even intelligent ones in the universe. That is what the Jinns are.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Muhammad is the "prophet" of Islam. At age 40 he claimed that he was a prophet and apostle (he took these terms from the Bible. They had no history in Arabian religion). The Quran gives four conflicting accounts of how he was called to be a prophet--(1) In Suras 53:2-18 and 81:19-24, Allah personally appeared. (2) In Suras 16:102 and 26:192-194 he was called by "the Holy Spirit". (3) In Sura 15:8 the angels announced his prophetic ministry; and , (4) The angel Gabriel told him of his ministry and hands him the Quran.

Who were Muhammad's first supposed converts? Genies! Yes, Muhammad supposedly preached to and converted genies in Suras 46:29-35; 72:1-28. How convenient that there was no one around to confirm his prophethood.

You believe in this stuff?

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join