It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

You forgot one problem. If the Flood was local, God would have repeatedly broken His promise never to send such a flood again.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

You forgot one problem. If the Flood was local, God would have repeatedly broken His promise never to send such a flood again.

Are you talking about that same God (according to Bible) who also "repented to have created mankind" and this is WHY he decided to flood them. I am quoting your scripture here.

God repented.

Really now?

He REPENTED?!

He is ALL KNOWING - he would have KNOWN what men would do - how can he repent?!!

Do you see now, that this was written by some priests hundreds of years later (after Moses) who wrote this incorporating THEIR OWN HUMAN VIEW about him - thus presenting a God who "repents", "forgets", "doesn't know everything" and even gets tired after creating the universe so he has to "rest" on the seventh day!

God has to "rest"?

Really?

Check this out:

And certainly We created the heavens and the earth and what is between them in six periods and there touched Us not any fatigue. - 50:38

This verse was revealed as a direct answer to the blunder of the Bible that he was tired and needed a rest on the 7th day,

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

No I don't believe that, Genesis was written by Moses and there is no truth to be found in the Quran. God does not make cosmic “mistakes”, those who think that haven't studied the bible well enough. God does not change His mind, nor is there ever a reason for God to “repent”. You have simply misunderstood the verse and used it to your advantage to try and promote the lies the Quran. I encourage you study the bible further and you will see the light in Gods preserved truth.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

He made a mistake when making us didn't he? just ask my kidney stone I thought I had passed but now I have another lol
If he was employed to design us he would have been fired

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

No I don't believe that, Genesis was written by Moses and there is no truth to be found in the Quran. God does not make cosmic “mistakes”, those who think that haven't studied the bible well enough. God does not change His mind, nor is there ever a reason for God to “repent”. You have simply misunderstood the verse and used it out of context. I encourage you to study it further and you will see the light in Gods truth.

Oh I like this.

So, there is no truth to be found in the Qur'an you say?

Big Bang:

Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? - 21:30

Expansion of the universe:

And it is We who have built the universe with power; and, verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it. - 51:47

Origin of Iron from space:

and We sent down iron, in which is (material for) mighty war, as well as many benefits for mankind. 57:25

Shall I go on?

Or do you want to counteract with "then it was evening, then it was morning, the first day" (before the creation of sun, which would be created days later)

Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Dude you will realize that RevGen and his pals take everything in the bible as fact, yes they are that blind.
It is good to know there are Christians who believe that evolution/big bang etc can work in hand in hand with the Christian faith.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The problem seems to be that here you have Christians in this corner, and non-Christians and anti-Christians in that corner. They throw punches wildly, most of the time never hitting the other. It's a veritable game of ping pong that has been going on and will always go on as long as there are differences of opinion.

There's nothing particularly wrong with that, I suppose, but I don't happen to engage in argument or debate over religious matters. I speak of what I know, and if I'm wrong, I'll happily look at why I'm wrong and, if justified, will accept the fact that I was way off. But nothing yet has unwavered my beliefs, because while faith is a warm blanket, the only way to endure and become strengthened is weathering the cold.
edit on 31-12-2011 by ManjushriPrajna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Maybe you should read some of the strange tenants of Islam.

Such as If you pee on yourself you go to hell, yet Muhammad ordered people to drink camel's milk and urine!

Majority of people in hell are women (vol. 1, nos. 28, 301; vol. 2, no. 161)

Stars created by Allah to throw at devils as missiles.

Anyone who leaves Islam must be killed (vol. 4, no. 260).

Muhammad supposedly had the sexual strength of 30 men.

Muhammad was superstitious and was afraid that evil spirits might enter his body while urinating or defecating. He was also afraid of a strong wind, and kissed and adored black stone in the Kabah. Muhammad thought that placing a green palm leaf on grave of the dead would lesson their pain as they died, and said clean your private parts with an odd number of stones. Believed that Jews were transformed into rats (vol. 4, nos. 524, 569 and chap. 32) and magic.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Oh please I could list many many quotes in the bible as well, which sound absurd and stupid/or out of date...do you want me to?
edit on 31-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
The problem seems to be that here you have Christians in this corner, and non-Christians and anti-Christians in that corner. ....

Actually I believe 3 of the 4 who have answered the question are christian.

And so far the tally stands at

2 - the flood was local
2 - the flood was global

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Maybe you should read some of the strange tenants of Islam.

Such as If you pee on yourself you go to hell, yet Muhammad ordered people to drink camel's milk and urine!

Majority of people in hell are women (vol. 1, nos. 28, 301; vol. 2, no. 161)

Stars created by Allah to throw at devils as missiles.

Anyone who leaves Islam must be killed (vol. 4, no. 260).

Muhammad supposedly had the sexual strength of 30 men.

Muhammad was superstitious and was afraid that evil spirits might enter his body while urinating or defecating. He was also afraid of a strong wind, and kissed and adored black stone in the Kabah. Muhammad thought that placing a green palm leaf on grave of the dead would lesson their pain as they died, and said clean your private parts with an odd number of stones. Believed that Jews were transformed into rats (vol. 4, nos. 524, 569 and chap. 32) and magic.

You said "Qur'an" lies - what you are quoting is not Qur'an. Those are saying of men. Men can err. God does not.

Find me one - and I mean ONE - claim in the Qur'an from the field of science, math, biology, hydrology, embriology, whatever - which is not in accordance with the modern science.

Just one.

Go on. Shoot.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Also to make you aware The God of the Quran is not the God of the Bible. There is no love in Islam - Only fear and hate. The true Bible believer is loyal to Jesus Christ purely out of love.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Orrrrrr... "God" didn't create the flood (in the way you invision it)... and it's just a story. The only true evidence to ever surface about a flood (pun intended) came from a Tel Aviv University research team who discovered proof of massive aquatic activity in the Mediterranean Sea that "closely" corresponds with the Noah timeline. However, it is unclear if that activity was the result of a flood or tsunami, though the core sample sediments show that the waters were extremely fast moving which closely resembles the activity of tsunamis and not flooding. The affected area was massive, not unlike the massive flooding seen in the Middle East last year, but still localized.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Also to make you aware The God of the Quran is not the God of the Bible. There is no love in Islam - Only fear and hate. The true Bible believer is loyal to Jesus Christ purely out of love.

They are all Abrahamic religions. Same God, same origin story. Just because you don't agree with it, it doesn't make it any more true.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Spare us this meaningless cut&paste blunders will you?

When you are countered with arguments, it is always the same - you just sprout stuff which has nothing to do with the subject.

You accused Qur'an of lying and "no truth in it".

I quoted you 3 scientific phenomena (Big Bang, Expansion of Universe, Iron) in it.

You did not answer, but twisted (your tactics always) the subject.

Answer those 3 claims first. Then answer my challenge:

"Find me one - and I mean ONE - claim in the Qur'an from the field of science, math, biology, hydrology, embriology, whatever - which is not in accordance with the modern science.

Just one.

Go on. Shoot. "

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

The problem seems to be that here you have Christians in this corner, and non-Christians and anti-Christians in that corner. ....

2 - the flood was local
2 - the flood was global

I'm also very curious to know everyone point of view on the other claim about the flood.
I was told, in a post on this thread, there were only 40 animals on the arc.

How could there be only 40? That would mean there are only 20 different species of animal on this planet.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

It is an attempt to brainwash when they knock on my door and ask me to join their religion.

They don't like it when I answer the door in my pants on a sunday.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

That's a bunch of crap. The Bible is full of repulsive things like saying to kill people who work onSabbeth day, kill disobedient teens, non believers and is very sexist towards women. Is that what we should be teaching kids?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

2 - the flood was local
2 - the flood was global

I'm also very curious to know everyone point of view on the other claim about the flood.
I was told, in a post on this thread, there were only 40 animals on the arc.

How could there be only 40? That would mean there are only 20 different species of animal on this planet.

There are from insects alone, MILLIONS of different species. Which shows my stand that the flood was a local phenomena to be correct. Because he gathered only mates of the animals that were local there.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Big Bang is a scientific theory that's never be proven and I do not believe in it. I believe God made the universe with his word.

"Find me one - and I mean ONE - claim in the Qur'an from the field of science, math, biology, hydrology, embriology, whatever - which is not in accordance with the modern science.

The Bible accurately records actual people, places and events, the Quran is a jumbled up mess.

Here's some quotes from some scholars:

Thomas Carlyle, Scottish Scholar:

"From the literary point of view, the Koran has little merit. Declamation, repetition, puerility, a lack of logic and coherence strike the unprepared reader at every turn. It is humiliating to the human intellect to think that this mediocre literature has been the subject of innumerable commentaries, and that millions of men are still wasting time absorbing it."

Edward Gibbon, Historian:

"The matter of the Koran is exceedingly incoherent and sententious, the book evidently being without any logical order of thought either as a whole or in its parts. This agrees with the desultory and incidental manner in which it is said to have been delivered."

McClintock and Strong's Encyclopedia:

"Unfortunately the Qur'an was badly edited and its contents are very obtusely arranged. All students of the Qur'an wonder why the editors did not use the natural and logical method of ordering by date of revelation..."

Need I go on? The Quran is a messed up fraud.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join