It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Who are my enemies that you mention?

Please, allow me?

These are the ATS members who often disagree with me, but challenge me to think harder and push myself to learn more in my quest to deny ignorance..

kauskau
kro32
Zeer0
annella
RisenAngel77
JayinAR
stevcolx
metalholic
Akragon
jmdewey60
spikey
Logman
nenothtu
Gorman91
SaturnFX
aorAki
Ozvaldo
eatdeath12
iterationzero
autowrench
sarra1833
Elldren
flexy123
Ilyich
GrOuNd_ZeRo
adamjagger11
Ewok_Boba
Wolfenz
NewAgeMan
Eye of Horus
SevenOhhTwo
BruceEFury
LightAssassin
bogomil
TruePatriot1685
g0dhims3lf
RCTD58
UniverSoul
fuzzy0087
Six6Six
dalan.
windword
Minori
IAMIAM
Kingalbrect79
thegagefather
Tripple_Helix
dplum517
Equidae
boymonkey74
Blue Shift
theRhenn
xxblackoctoberxx
dilly1
FugitiveSoul

A rather long list, me thinks. Notice I am on that list of enemies. I still love this lost soul though, even though he seems not to know what that really means.

Just to add Iam on that list and he added me as an enemy, I dont have any

He adds anyone who questions his posts...How very Christian

edit on 31-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

according to my understanding of it, demons are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim and the OT text does say that you should not deliberately contact the dearly departed to speak to you. i am unsure how that applies to the NT though because alot of things changed with the advent of jesus. such as during the transfiguration, jesus spoke to moses, who was definitely dead in the physical sense. there are a few other examples that spring to mind but hubby's pressing me to watch a movie on tv with him, so i'll have to get back to this topic later.

Disembodied or not, that doesn't mean all spirits are "demons", it merely means one should be vigilant when speaking to the dead, which is also common knowledge in pagan practices. This is why the art of "circles" was created. This isn't just a reference to a literal circle, but also the way one speaks to spirits.

Enjoy your movie.
edit on 31-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by autowrench

Well yes. Because it is a general cultural belief that Wicca are satanic. Blame the culture, not the man.

I for one never understood Wicca to begin with. Why fall with mysticism? It's been proven that communal attempts to do "magic" only work because people together generate fabulous overreaction to simple things. Not to insult your beliefs, but science says you're wrong.

Science says they are wrong, then wth is Alchemy??? That's mixing science in with magick.

This is what wikipedia says about Alchemy: en.wikipedia.org...

It is not a general belief that Wiccans are Satanic, because they don't believe in Satan?? How can you be Satanic if you don't believe in that deity?
Mysticism was around way longer than Christianity, there is nothing wrong with mysticism at all, it's the Christians that decided that it is wrong, because it is written in their man made book. Jewish people have mystics and we all know how much the Christians love the Jews, hell they worship their most favorite Jew of all time. Please do research before you spout out your claims.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

"How very Christian"?

Autowrench isn't a Christian, even he'll tell you that. What makes you think he is, especially after reading his posts in this thread right here?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by liliththedestroyer

Agreed. Negative focus breeds negativity, whilst positive attracts positive. These are all Paganistic/Wiccan beliefs, and fringe science is beginning to show these theories to be true.
The Abrahamic religions call this "Prayer", but it's all the same thing.

You light a candle for prosperity and place it on your mantle. Now does the candle actually create wealth? No. What it does do is trigger a subconscious rememberance of "prosperity", which secretly keeps that thought implanted in your mind. Since the mind dictates reality, soon enough, one begins to notice a mild change in income or good fortune (scented candles work the best because they remind you without seeing the candle). Prayer has the same effect. You pray for a loved one to get well. They do. Did "god" handle this miraculous feat, or did the focused thoughts of many loved ones, including the ailing person in question defeat the disease through the power of positive thinking?
New studies in particle movements are beginning to show that even light behaves according to the human mind. Interresting stuff.

And as you said, Alchemy isn't evil, it's the mixing of components to achieve a desired effect. I guess anyone who drinks Kool-aid is going to "hell."

edit on 31-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

really quick, if you read the passages it says
7 clean, male and female = 14.
2 unclean, male and female=4
. and 7 foul, male and female. = 14

so 22 animals
. it wasn't global, it was his barnyard. lol black sea flood. read the text. the word "all' was not in the original hebrew text there

Actually if you add
the answer is not 22

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My bad, I thought it was revgens list, he is the only person I know who has added me as an enemy, thats who Iam talking about.

Edit yes that is Revgens (The brimstone and fire dude) list so I stand by my post.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by boymonkey74

"How very Christian"?

Autowrench isn't a Christian, even he'll tell you that. What makes you think he is, especially after reading his posts in this thread right here?

the post is referring to RevelationGeneration, not Autowrench.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Aeons

Well I'm not really interested to be honest. Aside from what you yourself mentioned, read my aforementioned post. I'm not interested in things that take a long long time to explain and "master" for spiritual matters. Especially things that have to do with magic. Because magic, quite frankly, is stupid. And you'll have to forgive me if you or anyone feels offended. I suppose that's my own prejudice.

I was an atheist for a time. And my mentality from that time is alive and well within the skeptical parts of my mind.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

see this is my point exactly people, this is a robot ^^^ They are trained and programmed to believe in one thing, the minute you throw in something that upsets their programming they simply shut down, or malfunction. This robot is malfunctioning, with the "does not compute". We questioned his believes and he comes back with a childish response of "Magick is stupid" My well my response is why? His response is it takes too long to learn and Spirituality should be simple and easy. If we all took the easy way out well we would be like him.

In Buddhism, it takes a lifetime to reach enlightenment, because it is work. In order to achieve something in life, you have to what? Work at it, then you will be rewarded. Same thing with Spirituality it is work, and it is hard to grasp, the more you look into things, and the more you read the more you will what? Learn! This is the reason why getting into secret socities and into witchcraft is hard, because they expect people to be able to work at it, to read, to search, to learn, with that we gain knowledge, and with that knowledge we acheive enlightenment.

This is why there are mysteries out there, it is for people who search for them. To me knowing and learning makes you a rich person, therefore you may not have money but you will be rich with life!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
My bad, I thought it was revgens list, he is the only person I know who has added me as an enemy, thats who Iam talking about.

Edit yes that is Revgens (The brimstone and fire dude) list so I stand by my post.

There are a lot of personal pronouns used in that post for autowrench to be talking about someone else. "Me", "I".

Why would RevGen say "I AM" on that list, yet I see autowrench's name on the list but not RevGen's name?

Is "me" and "I" the new "you" and "his"???

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
delete
edit on 31-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
WOW!! I see what you did now auto, you copy pasted off his profile the list of people he selected as a "RESPECTED foe" and tried to make that appear as if these people are his "enemies".

Wow, that's pretty low. Since when does disagreeing with someone make them an "enemy"? That's absurd.

edit on 31-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dude that is Rev Gens list he added all those people to his list, I got a mail saying he has added me as an enemy.
You need to ask RevGen why he added so many enemies....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Demonic influence? I have fully explained to you where the ideas of demons came from

And I have already explained where ghosts come from. But you close your ears and refuse to hear what I'm telling you and what the scriptures say.

Grandfather is a demon, would you call your Grandparent a demons if one came to visit you?

Yes because I'm not going to fool for the deception.

I have researched the Bible.

Obviously not...

How do you know who it is you are channelling, and talking with? Even your book say to challenge a Spirit, and if anyone, anything says, "I am Christ," don't believe it. Guess you failed to read that part.

We don't have to channel as we have direct communication with the kingdom thou art in heaven. Also that's not what the bible says and you wouldn't know what that meant ether way.

but a closed mind and a hard heart cannot see anything of a supernatural nature.

I believe in GOD I definitely believe in the supernatural I am Christian. The difference is I understand what certain entity's are unlike you who is obviously fooled into believing demons are your relatives. Ask them did the son of man come in the flesh and rise on the 3rd day, I garuntee they will deny it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I know this is a little bit lazy but what has been said while I was gone. I really don't feel like reading all that.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Again with that Three Males thing.

Who says God is male? Only you.

I have been "born again" so many times I am tired of the whole thing.

No you haven't you are what they call a false convert.

1 John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us."

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Demonic possession is just one big Hoax to me. There's no Physical Evidence when it comes to those things.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by milkyway12

Still put your faith in Yahweh, friend? See, if you studied these matters, it would become clear to you who your Devil really is.

Studied? You didn't read the rest of the page! The Bible here is talking about the Behemoth and the Leviathan which God made. Just go back A HALF A page. Come on, IT'S ON THE SAME PAGE!

Job 40:15 “Look at Behemoth, WHICH I MADE ALONG WITH YOU! Creatures that God had made, not God himself lol.

You probably also don't know that Pslams and Samuel are full of poems written by believers did you?

If you call that "studying" when what you need to answer your question is ON THE SAME PAGE, and you miss it?

That's not called studying. That's called taking it way out of context on purpose to mislead believers. ON PURPOSE?

What you got against this Jesus guy? It's one thing not to believe in him. It's another thing to make stuff up so others don't.

edit on 31-12-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

Yes our friend Autowrench has trouble reading the bible properly. He likes to pick and choose which verses to use to suit his own belief system which is devoid of any truth. He would prefer to listen to the "spirits" that talk to him and believe what they say over what the word of God says.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Coming from a guy who forgot that Jealousy is one of the commandments.....
I dont forget

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dude that is Rev Gens list he added all those people to his list, I got a mail saying he has added me as an enemy.
You need to ask RevGen why he added so many enemies....

I guarantee you that you never got an email that said he selected you as an "enemy". He's selected you as a "respected foe". I have people on my respected foes list, and none of them are my "enemies". We just happen to disagree on one or two issues we've had the occasion to discuss.

Dad is my "respected foe" in regards to discussions about politics. My dad is not my "enemy". For someone to copy/paste a list like that when RevGen asked who his "enemies were" is pretty low class.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join