It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Believe me when I say this; nothing you've expressed has "blown my mind" in such a way that I would have difficulty wrapping my head around any of it.
I've tried it on. I've worn it around the house, and guess what? It still doesn't fit. It's not that I don't understand it. (I typically understand everything). I just don't agree with it... to a degree. Sure it's the basis of color, but it doesn't explain other genetic traits. Anywho...

You can keep your "relationship" with god... I'll continue to be God, and we'll just call it a night. How's that sound?

Very well said, friend. I tried to wear it too, a long time ago. It felt like a sickness to me, an anchor with a chain about my neck, and a fear that felt like a thousand pounds. I am so happy to be free of that self made prison, and glad I have Become, as you have. These people who keep looking out are so empty inside, aren't they? Shouting about a God in Heaven out there somewhere......Brainwashing 101. I know from hard experience, and wish to show it. That was my original intention in creating this thread, to show who was, and who is not Brainwashed. They have more than proven themselves.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ohhh... so you're referring to the Christian phenomenon known as taking words which already have meanings, misinterpreting them and then telling everyone else they're wrong. Okay. We're clear now.

You mean like stauros, hell, sin, repent, church. Got it.

Church, originally kyriakon doma, meant "lord's house" in ancient Greek. I can understand the confusion as Christians regard Christ/God as the Lord, but in those times "Lord" carried a political meaning more than a religious one. If the head of a polis invited you to his home, it would've been known as "kyriakon doma."
Lord meaning "ruler of a household and/or one who guards the loaves." In those times, the local leader/ruler was in charge of looking after the food reserves and protecting them from thieves and marauders.

Church, in the metaphorical representation of people sense, is a prime example of the off-hand implications that get so many Christians painted in a corner.

Take these two phrases:
Ex:A: "I wanted to sleep with my neighbor's wife, but realizing it would be a sin to do so judging by the size of her husband, I repented. I'd hate to go to hell."

Ex:B: "I wanted to sleep with my neighbor's wife, but realizing it would be a mistake to do so judging by the size of her husband, I changed my mind. I'd hate to go to the grave."

The first one sounds more biblical, doesn't it? (makes one think about firey pits, stone tablets, and divine forgiveness) But both sentences are exactly the same when using etymology. The only difference is, when using etymology "God" isn't necessary for the man to still learn the lesson. Karma and "mortal" consequences are enough.

edit on 31-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Who are my enemies that you mention?

Please, allow me?

These are the ATS members who often disagree with me, but challenge me to think harder and push myself to learn more in my quest to deny ignorance..

kauskau
kro32
Zeer0
annella
RisenAngel77
JayinAR
stevcolx
metalholic
Akragon
jmdewey60
spikey
Logman
nenothtu
Gorman91
SaturnFX
aorAki
Ozvaldo
eatdeath12
iterationzero
autowrench
sarra1833
Elldren
flexy123
Ilyich
GrOuNd_ZeRo
adamjagger11
Ewok_Boba
Wolfenz
NewAgeMan
Eye of Horus
SevenOhhTwo
BruceEFury
LightAssassin
bogomil
TruePatriot1685
g0dhims3lf
RCTD58
UniverSoul
fuzzy0087
Six6Six
dalan.
windword
Minori
IAMIAM
Kingalbrect79
thegagefather
Tripple_Helix
dplum517
Equidae
boymonkey74
Blue Shift
theRhenn
xxblackoctoberxx
dilly1
FugitiveSoul

A rather long list, me thinks. Notice I am on that list of enemies. I still love this lost soul though, even though he seems not to know what that really means.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This thread has become more of a success than I originally thought it would, not that I thought it was doomed to fail, but I had no idea that the woodwork would give way to a flood of people lining up to openly prove your point. They have zero evidence of anything they say, yet continue to source the bible as the best witness to the bible's "truth." Epic.
Congratulations.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

oh but it's in there, or i wouldn't be saying it. we are talking about the new testament in this reference. people would go to houses to have a gathering, like we do on ats, and to find common frames of reference with people of equal thoughts like ats, but the church was the body of believers. it didn't matter where they were. and it didn't matter if there was twelve or 20 or 200 or just one (else why would it say you are the temple of god?).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

I have known a few Roman Catholics, even a Priest, and I will admit they are more open about answering questions that a Christian church is. I did not create this thread to be anti-Christian, but just to show the brainwashing techniques used by "Christians" to "save" others from "Hell."

I was raised in a strict Church of God, hellfire and damnation with every sermon, and was taken to "Revival Tent Meetings," which were very popular in those days. I even saw Oral Roberts once.
I also observed how these preachers worked. See, I have the mind of a mechanical engineer. When I observe something, I can see the mechanics of it, what makes it work, and how it works, and what the fuel source is, and what the exhaust looks and smells like.

My own brother was a preacher, went to Divinity College and everything, became very successful. Then, upon a challenge from me, he began a research project on the origins of the Bible. He is no longer a preacher. He explained to me how he was taught to lilt his voice, and wave his hands in a certain way, and how to even hypnotize the congregation to give to the offering plate that came out three times during a service.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Which version of the New Testament? There are many versions. The original NT didn't mention "hell" at all for example, neither is it present in all versions of the NT to this day, but was added to later additions to suit the agenda and motivations of the church. Many other themes and ideas were added to the NT over the years, and many others omitted. This is my point entirely. Christianity is a religion of convenience, using the "word" as it needs in order to gain what it wants, and none of it has to do with saving souls. The Saxons had their version for instance and they injected their own beliefs into the words they translated. So did the Arabic version, the Armenian versions (there are more than one), the Coptic versions (of which there are many), the Ethiopic version, the Georgian version... you get the idea. I could go on for another 20(+) examples.

To this day, there has never been a "perfect" translation of the original Greek New Testament.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

Which version of the New Testament. There are many versions. The original NT didn't mention "hell" at all for example, neither is it present in all versions of the NT to this day, but was added to later additions to suit the agenda and motivations of the church. Many other themes and ideas were added to the NT over the years, and many others omitted. This is my point entirely. Christianity is a religion of convenience, using the "word" as it needs in order to gain what it wants, and none of it has to do with saving souls.
To this day, there has never been a "perfect" translation of the original Greek New Testament.

which version are we talking about that doesn't have hell, cause i'm of the opinion that hell is a definition, one of many, for a place, but not quite what we may have been told it is. for example, i wrote an ebook about hell being the grave, the local refuse pile outside the city gates, hades, the lake of fire, etc and attributed it to the bottomless pit in revelation 9, which is the abyss, which relates back to the abzu of enki, the nun of the egyptians...et al, a black hole of some kind. i tracked it all over the place. it's possible there's a difference of translation too but i am keen to know where there are variants of the text! that's one thing i came to grips with a couple years ago, back when i was studying a passage in the OT about god destroying the images of the egyptians and when i looked up the word images it was "mastabahs". big difference.

edit on 31-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I have the mind of a mechanical engineer. When I observe something, I can see the mechanics of it, what makes it work, and how it works, and what the fuel source is, and what the exhaust looks and smells like.

Well, now that you understand what you observe, how does it make you feel? So far, you've mentioned that you still feel like a "lost soul", but you're not sure what that means? What part of being Wiccan have you observed that also brings emotion and feeling with it? How does it make you feel?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

edit on 31-12-2011 by Deetermined because: accidental double post

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

I still believe in you autowrench.
If all Christians would follow Chirst I still believe you would join the force. HaHa. Still praying for you and my brothers so that one day the world may be filled with more followers of Christ and less followers of Religion. Always with love

Thank you friend. I personally believe the one we know as the Christ came from, and went back to, the Pleiades system, where Alcyone is what is called "Heaven"

The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve....

It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;....

The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared to the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God.
J. F. Rutherford, Reconciliation, 1928, p. 14.
source
So yes, I plan to follow Christ right back home. I have rather stark remembrances of this place, as if I came from there, originally.
I am aware of a group of Spirits known as the Nine, and how everything is free, and easy to have. One works at what they do best, all for the common good. There are no cars or trucks. All buildings are build into the Nature, and are a part of it, rather than being built on top of it. I am sure Christ, on one of his many forms, will be there, as will all whom I know and love. I take back much information about 3D human life, the music, art, and social graces.
The mind control, the prison warders, the evil bankers.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

If the metaphor of "hell" is to be taken as literal, it would best be expressed through karmic consequence, not as a lake of fire or particular place of punishment, and would still have nothing to do with outside judgement, making god(s) and devil(s) unnecesssary.

Hell, as a place of punishment, is actually a pagan idea, stemming from multiple pagan groups from Pre-Christian India and some Asian cultures, and generally used (as most stories are) as a means of correcting bad behavior.

Honest Questions and Answers About Hell

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Do you know of any documentation medically that your grandfather wasn't human??

Was he human? Honest question, I will relate the whole story to you. I woke up from a sound sleep, and he was standing there, now Grandpa was sick, he had Black Lung from working in the mines, and he always walked with a cane. He was healthy, no cane, and appeared to be about 30, the average age that all Spirits are, in reality. We went for a ride in his car, now this may seem to be a stretch of imagination, but I assure you this is how I saw, and remember it. When Grandpa "died," it was 1962. He owed a beautiful green 1951 Ford Club Sedan. It was his baby, he used to polish it with a powder puff. After he passed, the car was sold, and a week later the new owner wrapped it around a tree on a Kentucky back road. The car was there, shiny and new looking, and we go in and he drove. The car had the same spinner knob with the naked girl, and the same fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror, and the same little Hula girl on the dash. He smoked, and even though I had quit years before, I accepted a Camel, his brand. I touched him, he was flesh and blood just as I am. He smelled the same. He took me to a mine site, and parked right in front of a large pile of coal slag. Anyone from coal country knows what these look like. He asked me why did man still dig for the coal, when free energy devices existed, and were hidden from our sight? He showed me other things too, which I will not relate here. Now I do have to say, when Grandpa was alive, and I was a little boy of seven, he told me that he had seen three Reptilians in a mine shaft, he called them, "lizards standing up like men." He also told me he was from another planet, and would go back there soon. He was very protective of me, taught me to hunt, and shoot, to use a chopping axe, to skin and gut an animal, to build a fire when it had rained, and was wet. He was very real, and he was not a Demon, and I really wish RG and the others would stop insulting him. The man survived Iwo Jima, and had a Silver Star for bravery under fire, and a Purple Heart. I still have his tube type short wave radio.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

If the metaphor of "hell" is to be taken as literal, it would best be expressed through karmic consequence, not as a lake of fire or particular place of punishment, and would still have nothing to do with outside judgement, making god(s) and devil(s) unnecesssary.

Hell, as a place of punishment, is actually a pagan idea, stemming from multiple pagan groups from Pre-Christian India and some Asian cultures, and generally used (as most stories are) as a means of correcting bad behavior.

Honest Questions and Answers About Hell

i study these topics alot. have you read my "stargates are real" thread? it's pretty old, has many broken links by now but has alot of info on this subject in it. sheol incorporates many of these words (hell, grave, pit) and underworld. and it is found in many passages in the old testament. so it isn't exclusively a new testament idea. and it connects the bottomless pit/abyss reference to hell and all that jazz. and yes, it means many things, but the general meaning in the bible is, a place of punishment. just cause it's pagan doesn't mean it isn't real. also doesn't mean it can't be in the bible.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Autowrench, I think you're taking the demon thing wrong. I don't believe anyone is telling you that your grandfather is himself a demon. I think they're trying to tell you that what you are seeing is a demon DISGUISED as your grandfather. Not one and the same. They're trying to tell you that Satan wants you to believe that you saw, touched and felt your grandfather, but it wasn't him.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

you sound like robert morning sky, although i don't recall him mentioning the nine.
have you read the terra papers?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

...just cause it's pagan doesn't mean it isn't real. also doesn't mean it can't be in the bible.

I'm not arguing that point at all, as nearly every aspect of the New Testament is pagan, as are all "Christian" traditions.

I've studied this a lot myself, and in my findings, I've discovered that God is an archaic notion, and a humble one, as most don't give themselves enough credit for their world, or their reality, passing credit off to deities instead. They also don't show enough responsibility for their actions and/or ignorance, by pawning evil deeds and things that go beyond their belief systems off on Devils. Take the comment made this past evening by RevelationGeneration when he claimed the deceased spirit of a loved one was in fact a demon. Do you bear this same belief?

eta:
If the "bible" means something, even though the words it uses mean completely different things throughout history, wouldn't it stand to reason that the Bible is a blatant mistranslation, either maliciously or accidentally?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

and 40 animals on a boat that size, with corrals/pens built inside it, no the barn animals are not going to eat each other.

I'm really curious to know how you get this number 40. Are you saying there are only 20 species of animal on this planet??

Also, how did they keep the lions/tigers from eating the rabbits/kiwi?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

according to my understanding of it, demons are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim and the OT text does say that you should not deliberately contact the dearly departed to speak to you. i am unsure how that applies to the NT though because alot of things changed with the advent of jesus. such as during the transfiguration, jesus spoke to moses, who was definitely dead in the physical sense. there are a few other examples that spring to mind but hubby's pressing me to watch a movie on tv with him, so i'll have to get back to this topic later.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

and 40 animals on a boat that size, with corrals/pens built inside it, no the barn animals are not going to eat each other.

I'm really curious to know how you get this number 40. Are you saying there are only 20 species of animal on this planet??

Also, how did they keep the lions/tigers from eating the rabbits/kiwi?

really quick, if you read the passages it says 7 clean, male and female = 14.
2 unclean, male and female=4 . and 7 foul, male and female. = 14
so 22 animals. it wasn't global, it was his barnyard. lol black sea flood. read the text. the word "all' was not in the original hebrew text there

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join