It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

what willful sin? this should be interesting.

second problem, the definition of satan is "Accuser." now who is a better accuser
than ourselves. we condemn ourselves. the minute someone else tries to, they become our judges
and since they supposedly are not qualified to be our judges (unless they are god), they put themselves on trial and around and around it goes, and where it stops nobody knows. this is probably a good object lesson in the blind leading the blind.
unless you know something i don't.

it reminds me of a day i had been studying the word "judgement" in the new testament, to see how it applies to me as a christian. i prayed to be shown or reminded, if i was judging anyone, and then went to work at the pepsi factory where i had a job at the ripe old age of 18 (man that was hard work). and for the rest of the evening god kept pointing out to me whenever i judged someone. it ranged from simple things like silently questioning some guy's choice of clothing, to harboring a bit of displeasure with one of the other employees, to wondering if the guy i was working with would ever apologize for dropping a bra on my head from 10ft in the air, and laughing hysterically lol).

oh it went on and on and on. judgement after judgement. it was outrageous. eventually i asked to not be shown anymore examples. and the lesson i learned that evening is i'm sinning so often, i don't even realize how often lol he actually had to point it out to me how many times i do, and it's all covered in grace. i have no idea how you could even approach the idea you were not in some fashion sinning if most of the time you don't even know what you are doing is wrong. believe me, if it was pointed out to you every time you did something "sinful" according to the law, you would go bonkers.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

oh i know they aren't serpents. i guess i should prefaced that with the serpent is the nachash, which is not a snake.

edit on 31-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

Prove that Christians are brainwashed or your argument is without basis or foundation and is simply a means to try and attack our faith. I think I refuted all the points the OP made on page 24, if you have any new one's please feel free to bring them to the table so we can discuss them.

RevelationGeneration, I think you, yourself, have proved beyond any doubt whatsoever that my original post in this thread that Christianity is in fact brainwashing is true, and as plain as the nose on your face. You came in here and proved my point! Thank you.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

All people on the earth are descendants of Adam & Eve (who were created by God).

Really? Weren't they from Africa? The Black Race? How do you explain the Asian People? The Native American People? The Polynesian People? Alien/Human Hybrids?
You may be made of mud and spittle, but I am not.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ah, Nachash can basically translate to shining or some type of light. Also, perhaps someone might describe that as a "burning one". That's another way we could have ended up with a "serpent" in the garden. Especially if it was all cunning and serpent like.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Atheism is a religion people join to appear smarter.

Please stay on topic, and stop insulting people. I thought you said you do not insult people? Was that a lie?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
reply to post by undo

Ah, Nachash can basically translate to shining or some type of light. Also, perhaps someone might describe that as a "burning one". That's another way we could have ended up with a "serpent" in the garden. Especially if it was all cunning and serpent like.

ever read dr. michael s. heiser's "the nacash and his seed, some explanatory notes on why the serpent in genesis 3 wasn't a serpent" ?
pretty interesting stuff. yeah, the fiery flying seraph is a fiery flying nachash.
those things that come out of the wormhole in ezekiel, for example, are seraphim. and they are metallic, gleaming, shining, like they were metal in a furnace that's just starting to cool off. here's a video of it. (i don't think it's completely accurate but boy is it interesting!)

err wait, are those cherubim?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

I am afraid no matter which way you try and slice it, evolution is Scientifically impossible.

Fact one:

There is no known observable process by which new genetic information can be added to an organism's genetic code. NONE - that pretty much refutes evolution right away because theirs no way to go from a fish to an amphibian without adding new information.

Fact Two:

Never has it been observed that life can come from non-life.

Sigh....I can take three kernels of corn, each with no life within them, plant them in the Earth, add water, and a corn stalk will grow, and will produce nine ears of corn. The stalk is a living thing, it can be killed.

I can take a sharp edged, and jagged stone, and throw it into a creek. After many years, the stone will become rounded, and smooth.

Sperm and the Egg of Woman are not living things. Place them together, and a human life forms. The life form grows within the belly of Woman, and evolves into a living, breathing, sentient, intelligent being.

If these things are not Evolution, can you please define it for us?
To say evolution does not exist should really visit the Grand Canyon.
There is evolution is action. Have any children, RG? Did they grow and evolve?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Here's the deal: People suck. They always have sucked and they always will suck. Doesn't matter if you believe in Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Jainism, Buddhism, Witchcraft, Christianity, or even nothing. All people suck and are often motivated by selfish motives to manipulate others around them. Fact.

In my experience Christianity is filled with tons of non-Christians. They're usually broken down into a few different categories:

1. Christmas and Easter Christians
2. People who want to be seen in church
3. People who go to church simply because they were born into it

There are other types, but those are the primary groups that I've taken note of. That last group can be especially terrifying. They usually belittle others because "my great great grandaddy built this church blah blah blah". They tend to take over meetings and shun outsiders. The ones who want to be seen often join in with this group to keep the "filth" out of the church—such as the homosexuals, Wiccans, poor, etc. Those people tend to ruin everything. The Christmas, Easter, and "random" Christians are the filler. They usually keep a low profile and don't get too involved.

Here's the difference: in some churches there are actually a core group of true Christians. I mean, these people are often very selfless and do whatever they can to help other people, regardless of that person's affiliation. So what does it mean to be a true Christian? It's easy.

IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE. You just follow what Jesus taught and leave out all the crap from this world. Receive the love from God, who gave us the free will to reject or accept Him. Show love towards all fellow men always. If everyone opened up to this universal love from God, and shared love towards all fellow man, then the world as we know it would come crashing down and everyone would have everything that they need. That's all REAL Christianity is about. Only love, and understanding that love is a two way street. All people are open to the free love from God, but a true sign that you're a Christian is when you're bursting with that love for everyone around you. I hope that everyone here has the opportunity to meet someone like that during their life. You know it when you see it, and it has the power to change you forever. It changed me. The struggle is that I'm human, and so I suck. What makes me suck less is having faith that God loves me, God empowers me to love others, and that I do love others. Sure, some days it's more of a struggle to stay focused on that message, but I have faith that brings me through the tough times. But even so, I'm not perfect—far from it.

So here's the final deal. I don't think it's appropriate for me to judge others, but it's pretty obvious that many Christians out there really aren't, well, Christian. They have the Christian culture, but don't have a love relationship with God that empowers them to love others Agape—unconditionally. So if there's anything you can take away from my message it's this: there are lots of phony Christians running around out there ruining the good name of Christ. It's gotten so bad that I feel like we should change our name. I suppose that's why there are so many sects of Christianity. The true Christians keep having to break away from the phonies (I know that's not true in many cases but food for thought).

For those of you who doubt that I know what I'm talking about, a church "deacon" once threatened to kill me during a mission trip. That church was seething with phonies—deep family roots and those who have an image to uphold. I spent many years bouncing between different churches. One of the ones I visited even got all cultish on me, with members who started shadowing me. There was even a car chase involved after I exposed their lies. Even went on a trip once where the youth pastor's pastor friend molested some girls. So I've seen just about all the phony filth, lies, and corruption—and the ensuing coverups. From my experience it happens more than it doesn't in many churches. But I kept my faith because I'm a true Christian. Call me ignorant all you want, but that's what I am. I love you, and I even love all those people who screwed me over. And I even told them so, and they scoffed at me. But luckily for me I found a wonderful church. I'd say that most everyone there are true Christians, and the random fill that you get at any Church is still there, but I see a much higher conversion rate due to not just hearing the good news, but by all the people there leading by example, accepting anyone and everyone, and showing them the love that God showed them first. In a time where many churches are losing members, we're growing. And we do a TON in our local community, especially helping local poor school children with clothing, food, and other supplies. Our pastor has a modest home at best, and doesn't drive a Cadillac like the pastor at my old, corrupt church.

Anyway—just remember this: Love others and God will hold you in His hand. Promise.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Energy is a creation of God.

You have it backwards. Energy is the Force that makes up everything physical and material in our world, and in our universe. All energy vibrates at a given rate. All is composed of Atoms. If I could raise my own vibrations to a much higher level, I could walk through a stone wall, and so could you. Gods are created by human beings, as a way to explain that which they do not understand. Also, there were Extraterrestrials who visited Earth, Enki, Enil, and Marduk, Re, Thoth, and a few others, and all were seen as Gods by humanity of the time.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
And the GATES of HELL shall not prevail against the church
means exactly what it says.

if it didn't, it wouldn't say it and since it doesn't say mosque, temple or cathedral, what does it mean by "church"? it means the body of believers.
what are the requirements for believers? accept the fact you're not perfect (the law, being a harsh mistresss, will beat you literally to death). accept the saving grace of christ. the rest is just icing on the cake. personally, i would want to be rescued by someone who actually cared about me. lol sending a righteous man who couldn't care less if i live or die, wouldn't translate well. lol

"Church" in an etymological sense is a blanket term, which means "a place were people gather for religious or political matters." This includes halls, courts, temples, mosques, schools, etc. Not exclusive to Christianity. I know that's hard to understand, as religion has "taught" you that all of the things in the bible are true and that all of it is exclusive to Christianity and the "word" of Christ, even though many of Christ's "words" weren't his own.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by PowerSlave

But laying your hope on a Non Existent Man in the Clouds is at the very least Foolish and at the most Delusional. Hope should come from within.

so far all your rationales for being against ancient history is, one cliche after another, most of which don't resemble the text itself, or are exaggerations/over simplifications.

it isn't a man, in fact, it isn't one entity. it's many entities. the elohiym created the universe, it's a reference to the super massive black holes creating the galaxies. the gods and their methods of manipulating physics, medicine, science, became synonymous in several instances. in other words, the ancients had full knowledge of science that we are only now catching up to, and it was their attempt to explain it to primitive people in metaphor and symbol, that resulted in what we view today as fairy tales. it isn't the fault of the information. it's the fault of 1) time and distance from original events, 2) generational layering of language and info, 3) people being people. once you get passed all that and decide you want to know what these old stories are really talking about, info just starts pouring out of every crevice.
edit on 30-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

Thank you, Undo, for such an eloquent response. You are wise, my friend, beyond your years. I wish everyone was. It distresses me that some are so ignorant, and unwilling to learn.
You inspire me! A song you you.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Energy is not a biological organism and by itself has never been observed to create life.

ALL is ENERGY. All, get it? Biological organisms, material objects, the Earth itself is All Energy. Life comes from Energy. Wake up, will you?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

no church is specific to christianity, just as mosque is specific to islam.
and i'll tell ya why: it's referring to people, not buildings. people.
know ye not that you are the temple of god. yes even you, fugitive soul,
are a temple of god. the new testament calls it the church, but it's just a semantical way
of saying the body of believers. the spirit of god went from being in the holy of holies of the temple,
(the temple was a symbollic metaphor for the human body in the first place), when christ resurrected
and became available to your personal real temple, since the building wasn't the real thing, just a
symbol of the real thing. that's why the veil rent in half. cause it was no longer needed as the spirit
had left the artificial temple (i.e. the building) and became available for the real temple (i.e., the human
body).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Here is the part that Christians repeatedly get wrong. You see only a believer can disown Christ. For an unbeliever never owned Christ so they cannot disown something they never claimed ownership of. The next verse proves that my interpretation is the only correct way to interpret.

Thank you. You said it a lot better, and more clearly, than I ever could. I have often been told that I "disowned Jesus," when in fact I never really formed a solid belief that he existed in the first place.
I do think a man, many men and woman, in fact, came here, from the Stars, to teach humanity, a young and quite wild race, how to love each other, how not to kill each other, to love everyone, even their enemies, to heal the sick with their own inner power, but I do have to draw the line at necromancy, that does not appeal to me, even though it is recorded in the Bible. They were not Gods, they were, by definition, Aliens to this world, Jesus even said it, if you just read it.
John 18:33
Jesus said, "My kingdom does not belong to this world. If it belonged to this world, then my servants would fight so that I would not be given to the Jewish leaders. But my kingdom is from another place."

From another world. Kingdom of Heaven? Like unto a mustard seed, it is small, and insignificant, but planted in fertile soil it will grow.
You want a Heaven? You have to build it your own self.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

Wormholes?!?!? SERIOUSLY? How can you truly believe that and be born again?

This says it better than I could:

Although they may seem more the stuff of science fiction than science fact, physicists first dreamed up the idea of wormholes.

In 1935, Albert Einstein and Nathan Rosen realized that general relativity allows the existence of “bridges,” originally called Einstein-Rosen bridges but now known as wormholes. These space-time tubes act as shortcuts connecting distant regions of space-time.

By journeying through a wormhole, you could travel between the two regions faster than a beam of light would be able to if it moved through normal space-time. As with any mode of faster-than-light travel, wormholes offer the possibility of time travel.

Until recently, theorists believed that wormholes could exist for only an instant of time, and anyone trying to pass through would run into a singularity. But more recent calculations show that a truly advanced civilization might be able to make wormholes work.

source

The race known as Humanity came to this sector through a Wormhole. Sadly, they were followed. The experiments at Montauk perfected a stable wormhole in time in 1963. I believe strongly that they, those in power over the project, are still using it. I can feel it, and I am certain others feel it too.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

No i will not watch the video so you can believe in some heresy. I must admit you miss the whole point of salvation if you don't believe in an actual hell. Jesus said in his own words there is a lake of fire. You are calling him a liar, there for you are not a Christian. You are a heretic and I ask you brother that you will repent. You have obviously been studying the wrong things, your doctrine is not sound at all. I could not really care much for what the Egyptians believed it does not effect anything.

RevelationGeneration, honestly, do you hear yourself here? Just because a book written by Romans says something you believe it as literal truth? And you automatically discount any other Ancient History as wrong from the start? Tell me, how does it feel to sit atop such a massive EGO?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Some people are still looking for Atlantis based on one account! And some of those people are probably atheists or agnostics.

This is really no different than die hard Christians searching for Noah's Ark, to prove it's existence, even though some of the Sherpa have admitted taking wood up there and placing it to be "found."
And how about all of the other Christians digging up everywhere they think Jesus walked looking for evidence? Come on, this is the kettle calling the skillet black.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

reply to post by autowrench

just thought i should mention that almost every mother goddess statue of antiquity is reptilian.

especially the older ones with missing heads and no legs below the kneecap.

there's even one where they made her a fake head after they found her, and they made it a human head! it was not a human body lol. it was a thick muscled, scaley, claw footed, reptilian.

I just dropped “mother goddess statue” into google images and not one of them looks ‘reptilian’

Now its true most of them look like they should put some time in on a stairmaster but where are you getting this reptilian thing from?

i had a big folder full of examples and posted them on various threads on the subject of reptilians on ats, but i've recently went thru my comp to make it sopa friendly, just in case they start getting weird about everything. i'm sure you've seen the earth goddess statue, she's hefty, sitting on a throne, each arm of the throne is surmounted by animals. originally she had no head, one animal was missing from the arm of the throne, and one of her feet was a big reptilian looking thing. the museum made her a fake human head, made a fake animal for the missing one, and then covered up her big reptile foot, with a dainty little pointed toe foot.

then there are tons of examples from antediluvian mesopotamia. they have serpent shaped eyes ,with long pointy skulls, and stripes on their legs and such that appear to be an attempt to represent rows of scales.
some from that area, had lizard shaped faces and their offspring had weird heads and obvious reptile like features. bizarre stuff.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

I take it your a truth seeker and that's why you no longer believe in the official story from the governent about 9/11 so let me ask you why you believe in the official story from the government about God and the planet?

How can you compare those two? We SAW the towers fall, and we saw the aftermath. We have not seen a God.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join