It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

A long as you teach people to fear God they will fear God.

Yes, and also the God we worship we will end up becoming just like. If we worship to world which is materialistic, harsh and cold, we too will one day be materialistic, harsh, and cold. If we choose to worship Christ, we too will be changed into a person who is like Christ.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
And the GATES of HELL shall not prevail against the church
means exactly what it says.

if it didn't, it wouldn't say it and since it doesn't say mosque, temple or cathedral, what does it mean by "church"? it means the body of believers.
what are the requirements for believers? accept the fact you're not perfect (the law, being a harsh mistresss, will beat you literally to death). accept the saving grace of christ. the rest is just icing on the cake. personally, i would want to be rescued by someone who actually cared about me. lol sending a righteous man who couldn't care less if i live or die, wouldn't translate well. lol

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I'm a, or I was a Roman Catholic. Never have I had any problems asking any questions about Christianity. And I've typically gotten my answer answered or I've been told I'll have to look elsewhere because they didn't have the answer. Never have I been shunned, never have I been threatened or anything like that for asking these questions. (Won't get into what those questions were, but I was at a point where I was losing belief. So you can figure it out yourself.)

This is just another anti-Christian thread in the long list of many here on ATS. What I find so funny though, is that when an anti-Islamic thread pops up, you get a bunch of bleeding hearts whining about how we're *picking on* poor Muslims. (Even though they are 100x worse then what Christianity is today.) Yet, when we get an anti-Christianity thread, which doesn't maim it's followers or kill them for converting, you get the very same people applauding it.

Talk about idiocy.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
that when an anti-Islamic thread pops up, you get a bunch of bleeding hearts whining about how we're *picking on* poor Muslims. (Even though they are 100x worse then what Christianity is today.) Yet, when we get an anti-Christianity thread, which doesn't maim it's followers or kill them for converting, you get the very same people applauding it.

Could you point me to the verse in the Qur'an where it says that people who convert from Islam should be killed.

I must have missed that one.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Christianity like all religions or cults are just another fascist way to control the population.

What I hate most about cristians is they will give money to support there missionary work, but they will walk right past a hungry person in the street and not give him a dime. 99.9% of them are sunday cristians.

I was at a $5 a plate Xmas dinner at the community hall one time sitting beside one of these cristians he said "We should do more to help the poor in our community.", I replied "Well, Im poor why dont you help me?", he shut up. So much for "Ask and ye shall receive."

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi
Christianity like all religions or cults are just another fascist way to control the population.

What I hate most about cristians is they will give money to support there missionary work, but they will walk right past a hungry person in the street and not give him a dime. 99.9% of them are sunday cristians.

I was at a $5 a plate Xmas dinner at the community hall one time sitting beside one of these cristians he said "We should do more to help the poor in our community.", I replied "Well, Im poor why dont you help me?", he shut up. So much for "Ask and ye shall receive."

yeah, i hear ya. one time i went to a bar full of heathens (hehe) and said, i'm poor as snot, and they told me to get outta here with that depressing crap.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Once you have trusted in what Christ has done, then you possess eternal life and you will never face the judgment of God.

You can see clearly hear that all men will be judged according to the choices they make. And that this judgment won’t happen until the second coming. We have chosen to be judged by Grace so we are Jew, by being grafted in through faith in Christ. If one does not choose this path they too will be judged and Christ Jesus will be the Judge. I hope that you see that my interpretation in no way goes against scripture but indeed is in harmony with all scripture.

I thank that applys to those that are not saved. If you are saved you will not face judgement for you have already been forgiven.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Yes that was my point. If someone is not saved they still face judgment. There are several New Testament verses like this. Of course it is better to hear the word and accept it for this is the only way one can know of his salvation. But it does appear that God being a just God still has provided a way for non believers to enter heaven through the judgment of Christ. The New Testament is full of statements about the coming judgment of the Gentiles from the past and the non believers of today. This is why I refuse to judge anyone because I don’t know what is in their heart.

I have said many times I don’t know how anyone could stand up to judgment without Christ, but again for man this is impossible but for God all things are possible. I leave myself open to the possibility that the non believer can be saved in the same way that I can be grafted into the tree of Abraham.

This in no way diminishes my faith or my desire that all come to salvation through Christ before the Day of Judgment. For you see even though I believe all things are possible for God, Christ is the only way that I know. And I believe that the bible is the only scripture truly inspired by the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
mwuhi

then there was the time i was talking about the unfortunate series of illnesses, i had been subjected to in my life, and another bunch of heathens (mwahaha) said, " don't go around telling people your problems. they don't give a flying leap. and you're just making yourself vulnerable and you look like you're looking for sympathy" the message i got from that is 1) don't look for sympathy 2) don't talk about your problems, 3) pretend like you don't care that you have a big gaping wound in your chest and armpit, because no one wants to hear about your suffering.

so yeah.

edit on 31-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
mwuhi,

and then there was the heathen that grabbed my posterior without my permission when i was myself a heathen. had i not been so shocked and a little more violent in my youth, i would've slugged him right in the nose. and then there was the time i realized that there's just as many non christian jerks as there are christian jerks, so the problem must not be related to christianity.

don't lie to me now. i'm counting on you to be honest here.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Now I understand why your so vehemently against Christianity. It is because you have demonic influence in your life.

Demonic influence? I have fully explained to you where the ideas of demons came from, and that only those who believe in them, and supports them as you so aptly do, are even bothered by them. If all ET Beings are demons, than we are all in for it, because there are literately thousands of them watching Earth right now. And I am insulted that you think my Grandfather is a demon, would you call your Grandparent a demons if one came to visit you? And what about the insults you throw at ETs? Like you KNOW all about it, like you think you KNOW about everything else. Are you even going to climb down from that massive ego and joins us in the real world?
When I created this thread, I have people like you in mind, friend.
You wear the Christian symbols, and no doubt carry a Bible with you everywhere, but I seriously doubt you have read it through. This is what I was talking abut in another reply....a wannabe.

The Bible says that there is no in-between, after death you face judgement and the result of that is heaven for the believer and hell for the non believer. The bible calls dead relatives "unclean spirits" they are demons (fallen angels) and are master of deception. They are also extraordinarily good at masquerading as relatives and aliens, they will get you to do anything so you don't follow Christ. Hence why your heart has been poisoned.

The Bible says, the Bible says. Your motto? Your mantra? I have researched the Bible. I care less what it says. I have been around, read a few thousand books, astral travelled, met a few Higher Spirits, you know, those you always label "demons?" You have not a clue about the Afterlife. And again I am insulted that you call my relatives something they are not. I suppose your relatives became demons when they passed over? And how do you know who I follow? For all you know I may just talk to Christ on a daily basis. How do you know who it is you are channelling, and talking with? Even your book say to challenge a Spirit, and if anyone, anything says, "I am Christ," don't believe it. Guess you failed to read that part.

Those attempting to contact the dead, even to this day, usually have some sort of spirit guide who communicates with them. These are familiar spirits.

Gee, where did you read that? I didn't "try to contact" anyone. They found me. You probably have a few dead relatives around you too, but a closed mind and a hard heart cannot see anything of a supernatural nature. I do not have a black cat, I cannot stand cats, for some reason. But I am quite familiar with a few Spirits. So are a few million other people.

Leviticus 19:31; 20:6, 27; and Deuteronomy 18:9-14 refer to “mediums and familiar spirits” and forbids being involved with them, as they are an abomination to the Lord.

Oh, you have actually read Leviticus? Do you follow all of the draconian laws in there?

Leviticus 24:13-16 13 "Then the LORD said to Moses: 14 “Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him."

Stoned any blasphemers of late, RG? What if you Mom blasphemed your "Lord?" Would you drag her out and stone her?

And how about Leviticus 26:29" And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat."

Eaten any long flank of late? How does that human flesh taste, anyway?

And how about Leviticus 26:38? "And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up."

Think you would taste good with ketchup?

I posted these to make a point. You referenced Leviticus, friend. If you are to follow the laws your Dragon God set down for you, then you better follow them all, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

A long as you teach people to fear God they will fear God. Jesus who is the Judge had the right to say whatever he wanted because he was the Judge. You are not taught to be Christ you are taught to love. What I say leads to love what you say leads to fear. I am sad that you don't see the problem with your logic. I pray that someday you will understand why you are in constant conflict with unbelievers.

When I leave a conversation with an unbeliever we both love and respect each other. This leaves the door open for future conversations. When you leave a conversation with an unbeliever they leave hating you. You have essentially shut the door to Christ on them.

You have some issues with your doctrine. I suggest carm.org for apologetics and to learn how to defend your faith. There are a few errors on your part.

People will not likely fear God without telling them they have a problem (SIN) which is something you seem to like to neglect, thus why you preach a false gospel which is devoid of hell, which JESUS made so important that he spoke and warned people of the reality of it, we are to do the same. I never said we should try to BE Christ I said we are to be LIKE Christ to better our selves and help us grow in the faith. You do not know what an unbeliever thinks when I've finished having a conversation with them, are you omnipresent? Or are judging me just like you are accusing me of doing? Isn't that what a hypocrite does? You are preaching a false gospel when you do not mention hell. Finally we do not face judgement as we are forgiven by Christ and what he did for us on the cross. Only the unsaved will face judgement. Christ loves and hates, fear is not always bad (without fear we wouldn't know when we're in danger), people should be fearful of God. He is a just judge and cannot be corrupted.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

It is fine to teach that sin is bad and hell is for non repentant sinners. Because this is the truth. What one should avoid is implying that the person they are talking to is going to hell.

If I tell you that lying is a sin and God says liars need to repent, which means stop lying, and that anyone that doesn’t repent will go to hell than I have correctly quoted scripture.

If I say you are a liar and are going to hell for lying than I have become the judge and have improperly quoted scripture.

If I tell an unbeliever that Christ is the only way to heaven and he wants to offer them Grace and assurance that they are forgiven for their sins they need only to have faith in Christ. I should also not forget to tell them of the promise of the Holy Spirit that will guide them to do the will of the father so that they may have a change heart. I can also say if they do not accept Christ now they will face a judgment for their sins, and the judge will be Christ.
You see I have properly quoted scripture making it clear that weather they accept Christ or not they will be accountable to him.

If I say accept Christ or Go to hell I have become the Judge and have improperly quoted scripture.

Do you see the loving difference in the interpretation? The way I teach always leads to love never to hate.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Im not saying "nonbelievers" are any better than cristians, just that the chistians are hypocritical in their beliefs.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

What is the matter with you???? This is what your God is about? Well KEEP HIM!!!! I would tell you what I truly think of you but it would certainly get me banned. You are the lowest of the low RevelationGeneration or is this really COLBE?

Thanks for that one, LunaCat.
Oh, I think we all know what the matter is, don't we? A massive ego that thinks he is God's special messenger, and he came here to save all of ATS from something.....what was it now? Oh, yes, the Grave.
Isn't that the only real thing we have promised to us when we are born? And I agree with you, I too think it is a double account. Those two parrot each other almost verbatim. Perhaps one of the Mods could look into this?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by sacgamer25

A long as you teach people to fear God they will fear God.

Yes, and also the God we worship we will end up becoming just like. If we worship to world which is materialistic, harsh and cold, we too will one day be materialistic, harsh, and cold. If we choose to worship Christ, we too will be changed into a person who is like Christ.

Well said my brother. You and I agree on most points. Yes Christ the one who came to do the will of his father and teach us to do the same. He was a revolutionary, his philosophy and sacrifice in doing the will of his father is amazing.

If we call all just head the call and follow the Holy Spirit down the path of God’s will we could live in an amazing world.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that the universe is this "god" humans have been killing each other over for millenia. Everything in the universe on the most basic, smallest level is composed of the same particles of energy (light). This energy has always existed since the beginning of time, the same energy which makes up me, you, the stars, planets and every galaxy in the known and unknown universe. I could go on for pages about this.

There is no evidence the universe came from anywhere and that it hasn't always existed. The christian god and the god of every belief of humans is wrong. My beliefs are wrong. We're all wrong until we've ventured to the edge of time and space and discovered how this all came about. We're as close to "god" as we'll ever be whether we're alive or not, but being able to have one brief glimpse of consciousness with which to experience reality is more than enough for me to be eternally at peace. This universe is heaven and hell, collectively humanity creates its own destiny, whether a violent nuclear end or a peaceful advancement of human knowledge to lead us into the stars.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Dystopiaphiliac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi
Im not saying "nonbelievers" are any better than cristians, just that the chistians are hypocritical in their beliefs.

not even remotely. the first thing you have to do as a christian is to admit you ain't perfect. and that the only thing that's saving your happy hindquarters is jesus. and you will STILL be imperfect, after that, but it will not be your death nail. all sin does to a believer is lessen their effectiveness and make them generally unhappy. it certainly isn't meant as a dig against anyone else. it's true people get carried away, but their people and that's the whole point.

if you find you have to be more understanding more often than you should have to, you may need to answer a few questions for yourself, 1) is the reason you have to keep extending grace to this person because they are that obnoxious, or 2) is the reason because they are christian, and if it's because they are christian 3) does this mean christianity causes people to require alot more grace from non-christians than other non-christians, and, 4) are you sure the problem isn't that you are expecting them to not behave like humans anymore and when they still act human it infuriates you?

i'd suggest this is the other reason why sin in a chritsian's life has its disadvantages, cause although we give people a fair amount of wiggle room, as a general rule, we tend to not give much wiggle room to people we disagree with, and this is generally true about everyone, christian or not.
edit on 31-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I still believe in you autowrench.
If all Christians would follow Chirst I still believe you would join the force. HaHa. Still praying for you and my brothers so that one day the world may be filled with more followers of Christ and less followers of Religion. Always with love

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Christians will continue to sin but it is possible to overcome will full sin. Paul was blameless under the law, meaning he never broke the Jewish law. God uses the term blameless many times so it appears that under the law it was possible to overcome will full sin. How much more should we, under Grace, be able to overcome will full sin.

This is what we are called to do as Christians. God has given us his Holy Spirit to guide us. If you listen and follow the Holy Spirit he will guide you to doing God’s will. It sounds complicated and it is not something that many teach but it is the message in the bible.

Not every Christian may overcome will full sin but God is calling all of us to try. This is the changed heart that being born again is calling you to do.

If we do what we are being asked to do than none will question our faith.

edit on 31-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by undo

If we do what we are being asked to do than none will question our faith.

edit on 31-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

they questioned jesus. they questioned the apostles. there will never be an end to accusations cause we're all humans and humans do that. that's the WHOLE point.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

A demon can imitate a fallen loved one to give you hope life exist outside of God (Yahweh). I am not sure what your grandfather believed , but you are instantly with the Lord when you die in our belief system and there is no in between or coming back. He can greet you at the pearly gates. The Bible warns us to test the Spirits to see if they are of God (Yahweh). Im sure it wasnt the posters intention to offend you.

Where did you read that? You guys seem to have studied Demonology quite well, as you seem to know everything about it.
And sorry to burst your bubble of faith, but Yahweh is not my God, and Yahweh would not be your God either, if you would read your Bible better:

Here is description of Yahweh, the God of the Old Testament:
"There went up a smoke out of his [Yahweh] nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it."
(Psalm 18:8, 2 Samuel 22:9)
The only graven image/idol Yahweh ever permits is that of a "fiery flying serpent", obviously his personal image!
The name "Yahweh" comes from the Cannanite Dragon God "Yaw."
He is specifically described spewing fire from his mouth and smoke from his nostrils.
Remember when two of Aaron's sons who prepared a sacrifice wrong, and were "consumed" (eaten) by Yahweh?
Christian Gnostics state Yahweh is a Dragon in their scriptures.

Quoting the book "The Secret Doctrine" by H. P. Blavatsky, it states that worship of the Dragon and the Sun were universal on the earthplane. "The tradition of the Dragon and the Sun is echoed in every part of the world.…There was a time when the four parts of the world were covered with the temples sacred to the Sun and the Dragon: but the cult is now preserved mostly in China and the Buddhist countries (p. 378-9, V. II)." The dragon, however, is not the middle age concept of a beast with wings breathing fire, but is, in reality, a snake.
Job 41:20: 41:20 Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.
41:21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.
41:22 In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him.
41:23 The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved.
41:24 His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.

Still put your faith in Yahweh, friend? See, if you studied these matters, it would become clear to you who your Devil really is.

Draco (play /ˈdreɪkoʊ/; Greek: Δράκων, Drakōn) (circa 7th century BC) was the first legislator of Athens in Ancient Greece. He replaced the prevailing system of oral law and blood feud by a written code to be enforced only by a court. Because of its harshness, this code also gave rise to the term draconian.

source

THE REPTILIANS

COHRA - Council On Human-Reptilian Allegiance

I know I would never swear allegiance to the Saurian Race, they are the enemy of humankind, after all, and have been from the beginning. Why do you people hold these Reptiles/Dragons/Saurian in such high regard? Why do you worship them? ("worship," means, "to work for.")

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join