It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

So you believe that Jesus was a prophet and spoke directly from Him and knew exactly what the will of God was/is?

Here is one you missed sHuRuLuNi please respond.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

So one minute your a Christian and the next your a Muslim?

Do you really want to know what Jesus said about the Father?

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If you deny Jesus as the Christ be assured you will not enter paradise.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Did you even READ anything I wrote?

Being "christian" means "being a follower of Christ". Being muslim means "submitting ones will to God". When I submit my will to God, I automatically follow Christ and EVERY OTHER PROPHET. Because they were ALL the same - they had ONE path - SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF GOD.

And, without going into the argument whether Jesus actually said those words (would take 68 pages) - let's assume he did say them. Does that make him God? What was he saying?

He wasn't saying anything any other prophet has not said. All the prophets IN THEIR TIME were "the way, the truth and the life".

If you want to get to God, you have to FOLLOW that prophet - he is the way, he is the truth, and he is the life.
Only so can you get to God - because they were SENT BY GOD.

Actually Jesus was a little bit different than just a normal "prophet" and was not the same as all the other prophets. If he was just a prophet, and not the son of God, he would have been a liar or insane if you think about it.

And the idea that all prophets were "the way, the truth and the life" IN THEIR TIME is actually wrong. That wasn't until AFTER their time.

That's actually a myth that stems from the likes of new agers and Zeitgeist. The pre-Christian literature doesn't lend itself to that theory.

However, the POST Christian literature does. After Christianity many other religions started to copy various aspects of Christianity, and long after that, the Catholic Church started to copy aspects of Pagan religions. But that all happened long after Jesus had come and gone.

But you won't find any pre-Christian sources of that kind of thing. The religions were pretty unique until after Christianity got started, then the other religions started rewriting their religion to copy things like the "way, the truth, and the life". They even went to such extremes as walking out of tombs with paintings of their Gods saying things like, "See! OUR GOD HAS RISEN TOO!".

edit on 31-12-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Take the Qur'an. Read it.

I thought you guys believe/teach that the Quran can only be understood accurately in Arabic?

We "guys" ...?

That is the case with every book. No book is the same when it is translated. You simply cannot convey the message in another language as well as in the original.
But in that link I gave you, you "click" on the left on many, many translations and read a verse in parallel. So you can compare and better understand. For english alone you can choose up to 6 translations in parallel.

"You guys" as in practitioners of Islam in a collective sense, I meant no offense by that I assure you. If that was in fact offensive I apologize.

And I was being absolutely serious, I've heard from many Muslims that the Qur'an can only be truly understood in Arabic. Is this what you believe or not?

Read the example above.

Here is another one - this one is sooooo interesting:

Throughout the Qur'an, when God speaks about the people of Lot - he uses the word "kawmu Lut".
Every time.

Except in one place.

Now, in english - even in this place, this could/would be translated as "people of Lot" - but there is a hidden meaning behing - which would be lost in english.

You, see, only in this ONE place, God does not use the word "kawmu Lut", but "Ihwanu Lut" instead - the meaning is almost the same "the people of Lot, the nation of Lot, the brothers of Lot".

But, WHY did he choose to use this word here, instead of "kawmu" like every other time?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Jesus is not a prophet he is GOD.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

No, He is a Prophet, Priest, and King, but isn't limited by any of the three.

And God.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Star for you! Zeitgeist is a complete propaganda piece for all that oppose the cross.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

So one minute your a Christian and the next your a Muslim?

Do you really want to know what Jesus said about the Father?

If you deny Jesus as the Christ be assured you will not enter paradise.

Have you ever considered what this verse means outside what you are taught looking at the whole scripture and not just this verse?

This verse means exactly what it says but you think it says more. All things were created through and for Jesus. Jesus is the judge. Do you not remember that Jesus will judge both the Jew and the Gentile? You are a Jew the unbeliever is the Gentile. So you see the only way to Heaven is through the Judgment of the son. This does not say or imply that the Gentile will not go to heaven. They will suffer judgment under the law; their conscious will both judge against them and stand up for them.

Romans 2:12-16
12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; 13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

You can see clearly hear that all men will be judged according to the choices they make. And that this judgment won’t happen until the second coming. We have chosen to be judged by Grace so we are Jew, by being grafted in through faith in Christ. If one does not choose this path they too will be judged and Christ Jesus will be the Judge. I hope that you see that my interpretation in no way goes against scripture but indeed is in harmony with all scripture.

Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
edit on 31-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Back in those times anyone not of Jewish decent is a gentile.

So you see the only way to Heaven is through the Judgment of the son.

Really? I would say the only way to heaven is by being covered by the blood of the lamb so we are not put before judgement.

If you want to escape the righteous judgment of God, then you need to trust in the sacrifice of God. You need to be made right before God, by God. This righteousness of Christ is given to you if you accept him, trust in Him, and believe in what Jesus did. This is why the Bible says that we are saved by grace through faith. "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God," (Eph. 2:8).

When you trust in what Christ has done on the cross, and in no works of your own (since they aren't good enough anyway), then the righteousness of Christ is given to you -- even as your sins were "given" to Jesus. It's like a trade. He gets your sin. You get His righteousness.

Once you have trusted in what Christ has done, then you possess eternal life and you will never face the judgment of God.

You can see clearly hear that all men will be judged according to the choices they make. And that this judgment won’t happen until the second coming. We have chosen to be judged by Grace so we are Jew, by being grafted in through faith in Christ. If one does not choose this path they too will be judged and Christ Jesus will be the Judge. I hope that you see that my interpretation in no way goes against scripture but indeed is in harmony with all scripture.

I thank that applys to those that are not saved. If you are saved you will not face judgement for you have already been forgiven.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

And God.

I wasn't challenging that, I wouldn't be a Christian if I believed otherwise.

(Wow, that statement might not go over well)

My post was a rebuttal of the notion that He is "not a prophet". He is, and so much more.

edit on 31-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Take the Qur'an. Read it.

I thought you guys believe/teach that the Quran can only be understood accurately in Arabic?

We "guys" ...?

That is the case with every book. No book is the same when it is translated. You simply cannot convey the message in another language as well as in the original.
But in that link I gave you, you "click" on the left on many, many translations and read a verse in parallel. So you can compare and better understand. For english alone you can choose up to 6 translations in parallel.

"You guys" as in practitioners of Islam in a collective sense, I meant no offense by that I assure you. If that was in fact offensive I apologize.

And I was being absolutely serious, I've heard from many Muslims that the Qur'an can only be truly understood in Arabic. Is this what you believe or not?

Read the example above.

Here is another one - this one is sooooo interesting:

Throughout the Qur'an, when God speaks about the people of Lot - he uses the word "kawmu Lut".
Every time.

Except in one place.

Now, in english - even in this place, this could/would be translated as "people of Lot" - but there is a hidden meaning behing - which would be lost in english.

You, see, only in this ONE place, God does not use the word "kawmu Lut", but "Ihwanu Lut" instead - the meaning is almost the same "the people of Lot, the nation of Lot, the brothers of Lot".

But, WHY did he choose to use this word here, instead of "kawmu" like every other time?

Or another one: God speaks about BEES:

And your Lord inspired to the bee, "Take for yourself among the mountains, houses, and among the trees and [in] that which they construct. Then eat from all the fruits and follow the ways of your Lord laid down [for you]." - 16:68-69

Do you notice anything interesting in this verse?

No?

You are right. Not in english.

But you see, in the original, the word translated here as "bee" is in fact the FEMININE word for it, not the masculine one (there are both).

Why did he use the FEMININE word for bee?

Because, only in MODERN times, scientists have found out that in fact, it is ONLY the FEMALE bees that gather and produce honey.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

So you believe that Jesus was a prophet and spoke directly from Him and knew exactly what the will of God was/is?

I cannot write so fast, lol.

And I do not quite understand what you are saying here? Can you rephrase?

Thank you.

(you should also know that it is almos 9 am here, and I have NOT SLEPT AT ALL yet ...)

link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yep, just making it clear so others on this thread don't get confused with the person of Christ.

link   

Is it true or false that the same Qur'an also says the Jew has 7 stomachs? How could God have gotten the bee thing correct, yet fail miserably as to the physical nature of human beings?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

And God.

I wasn't challenging that, I wouldn't be a Christian if I believed otherwise.

(Wow, that statement might not go over well)

My post was a rebuttal of the notion that He is "not a prophet". He is, and so much more.

edit on 31-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Im so frickin confused

link   

Is it true or false that the same Qur'an also says the Jew has 7 stomachs? How could God have gotten the bee thing correct, yet fail miserably as to the physical nature of human beings?

Lol, what?

You will NEVER find ONE unscientific claim in the Qur'an. (And to the atheists: yes, yes, I know, you want me to prove God himself to you...)

link   

Thank you.

(you should also know that it is almos 9 am here, and I have NOT SLEPT AT ALL yet ...)

I'm dragging as well, and am not nearly as sharp as I usually am, in a few I'll depart.

Paraphrasing of course:

I believe you previously said that you believe Jesus was a prophet of God, meaning He spoke for God correct? That He knew the will of God?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

A long as you teach people to fear God they will fear God. Jesus who is the Judge had the right to say whatever he wanted because he was the Judge. You are not taught to be Christ you are taught to love. What I say leads to love what you say leads to fear. I am sad that you don't see the problem with your logic. I pray that someday you will understand why you are in constant conflict with unbelievers.

When I leave a conversation with an unbeliever we both love and respect each other. This leaves the door open for future conversations. When you leave a conversation with an unbeliever they leave hating you. You have essentially shut the door to Christ on them.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Thank you.

I'm dragging as well, and am not nearly as sharp as I usually am, in a few I'll depart.

Paraphrasing of course:

I believe you previously said that you believe Jesus was a prophet of God, meaning He spoke for God correct? That He knew the will of God?

No one knows the will of God. Only what God CHOOSES to reaveal to one.

But yes, Jesus was a prophet of God, he was sent by God (as your NT says too), "a man approved by God" as it is said in the NT.

God says in the Qur'an that He taught him (Jesus) the Torah and the Gospel.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Lol, what?

You will NEVER find ONE unscientific claim in the Qur'an. (And to the atheists: yes, yes, I know, you want me to prove God himself to you...)

Thank you, I had heard that somewhere and wanted to know if that was truly in the Quran.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

A long as you teach people to fear God they will fear God. Jesus who is the Judge had the right to say whatever he wanted because he was the Judge. You are not taught to be Christ you are taught to love. What I say leads to love what you say leads to fear. I am sad that you don't see the problem with your logic. I pray that someday you will understand why you are in constant conflict with unbelievers.

When I leave a conversation with an unbeliever we both love and respect each other. This leaves the door open for future conversations. When you leave a conversation with an unbeliever they leave hating you. You have essentially shut the door to Christ on them.

You have some issues with your doctrine. I suggest carm.org for apologetics and to learn how to defend your faith. There are a few errors on your part.

People will not likely fear God without telling them they have a problem (SIN) which is something you seem to like to neglect, thus why you preach a false gospel which is devoid of hell, which JESUS made so important that he spoke and warned people of the reality of it, we are to do the same. I never said we should try to BE Christ I said we are to be LIKE Christ to better our selves and help us grow in the faith. You do not know what an unbeliever thinks when I've finished having a conversation with them, are you omnipresent? Or are judging me just like you are accusing me of doing? Isn't that what a hypocrite does? You are preaching a false gospel when you do not mention hell. Finally we do not face judgement as we are forgiven by Christ and what he did for us on the cross. Only the unsaved will face judgement. Christ loves and hates, fear is not always bad (without fear we wouldn't know when we're in danger), people should be fearful of God. He is a just judge and cannot be corrupted.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Okay, we agree, Jesus was a prophet and spoke for the Father. Let's see what Jesus says is the will of the Father:

"And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

John 6:39-40

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join