It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Who said I don't follow what he teaches?

You are saved by Grace alone. So what are you supposed to do after you are saved? Continue to sin? Continuing to willfully sin after you are saved is the opposite of what we are called to do.

No we are not called to continue to sin, we are made new creatures so we should no longer have a desire to sin. But we are NOT perfect... This is the whole point, even a Christian sins, our mind wants to please the flesh but our spirit wants to serve God. The difference is a true Christian will try and resist that sin by fighting it and not embrace it as an unbeliever would do. Saying that we can lose our salvation is simply not biblical. Saying that means we are not relying on Christ. We are all sinners, yes even Christians but we are saved through grace and the forgiveness of Christ. Being saved does not mean you will never fall, but when you fall you get back up because of what Jesus did for us on the cross.

If you can lose your salvation, then what do you do with John 10:28 where Jesus says he gives eternal life and the sheep will NEVER perish? And also 1 John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us." You are teaching that we keep our salvation by works.
edit on 31-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Mutations that happen with a loss of information not an increase, thus evolution is not possible because in order to go from a fish to an amphibian you need to add new information. In my eyes that's simply common sense and doesn't require you to be a scientific genius or a creationist to work that out.

Wrong. I can see you've still not sourced the link I presented you with.... twice. I suppose it's more of that brainwashing. "Anything that challenges the presented status quo is evil and must be ignored."

That's also not evolution. The body has inbuilt processes which enables it to do that. For example when a human is exposed to cold for a long period of time our hair will grow faster, this does not mean we are evolving into a new species now does it...

Wrong. Hair typically grows faster in warm climates. Only after generations of exposure to cold climates does hair begin to "thicken."

Wrong. There are not different races. There is only one race the human race which God created. All people on the earth are descendants of Adam & Eve. Then the worlds population was reduced to 8 people Noah and his family, they then repopulated the earth but due to the sinfull actions of the decedants of noah at the tower of babel God scatered all the people throughout the nations of the earth. That's where langagues come from. So we are still one race in different locations, we have different colored people due to a pigment in our body called melanin depending on different variabes such as climate, diet it can change. We all have melanin and its possible for one couple to produce a wide variety of skin shades in just one generation.

This one is a bit trickier, so I'll try to be as clear as possible. We are all of one race, "human", like all dogs are dogs. The species, however, are different (as in dogs). Thousands of years of exposure to environments, diets, and climate have changed us genetically. What you're saying is; if I, a pale skinned redhaired Irishman moved to the African plains, I would within weeks grow as tan as an African, with dark wooly hair (essentially looking like Jesus).
What would really happen is, I would get sun poisoning and go home... with slightly longer hair because of the heat. In fact, if I decided to stay, with my equally pale wife, our child would still be pale, and so would his children if he married a pale woman. Come back in 1000 years and there might be a difference, but they still wouldn't look black. Those transformations took a lonnnnng time.

Acts 17:26 - From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

"Faith in your new apprentice, misplaced may be. As is your faith in the dark side of the Force." ~Yoda

edit on 31-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Try watching the video, near the end is the scientific part... Maybe you might be able to wrap your head round it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by dilly1

For sure your from Kansas.

I don't own 'from Kansas', how can it be mine?

Weird guy

OUCH!

I mean, OUUCCHH!!!

With that my absurd trip threshold has been met. Toodles.

edit on 31-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Toodles?

Nothing to add about the public school part ? No?

Ok I'll say it again.

For sure you're from Kansas.

Is that better,,, my dyslexia kicks in from time to time. Never went to parliament school.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Believe me when I say this; nothing you've expressed has "blown my mind" in such a way that I would have difficulty wrapping my head around any of it.
I've tried it on. I've worn it around the house, and guess what? It still doesn't fit. It's not that I don't understand it. (I typically understand everything). I just don't agree with it... to a degree. Sure it's the basis of color, but it doesn't explain other genetic traits. Anywho...

You can keep your "relationship" with god... I'll continue to be God, and we'll just call it a night. How's that sound?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by dilly1

I take it your a truth seeker and that's why you no longer believe in the official story from the governent about 9/11 so let me ask you why you believe in the official story from the government about God and the planet?

Not to further derail this thread, but it's unconstitutional for the government to say anything, either way, about God. You'll find that information in books (not the Bible).
This isn't a 9/11 thread, so dragging that into it doesn't help anything or anyone. It's simple name calling.

@ NoTuRtYpIcAl (whatever...): Pedantry isn't intellectual. It's simply trying to gain points by finding irrelevant flaws in syntax. You know full well what I meant, but chose to attack the way I said it rather than what I was saying. Hiding behind "you said it wrong" rather than adding to the debate marginalizes your input. If I get a title wrong, it's something I'll admit to. No biggie. I was wrong on that point. Yay, you! Can you argue with the premise without criticism? Or will you avoid/dismiss the premise altogether - without intellectual thought - as RevelationGeneration did? I honestly want someone to prove to me that the Bible is truth. So far, nobody has come close. There are too many sects. Too many contradictions. Too many untruths. For people to believe it all hook-line-and-sinker is a mystery to me. I seek the truth, but find only ridicule and judgement.

When confronted with data many seem to hide behind mythology and magic. Rather than show their side of the debate, they choose to bait others with bile and hatred.

Quoting Bronze age stories at me isn't science. You may as well read Dr. Suess at me.

At the end of the day, you've basically proven the OP's question. Yes. Yes it is.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

And this is what the church teaches. It is sad to me that the message is so misunderstood. Man chooses to fear God because they knew they were sinners. That is why God gave in to Moses and Israel’s demand for a King and laws. You see this is a fear that is healthy, but taken out of context.

My daughter fears me but not in a violent hell sort of way. She is simply afraid of disappointing me because she knows that the rules I make are for her own good. I do not put this fear in her as I very love but the fear comes from her nature, not from my love. This is the fear of God that is good. You see the fear comes from love. This is why Jesus came. To prove to man that while we were still sinners he loved us.

Do you think that it is right for people who run around willfully sinning, for their own greed and pleasure that they should end up in the same place as those of us that at least want to listen and do good? It is the willfully disobedient; the ones who know for certain that what they do is wrong that will face this judgment, for there is no love in them.

Hopefully this clears up the true message of the bible for you. Not so you will convert, but that you know that my faith is indeed in a loving God.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

I take it your a truth seeker and that's why you no longer believe in the official story from the governent about 9/11 so let me ask you why you believe in the official story from the government about God and the planet?

First,,, I can't talk about that subject. Not aloud.

Second,,what is this statement?
" Why I believe the official story from the government about god and the planet"????
I don't understand what your are saying.

But if you really want to know where I stand ,just read all my posts on this thread. You will see I believe no story from any governing body.

All my views come from myself and I. All I use is simple logic. Logic is always right,doesn't always have the answers but always right.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Who said I don't follow what he teaches?

You are saved by Grace alone. So what are you supposed to do after you are saved? Continue to sin? Continuing to willfully sin after you are saved is the opposite of what we are called to do.

No we are not called to continue to sin, we are made new creatures so we should no longer have a desire to sin. But we are NOT perfect... This is the whole point, even a Christian sins, our mind wants to please the flesh but our spirit wants to serve God. The difference is a true Christian will try and resist that sin by fighting it and not embrace it as an unbeliever would do. Saying that we can lose our salvation is simply not biblical. Saying that means we are not relying on Christ. We are all sinners, yes even Christians but we are saved through grace and the forgiveness of Christ. Being saved does not mean you will never fall, but when you fall you get back up because of what Jesus did for us on the cross.

If you can lose your salvation, then what do you do with John 10:28 where Jesus says he gives eternal life and the sheep will NEVER perish? And also 1 John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us." You are teaching that we keep our salvation by works.

I did not say that once you are saved you can lose salvation. I said that when you willfully disobey you mock Christ. How do you not see that you are disobeying the most important commands? Love your neighbor, and judge not least you be judged by the same measure. These are the word of Christ not my own. I am simply asking you brother to listen to the words of Christ so that others may know your faith.

When you do the exact opposite of what God is calling you to do you make it impossible for anyone to believe in your faith. I only pray that you and all others who call themselves Christians that make these same mistakes will start following our Lord with kinder more loving hearts. I pray this in the name of the son Jesus Christ.

In almost every letter to every church Paul tells the members what I am telling you. So I agree with Paul you are saved by Grace but you are called to be Holly. We will never be able to be Christ but because we have received this gift should we not at least try to be like him?

edit on 31-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Its crazy, because you'd never see a thread like this about Islam, or Buddhism, or Hinduism. Just. Christianity. I suggest before you criticize Christianity, you open your eyes and think to yourself: are these people who claim they are christians, really walk the path? Do they really follow what Christ taught(such as tolerance)? Did you ever read the Bible? Doubtful. You probably just google scriptures that follow your needs, and manipulate it. Point and case, you've never experienced it, you dont know. And im a-okay with that. You believe in what you want.

P.S-Did you guys know im a fish? I dont have scales, or fins or anything, but im still a fish(see what i did there?).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Sounds like something satan would say, actually it was the first lie the devil told humanity and is what brought sin in to the world. I hope one day you will realize God is real, and the evidence is overwelming, ether way you will face him at Judgement day, and despite whether you believe yourself to be god or not you will have to answer to your maker.

Genesis 3:5 For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Good night. Evolutionists typically think they can one day become God's so I'm not surprised to here you say that one bit.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
No. As a solipsist, I ask myself, at what point did I stop thinking for myself. The answer, is that I haven't. Everyone will not understand, but how could they? Their point of reference is outside of mine, and for lack of a better explanation (and default) is no concern of mine.

In short, I am the prodigal son in every sense of the word(s), I am on my way home. Peace and happy new year.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Well that's what you was implying in your previous post, and I recall you did say that we are NOT saved by grace. Anyhow someone who wilfully disobeys is not a Christian and is a false convert imo.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

No we are not called to continue to sin, we are made new creatures so we should no longer have a desire to sin. But we are NOT perfect... This is the whole point, even a Christian sins, our mind wants to please the flesh but our spirit wants to serve God.

So ... what was the point of that whole crucifixion and stuff...? I mean, what you are saying - it seems things are absolutely the same, crucifixion or no crucifixion. You can still sin. Then you can repent. You could do that BEFORE Christ too. Renders all your teachings moot.

Reminds me of that evangelical preacher who had a debate with the late Ahmad Deedat. And in that debate he was boasting how he has "the Holy Spirit in him" and is "born again" and cannot sin anymore.

A few years later he was caught with a prostitute, cheating on his wife. Ended up in prison.

I guess, "Holy Spirit" failed ...
edit on 31/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

edit on 31/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
Its crazy, because you'd never see a thread like this about Islam, or Buddhism, or Hinduism. Just. Christianity. I suggest before you criticize Christianity, you open your eyes and think to yourself: are these people who claim they are christians, really walk the path? Do they really follow what Christ taught(such as tolerance)? Did you ever read the Bible? Doubtful. You probably just google scriptures that follow your needs, and manipulate it. Point and case, you've never experienced it, you dont know. And im a-okay with that. You believe in what you want.

P.S-Did you guys know im a fish? I dont have scales, or fins or anything, but im still a fish(see what i did there?).

Yes I did read and I do follow the path. I will never be perfect like my lord Jesus but it is my goal to be as like him as any man could. If you read through my posts you will see that my faith is genuine. However I can take no credit for this as I know that it is God that has given freely to me, and that as a sinner I do not deserve any credit for what God has given me. I am no more righteous than you for righteousness only belongs to God.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by isaac7777

Yes I did read and I do follow the path. I will never be perfect like my lord Jesus but it is my goal to be as like him as any man could. If you read through my posts you will see that my faith is genuine. However I can take no credit for this as I know that it is God that has given freely to me, and that as a sinner I do not deserve any credit for what God has given me. I am no more righteous than you for righteousness only belongs to God.

Was directed to the thread creator :p But I do agree with everything you said in the thread.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Your words not mine:

You can call me what you want but that doesn't change the truth. Anyone who says these following sayings does not understand the bible, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit.

1. You are saved by Grace alone
2. Anyone who doesn’t believe the bible goes to hell.

I believe you also brought up Heb. 10:26

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You have no idea what God is. If you knew, you wouldn't be a slave to man's writings. Comparing me to Satan is a typical response from someone who's chosen a life of fear. "Guide me, because I cannot guide myself. Lead me, for I have no courage to wield my own free will."
Every idea you have about God is the very definition you would give to "evil." You cannot see it because you've yet to unchain yourself from the confines of Plato's Cave. The world is still in shadow to you. God is but a flicker on the wall you stare at day in and day out, and you're too ignorant to realize that that shadow is yours.

I want to thank you for visiting this thread. You've successfully proven the op tenfold.

"I woke only to find that the rest of the world was still asleep." ~Leonardo Da Vinci.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Nothing to add about the public school part ? No?

Oh, sorry. Yes, I could have said public school.

Feel better now?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Are you Christian? If not then why do these things concern you...?

As for what you just said that's not what I'm saying out all. But yes Christians are not immune from sin here's scriptural proof:

1 John 1:8-10 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." (NKJV)

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join