It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Umm by the way...you do know you also need to repent for your avatar right...

Sorry...as you were saying....

link   

What makes your Viewpoint right? Because your Fairytale Book says so. I dont see that as a reason to add like a douche to other people especially when your views are just as irrational as any other Religion.

link   
Brain washing? Its out right lies. Facts, dates, translation all wrong. Religious nuts tend to forget history and make up there on and believe it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

as theory as it cannot be and never will be reproduced via experimentation. See the difference?

No I don't see the difference because that's exactly what Evolution is. It cannot and never will be produced via experimentation, or observation.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
Worm holes do exist. That's a fact and proven. The only problem is, it only resides in the quantum level. Too small for it to be significant.

oooo, watch this. what a shocker

Google Video Link

edit on 30-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachyeon
Brain washing? Its out right lies. Facts, dates, translation all wrong. Religious nuts tend to forget history and make up there on and believe it.

I would put it to you that your a religious nut. Atheism is a religion people join to appear smarter.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

What makes your Viewpoint right? Because your Fairytale Book says so. I dont see that as a reason to add like a douche to other people especially when your views are just as irrational as any other Religion.

Let's not have any double standards here. We rely on other ancient documents to know about people who existed, wars, languages, etc. This is even true when obvious folktales and mythology are mixed into the text. The Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are four separate accounts about a man named Jesus.

Some people are still looking for Atlantis based on one account! And some of those people are probably atheists or agnostics.

Whether you believe the miracles of the New Testament happened or not is up to you. But the New Testament does have more supporting evidence than any other books written at the time, as in thousands of manuscripts with 99.5% agreement. Then there are the quotes from the first century church fathers, from which almost the entire New Testament can be reconstructed.

You calling the bible a fairy-book simply show's how utterly dishonest you are and you lose all credibility by doing so.
edit on 30-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You've said this 3 times already so let me ask you where is the Evidence that Atheism is a Religion?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Christians are all communist and Evolution does not need to be tested it happens only a daily basis each time a new plant, animal, virus, bacterium, etc is born.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Take a look at the follow teachings from the Scripture on hell. They all point to one thing; the lake of fire.

Isaiah 66:24, And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be abhorring unto all flesh.

Matthew 13:41-42, The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 18:8, 9 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Matthew 25:41 (Jesus speaking to people at final judgment), ...Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.

Mark 9:44 (speaking of hell), Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Luke 16:19-31 "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

Revelation 14:11, And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night...

Revelation 20:12, 15, And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life...And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8, But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

as theory as it cannot be and never will be reproduced via experimentation. See the difference?

No I don't see the difference because that's exactly what Evolution is. It cannot and never will be produced via experimentation, or observation.

Research Experimental Evolution. Ever since mankind decided to grow plants and domesticate animals, evolution has been proven to a degree. Look at the difference between a boar and a domesticated pig. Same animal, but over many generations the tusks stop growing, the hair shortens, the mind changes.
The evidence mounts much heavier on the evolutionary side of the scale than it does on the creationist side, which offers zero evidence.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Those Goespels all contradict Eachother and were written decades after Jesus was said to live. Also there is no Historical Evidence for Jesus

Me calling the Bible FairyTales is the only conclusion that Is accurate because of the Lack of Evidence that anything in the Bible is based on Truth.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Correct go to a horse track or dog show and look at the breeding charts. All evolution baby.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Christians are all communist and Evolution does not need to be tested it happens only a daily basis each time a new plant, animal, virus, bacterium, etc is born.

I don't think Christianity and Communism can really be placed in the same sentence together. And sorry to burst your bubble but that's not the definition of evolution, let alone proof. Just remember hell is real and making up lies to further your unbelief will not be an excuse.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by dilly1
Worm holes do exist. That's a fact and proven. The only problem is, it only resides in the quantum level. Too small for it to be significant.

oooo, watch this. what a shocker

Google Video Link

Did you read my post or did you just see the word "holes" and assumed black holes? I said worm holes. The video is on super massive black holes.

But since your wise crack, I will give some knowledge on a subject you know little about.

Super massive black holes, black holes and white holes are THEORIES. Stop watching so much junk on TV and stop believing every Scfy flick.
Worm holes not a theory, a fact ,, is a completely different event horizon than the theoretical black hole.

What a shocker huh

How do you feel?. To be brainwashed by the Science "jargon" Channel.

link   

Correct go to a horse track or dog show and look at the breeding charts. All evolution baby.

thats called selective breeding and is not evolution. You never see a dog giving birth to a cat. Because they are apart of different kinds. You did give me a chuckle though.

link   

yeah i know those are there, but i believe in mercy like it says i'm supposed to. so i do.
my hubby had an interesting theory. perhaps we as christians will have the task once we are in our
uncorrupted bodies, of rescuing the people in hell. if there are heavenly laws and the divine council is forced to abide by them and satan makes sure of that, nothing says we have to. nowhere in that book does it say as a christian, i can't be merciful to the lost. mwahaha.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What gets me is how the bible thumpers never take a history class. They original Christian bible was put together from 1000s of other books at the Council of Nicaea, then poorly translated by King James and company. I mean hell if the thumpers wanted a clue you would think they would use the original hebrew bible.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

i wasn't wise cracking! i was showing ya a cool thing, which you don't think is a cool thing!
who woulda thunk it! if black holes can be super massive, so can white holes and wormholes.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I don't think Christianity and Communism can really be placed in the same sentence together. And sorry to burst your bubble but that's not the definition of evolution, let alone proof. Just remember hell is real and making up lies to further your unbelief will not be an excuse.

Remember "hell" means "grave/underworld/place of the dead", and no amount of lying to put fear into other men to get them to join your L.A.R.P. fantasy is going to change that.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join