It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Ok I get it your a skeptic but you don't have to be such a douche bag. You can be closed minded if you want be but at the very least do some damn research and base your claims off that instead of acting like a immature douche.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Double Post
edit on 30-12-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
It's time they realize that 68% of the worlds population are not Christian, they are so blinded by their faith and

i think the boy monkey might need to rethink what his number means. yes it might be true that 68% of the worlds population might not be Christian, and only 32% are. what this says to me, is that the largest single group believe
in Christ. and the rest are divided between all the other beliefs out there.

or maybe you can see it this way. 1 in 3 people believe in Christ, and the other 2 are divided among all the other religions, or no religion at all.

here is another way to put it, 1/3rd of the world believes in Christ, and 2/3 rds believe in something else or nothing at all.
but hey don't take my word for it, here's a snap shot from the wiki, just because it's the fastest way to source something and then you can check others if you like. i don't think their list is complete imho.

couldn't get the chart to re-size right, so here's alink to the wiki.

Major Religious Groups

scroll about half way down and se the chart, the numbers are counted by the millions.

edit on 30-12-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by dilly1

No I don't normally trust people but I do trust Regan and Carter. And since sightings of UFO goes back a many thousand years all over this Planet I tend to believe that we could of been visited. But it's quite obvious to me your basing your options on merly your opinion without any knowledge of the subjects. Real UFO Skeptics actually have the knowledge to be skeptical because they have actually researched it. Actually learn about the UFO Phenomena then come back to me.

-Zeer0

You trust reagan and carter....why? Cause they were presidents? Well there you have it. You're certifiably brain washed.

Ok ,,, UFO's go thousands instead of hundreds years back,,so what. Your proof is what ? Accounts passed down from generation to generations,,century to century?? . Or better yet,,self taught professionals that concoct connections with artifact involved with ET.

Can you say "I'm hooked on hollywood",, please,,,just once.

What knowledge of the subject? Ancient Aliens? There is no solid proof , just speculation. Yes its plausible but nor more the history of our civilization just mite ,,, oh I don't know,,,be massively INCOMPLETE.(( Without injecting aliens off course. That tend to be the first option for some reason))

You keep challenging me on my gnosis. And you still haven't shown me jack.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Ummm yes I do. When did I ever mention Ancient Aliens? Just do the research boy and base your conclusion off that. Until you do that in ending this "debate".

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Preachers will admit it's easier to "save" someone who is down and out. Preachers bring out the victims' guilt and fear. Preachers then tell the victims they will be accepted into a group who will not find them guilty. Preachers offer to take away all fear by promising eternal life. This technique is powerful enough, but sometimes a preacher who is also a hypnotist is called in to clinch the deal.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by dilly1

I can see by the two or three posts you have made in reply that you are one of those who thinks, or, have been brainwashed into thinking, that humans on Earth are the only intelligent life in this vast universe. Consider the Drake Equation, and the Hubble Telescope. (100 million stars with each photo)
Also consider if ET was not real, then millions of people are telling the same lie, thousands of photo labs are working full time to produce all of the videos and photos, and of course among those "in on it," had to be the police officers, military personal, and even presidents of the United States. You would be really surprised at what you do not know.

Talking about perversely mixing the impossible with the plausible and hoping a theory sticks to the wall....jesus!!

Just because I state that I have no faith in any status quo doesn't mean I don't use logic. Off course its plausible alien life(intelligent or not) existing in our vast infinite universe. Its infinite!! So there must be at least one (which I am sure there is much more), because we exist in an infinite universe.

But you alien lovers forget how difficult it is to travel in an infinite universe. (I can go into more detail but I don't want to be blamed for not sticking to the main subject)

Millions of people are telling the same lie because millions have been brain washed by hollywood. And when I say hollywood , I mean whomever produces alien propaganda.

So if a military personal or an officer says he saw (it) you'll believe him or her? Who's brainwashed?

YOU would be deeply surprised what you really don't know.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

Ok I get it your a skeptic but you don't have to be such a douche bag. You can be closed minded if you want be but at the very least do some damn research and base your claims off that instead of acting like a immature douche.
I'll take that as a sincere compliment.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

Ummm yes I do. When did I ever mention Ancient Aliens? Just do the research boy and base your conclusion off that. Until you do that in ending this "debate".

So you don't believe in ancient aliens? So when do you propose aliens first arrived?

And please keep calling my boy. Child is also fine.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

I think some of the things the Theory proposes are quite plausible but I never mentioned it. Really how long are you going to stretch this conversation out? Just do some research BOY.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Any time people can get you to turn off your critical thinking, it's brainwashing to some degree.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

I think some of the things the Theory proposes are quite plausible but I never mentioned it. Really how long are you going to stretch this conversation out? Just do some research BOY.

I've done more research than you could ever imagine. So if you don't want to think like me, stop researching. Lol,,,. Thank you for making me feel young.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

Any time people can get you to turn off your critical thinking, it's brainwashing to some degree.

Critical thinking!!! That's good,,,maybe you can tell squid face(Zeer0) to try it some time.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

Dude
Is that language really necessary? Can't you get your point across with out it?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Doubt it. But if your not going to make an attempt to have real debate and stop basing your arguments your personal opinion I'll be waiting.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Squid face? Sounds like your mad that you can't make a valid argument so you have to resort to being a douche. But that's how some people are.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I was brought up n a Christian family, my Farther and Brother in Law are ministers and all my family go to Church. The more I have listened to them over the years the more I realise that there is no fact or reason in what they believe, it is all based on faith which takes away any need for reason. Someone dies of cancer, thats what happens, someone lives, it was because of prayer, there is no logic only "blind" faith. I never get into the conversation about religion with them becuase they are family and I don't want to upset them. However I see my family who I love as anyone would but they have a one sided view to the world and it's events and cannot see anything from another point of view.
I believe in everyones right to believe in what ever they want, christianity, islam, little alien gods, I am not bothered, but I think that religion is the biggest problem on our planet (along with powermongers and greed).
I will miss Christopher Hitchen!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

Doubt it. But if your not going to make an attempt to have real debate and stop basing your arguments your personal opinion I'll be waiting.

Lol!!!! And your final assessment is based on what? I'll tell you: others opinions,,many many others opinions. Its all about #'s. In your case you're part of large cult , an alien cult. And because your cult has a large following you feel pretty confident on that 3% of proof you call authentic evidence(which you have not shown me yet) is set in stone. More like set on beach sand.

Why don't you do some research on how difficult it is to travel in an infinite universe. Just try it, and I guarantee you your alien obsession will be washed away by the tide.

Weak,,very weak

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

edit on 30-12-2011 by yamammasamonkey because: Waste of my time...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No, for most followers Christianity is not brainwashing. It, like other religions, is simple cowardice. They hide behind infantile fairy tales of God and an afterlife, instead of facing up to the reality of death, and a random and dangerous world, with courage and dignity.

I pity them.
edit on 30-12-2011 by CountOfMonteCristo because: felt like it

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join