It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
"Cult !" its as simple as that.
it would not be so bad if they did not believe the old bible ways.
the simple minded thinking of the things around them.
it was not until 1950 that a pope accepted that the world is round!
christens are kept simple minded.
nothing existed before god make earth?
what about god and the angles?
did they All sit in the same space?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

The bible was written in such a way, that even if there was 100% direct proof that there is no god, you could still reference the bible to say, nope this is what god wants us to see, we must have faith. It is selfish to think that such a being would have so much care for us as humans. We are a disgusting, vile, species, and we destroy pretty much enerything in our path. People need to grow up, I can only imagine, going to a society with no religion, if it existed, and going up to somebody telling them about chrisitanity. I would be deemed a crazy man. Because it is just that. No offense, but if this is what you truly believe then you are ignorant to what life has to offer, you are ignorant of your own power and the powers of other, you constantly devolve yourself by reaching outwards for help instead of inwards, and you go back on everything you say. Anything referenced by the bible can be interpreted almost anyway, this was done purposefully, and it still has us all distracted, and satisfied with life around us. It is sad that we have come to this.....

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

I guess you've never been in love.

It's amazing what love can make you...love.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

What?? Not sure where that came from???

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Public Schooling, Private Schooling, the Media, Religion, and Commercials,
all forms of Brainwashing. We are fed lies in every avenue of our lives, and it is up to us to learn the "path", to exhaust every resource at our disposal to try and find the needle that is truth in the haystack of motives and agendas that surround us in our daily lives. From day one we are told that we should set our expectations to reach a certain goal, we should seek profit, we should accept the status quo lest we be seen as outcasts and unworthy of "society." We are told things about God that contradict other things said about God, which conflict with science and common sense. We are force fed imagery with themes of Hell and punishment if we don't stay in line. We are told to stick to the "predetermined path", not because there is no other way, but because that's the way we should go.
We go to war to stop tyrants, only to find out that said tyrant thought us tyrants and wanted to free himself and his people. We preach peace and love and then banish and kill to uphold these teachings because we've been told that sin is evil and should be punished, but told also that we're not allowed to judge others.
Contradiction, Hypocrisy, Confusion that stems from conflicting brainwashing tactics.
The churches and temples want this, the government wants that, the corporations want it all, and none of them are right in their justifications, nor their resolve.
Find your own path. If you choose to follow someone on theirs, have the good sense to question every turn they make. If they don't have the answers, or at least answers you can agree with, then you are on the wrong path.

edit on 30-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Everyday people, Police Officers, Military people, Christopher Columbus, Jimmy Carter, Ronold Regan....These are the people who have reported UFO sightings. This shows me you know NOTHING about the UFO Phenomena because you would know the 3% I'm talking about (Roswell, Rendlesham Forest, The Pheonix Lights and all those sightings in South America and Mexico, the JAL incident and many more. You know nothing about the UGO Phenomena.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by dilly1

Everyday people, Police Officers, Military people, Christopher Columbus, Jimmy Carter, Ronold Regan....These are the people who have reported UFO sightings. This shows me you know NOTHING about the UFO Phenomena because you would know the 3% I'm talking about (Roswell, Rendlesham Forest, The Pheonix Lights and all those sightings in South America and Mexico, the JAL incident and many more. You know nothing about the UGO Phenomena.
j

What does this have to do with the post???

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Not to sound rude but this is doesn't have anything to do with you. Dilly won't Pm me so he wants debate here. And I've already asked him to get back on topic.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Yea well, I give up trying to explain to people that there are UFO's out there. People denies their existence just as much as they accept the idea that jesus created the earth and all of its beings in a matter of days. And that jesus will come back to save us all. You just can't argue with a nut like that

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I actually do address my prayers to the Father and Jesus and not just up into the air. The misunderstanding is that the universal consciousness is anyone other than the one true and living God. It's ignorant to even discuss conscious intelligence and understanding without the assumption that God does in fact exist as our intelligible creator. Without God all these terms would just be hot air coming out of an animals mouth. Nothing would mean anything. In fact, we are not God(s) because we haven't power over death. If anything, without God, death would be god.

Science is not showing religion/spirituality/ or the actual lives of Christ and his followers to be just metaphors for an unnamed "what really is going on." I'm not sure what "it" or real goings on one is talking about people refusing to believe but if we are actually going to be Real and look at real facts, real history, real logic, and real unchanging truth then the life of Christ and what really did and is going on is of utmost importance and must be taken seriously.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

True. People who are that Close Minded are almost impossible to accept new concepts. But I still have confidence that I can through to a few people.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

This is why I try to remember to tell all unbelievers at the end of my posts that I pray for them. Because I do love you all and I do want you to feel the same love in you that I have in me. And although through God all things are possible I don’t know how you will ever feel this love if you don’t have faith in Christ. So I pray for you because I wish to see you full of Joy like me.

sacgamer, you have again reinforced my admiration for you. Nevertheless, the second sentence above worthy of reply. I was reading your thoughtful post, and in nearly all things I agree with you on principle. Then I came to that one:

"I don't know how you will ever feel this love if you don't have faith in Christ."

I did feel that love, reading your post. I did! I got a warm, fuzzy feeling that reminded me -- actually rekindled in me -- the enlightenment and love that I found through studying the Tao. I am full of joy of the kind you describe. And I wish it for all people also...because it is truly an astonishing and freeing sensation. Just thought you'd be interested to know that....it can and does happen to people who believe that we are ALL Divine. ALL connected, part of the same One Universal Truth that is inexplicable and "passeth understanding."

It just was that the way I was taught Christianity didn't get me there. It was studying the Tao, on my own, as an adult. That was when I found enlightenment.

Namaste, brother.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Christianity is sun worship. All christians are sun worshippers because they worship Jesus Christ, who is a allegorical personification of the sun, like many other religions and myths going around that time period. They all personified the sun, mithra and horus are another example. Jesus is more of the same.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

TRUE christianity, christians are those that know, believe and practice what jesus christ spoke and taught. There is nothing more than that. Religion has dropped the ball on this premise otherwise all churches and reigions would deplore war, hate, greed, racism, bigotry, lying, etc., the things our world is full of and allowed to go unanswered. Anything less than this is failure to be christian, true christian. The bible is subject to rightful ridicule and dissemination for praising a spiteful, angry, and jealous god. My opinion is that there were many entities proclaiming to be "god" and mankind has been deceived t/o our history. Jesus was the true messenger from the true god entity as is proven in the message of love being the greatest of all things. There are many games being played in the name of christianity that are false. And as jesus stated, you tell the quality of the tree by its fruit.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
im glad to see how many flags and stars the OP has. also the ATS evolution vs creationism poll a few months back was very reassuring that not everyone is crazy and at least on ATS the majority of people use logic to actually DENY IGNORANCE rather than suspension of disbelief in order to sooth their fear of being alone in the universe.

QUESTION for the christians...

say, hypothetically, someone showed you 100% completely undeniable proof that what you believed was wrong and they could explain every question and fill in every missing link.. would you still deny it?

if the answer is yes, which i suspect it is, than it just shows that we should all stop wasting our time arguing with them. they are still children who have not yet outgrown the ideals of their parents and we can only hope that one day they will see the light.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Excellent thread, OP, as usual! S&F. Here's a link to some very interesting information:

www.dicksutphen.com...

BTW, looks like your avatar is a pic of a brave Southern gentleman in battle garb...does me good and would do my father well to see it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

I would doubt anyone could ever cause me to change my beliefs. I was not taught Christianity by my parents, or any church. I came to believe in God on my own through many different experiences and by choosing to seek Him on my own. I have had a relationship with Him since I was 17 years old, and believe that He is real. I do not know what I would have done without Him all these years, and love him and trust Him with all of my heart.

edit on 30-12-2011 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

ive gotten through some pretty tough times without believing in god because i believe in myself.

isn't it spurious to say god was the reason you've gotten by and its not just some sort of placebo effect. you thinking there was someone or something bigger there watching over you and guiding you is what gave you the strength to continue on?

my awe of the universe and understanding of the fragility of life helped me get by and gave me "the strength to change the things I can and to accept things that I can't"

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

My answer is to all of this is "Holy Roman Empire".

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Best selling book year in and year out worldwide is "The Bible". You can get only one for free on the Nook; though it is impossible to navigate. I have nothing against Christians. Like all other religions though, I don't approve of its form of government.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join